Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Top player for this league Armstrong.
  • Scoham said:
    So theres been no bids so what exactly is there to talk about?

I like Holmes but he's 31 in the summer and has never played above L1 level. I don't think they'll be too many interested Championship clubs apart from Sheff Utd
  • So once again KR is spouting his mouth off only to find that his targets are no more than punts. The only decent striker that he has intimated (not named by the way) is Moore, and I don't reckon we had spent £750k in any case. Armstrong scored 5 goals last season and just 1 this season. And he's only 20.

I'm still waiting for him to name the "in form" striker that he said that we were going to sign - not youngsters with no experience - we have plenty of those..........and it showed tonight.
  • Ok, fair point.

Just pissed off that we are so close this season & I fear that any takeover will be too late and/or all the best players would have gone and we will be left in this division for yet another season.
  • edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    If Holmes or even Konsa is sold under the new owners, then we know the score right then and there in terms of ambition. They are the only two Championship quality players we have. So ambition clearly will not be a priority if the new owners see them off as their first acts in charge.
  • Scoham said:
    In fairness even if we had a decent owner who was willing to put his hand in his pocket for permanent or loan signings, i still don't think we'd have got Armstrong. He's from Newcastle and has played on loan at Coventry, Barnsley and Bolton so has never played down south. Given a choice of us or Blackburn (who are miles ahead of us in the league), he was always likely to choose them anyway.
  • If Holmes or even Konsa is sold under the new owners, then we know the score right then and there in terms of ambition. They are the only two Championship quality players we have. So ambition clearly will not be a priority if the new owners see them off as their first acts in charge.

I'd say it depends on whether that money gets reinvested in a decent playing squad. We sold a promising young player in Jenkinson which allowed Powell to put together the league winning side in 2011/12.
  • Those getting pissed off with Karl I don’t blame them I’m one of them, the guy seriously needs to shut his gob as mentioned before fans of clubs take direction from there manager and if we’re annoyed and confused by him how the fuck are the players meant to understand.

3 weeks ago
    “ no one will be going out unless I have suitable replacements”
    Last night
    “Not able to say that players won’t be going out this month”

And the feeling sorry for him, Na plenty before him were puppets wasn’t going to be any different for him, aim For me now is get to end of season hopefully a takeover, just another year down the drain with a mid table finish and pray to fucking god that the new owners have a bit more ambition that the current prick that owns us.
  • edited January 2018
    Interesting choice of advert, must be a sign of things to come.

--------------------

• This is just Robinson trying to show us he is on our side, he was naive to think Roland would keep to his word and now he is seeing the lies for all they are worth. He is also showing the rest of football he is a trier and when he fails here and leaves at the beginning of Feb (with Roland still here) he is looking for a new job.
    I don't normally like all his talking but think he should raise the issues he is working in under this joke ownership
  • Those getting pissed off with Karl I don’t blame them I’m one of them, the guy seriously needs to shut his gob as mentioned before fans of clubs take direction from there manager and if we’re annoyed and confused by him how the fuck are the players meant to understand.

3 weeks ago
    Last night

And the feeling sorry for him, Na plenty before him were puppets wasn’t going to be any different for him, aim For me now is get to end of season hopefully a takeover, just another year down the drain with a mid table finish and pray to fucking god that the new owners have a bit more ambition that the current prick that owns us.

So it seems Karl can’t win . The guy is telling the fans how it is . Why would you want him to keep his gob shut ?
  • A friend once told me Charlton will always be that family club that will always be underachieving.

I told him that's because we've never been well financed.

Someone bring the moolah and we'll bring the fans!

3 weeks ago
    Last night

So it seems Karl can’t win . The guy is telling the fans how it is . Why would you want him to keep his gob shut ?
    certain things there's no need to say as fans hang off of them, don't say stuff you cant do, we all know what roland's like hes not going to change.

as ive mentioned its not just karl

weve got an owner that doesnt care
    a manager that has only 1 formation
    SOME players that don't really care

add them 3 up and were gonna win sweet fa

in other news

neil harris was at the game last night according to twitter watching ricky holmes and josh ruffels of oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

3 weeks ago
    Last night

certain things there's no need to say as fans hang off of them, don't say stuff you cant do, we all know what roland's like hes not going to change.

in other news

neil harris was at the game last night according to twitter watching ricky holmes and josh ruffels of oxford.
    Or Neil Harris is buying Charlton?
  • How long can we survive as a League One club?

3 weeks ago
    Last night

in other news

When KR said we wouldnt sell anyone unless we had replacements he probably thought takeover would have been complete by now

Now he is probably thinking it wont be done anytime soon, and RD will probably sell players and pocket the cash
  • Scoham said:
    In fairness even if we had a decent owner who was willing to put his hand in his pocket for permanent or loan signings, i still don't think we'd have got Armstrong. He's from Newcastle and has played on loan at Coventry, Barnsley and Bolton so has never played down south. Given a choice of us or Blackburn (who are miles ahead of us in the league), he was always likely to choose them anyway.
    And spent the first half of the season at Bolton, so a very easy personal move for him. A 5 foot 8 striker, so not sure how he would fit into KR's system anyway, surely his biggest priority would be someone over 6ft to replace/cover for Josh
  • Alex Neal was also in directors box area last night.

Holmes to Preston maybe

Holmes to Preston maybe

more likely tbh, and thats being banded around social media.

Holmes to Preston maybe

more likely tbh, and thats being banded around social media.
    Still not convinced anyone can be sold while club up for sale. Maybe they hope to buy him once sale is complete, but that would depend on new owners who you would hope wouldn't want to sell the club's best players.

Holmes hasn't really been one of our best players since October though.
  • Ok, fair point.

Just pissed off that we are so close this season & I fear that any takeover will be too late and/or all the best players would have gone and we will be left in this division for yet another season.

I completely understand and feel the same. The last thing I want is for us to be in this league again next season. Unfortunately, RD has fucked us over yet again when we probably were in the best position we could’ve been at this stage to move forward and have a right go at getting out of this division. That’s not Robinson’s fault, he deserves credit in my opinion for working a mini miracle to even put us in that/this position when he has RD not interested and now pulling the plug on deals that we desperately need.

Again, unfortunately with us, it seems like when we get what we want and have needed for so long, (Roland selling) it will probably be too late to actually be effective for this season. In my opinion, that would be all his own doing, and doing on purpose for one last time.

Holmes to Preston maybe

Preston were looking at the Oxford number 8, Ledson
  • Yesterday's SLP states that Kyle Taylor from Wimbledon and James Hanson of Sheffield United were another set of strikers the manager was interested in.