Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Not bothered that's he's Palace but is he what we need? We need a couple of strikers.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to sell Konsa so we can afford the Palace U18 CB in on loan too.
  • Options
    I'm suprised people think we have too many wingers, at the moment we have Marshall & Fosu, that is not enough especially as they have been injury prone - KAG nor Magennis are wingers and i'd much rather play Mavididi up top
  • Options
    On the wingers thing, we now have Marshall, Fosu, Reeves, Kalkai, KAG, and Mav who can play wide.

But, I would argue that Reeves certainly and Fosu in some situations are both better through the middle. Getting another wide man in hopefully assures that's where they'll play. Plus as mentioned, it's a like for like in terms of position for Ricky. Lastly, it may also allow for Mav and KAG to play up front.

Obviously another striker would be first choice but given we have only Holmes' wages to play with, the already small market for decent strikers willing and able to play at this level shrinks dramatically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Both clubs are ready to pay a fee for the 29-year-old, who returned to Easter Road for a third spell last August.

Fake news!
    Too right, Roland wouldn't even pay the player's trainfare down from Scotland, let alone pay a fee.

Didn't choose to sign for us years ago, and now sounds like nothing but trouble.
    Leopards don't change their spots.

• Options
    So Stokes is off to Poland then.
  • Options

So Stokes is off to Poland then.

I thought he was off to New Zealand
  • Options
    Stokes sounds like a shit Watt
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Stokes sounds like a shit Watt

Was thinking the same thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I complain a lot that our scouting is far, far, far too narrow if we're only looking for a striker in England, and that we need to look abroad.

That said, I didn't fucking mean Scotland.

Wales?
  • Options
    Gleeson who we tried to sign at the beginning of the month and Roland pulled that deal has now signed for Ipswich on a free until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Gleeson who we tried to sign at the beginning of the month and Roland pulled that deal has now signed for Ipswich on a free until the end of the season.

As it’s only the Holmes wages we have to spend, after signing Kaikai we have to spend the remaining on a front man.

• Options

Anthony Stokes is a player I'll never forget turning us down.

Was running on a treadmill in the gym when it happened - Saw Charlton on SkySportsNews out the corner of my eye, so looked up to see what it was all about and at the same time my foot touched the plastic on the side... Almost went flying of the damn thing backwards only to make a quick lunge for the bar to support myself

I bet you had a quick look round to see if anyone was watching; were they? :wink:
  • Options

Sage said:

As it’s only the Holmes wages we have to spend, after signing Kaikai we have to spend the remaining on a front man.

he's not signed yet

• Options

Anthony Stokes is a player I'll never forget turning us down.

Was running on a treadmill in the gym when it happened - Saw Charlton on SkySportsNews out the corner of my eye, so looked up to see what it was all about and at the same time my foot touched the plastic on the side... Almost went flying of the damn thing backwards only to make a quick lunge for the bar to support myself

This is why I don't exercise.
    Young pups like you shouldn't need to exercise canters :wink:
  • Options
    Just heard a rumour from a Blackburn fan that Anthony Stokes is training with us
  • Options

Just heard a rumour from a Blackburn fan that Anthony Stokes is training with us

How did he come about this info?