Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Mrkinski said:

Knowing our luck, the trialist is Simon Church

He signed for Scunthorpe last month
  • No way can I see any team paying close to £5m for Konsa, imo he's gone backwards a bit this season.

Looks like the KAG syndrome to me- to many games to early.

I do expect he will be be flogged off in Jan though, - £1 - £2m ? plus add on's.
  • edited December 2017

No way can I see any team paying close to £5m for Konsa, imo he's gone backwards a bit this season.

I do expect he will be be flogged off in Jan though, - £1 - £2m ? plus add on's.

The fact that the football market is ridiculous, means Roland We will get at least £3m to £4m.

It will be more than a pound I’m sure (:
  • No way can I see any team paying close to £5m for Konsa, imo he's gone backwards a bit this season.

The fact that the football market is ridiculous, means Roland We will get at least £3m to £4m.

I thought the Grammar Gestapo were looking the other way. (:

Stick by my quote so will be interesting to see how it turn's out, hope you are right though.
  • Redrobo said:

Punts for players from the lower leagues in January should be for the under 23 squad only.

The first team need a proven striker at this level or higher.

This is what I can't stand about many football fans, their sheer lack of reality based thinking. It's like talking to a wall.

Anyone who looks at transfer windows knows that the best strikers from lower leagues are the only option we have. At best.

1. No "proven" striker currently at a L1 club is going to move his family for a sideways transfer within the same league. Name the last time a striker did that in their prime in L1.

2. The best L1 strikers always move up to The Championship and even sometimes the PL. Old strikers past their prime move down. Only.

3. Proven strikers are so rare that they all dream of higher leagues - and that is where they go. No good striker dreams of L1. "Hey, I am a proven 15-goal striker, aged 27 in The Championship.... I want to go down to L1 and get crap wages!" Not.

Besides, lately the best L2 scorers have leapfrogged L1 altogether and gone straight to the Championship. Those two being Ollie Watkins to Brentford and Keemar Roofe to Leeds.They rarely even pass through L1 anymore!

We could get some 32-year old striker from The Championship whose best years are long behind him and hope for the best, but that's a move for loser clubs with no vision. I admit, currently that is us.

There is a chance we can get an 18-19 year old striker from above who needs playing time but they are likely not going to score 15-20. If we do, I have a candidate, Bright Enobakhare, of Wolves. Would kick butt down here.

But this notion that "we need a proven" striker and then lamenting our owner (or any owner) is not spending £10-15M to get him while our whole club turnover from all sources is only £12M, shows how many fans are just ignorant of the business,history, economics and realities of lower league football.

What a load of rot as usual. Ever considered we may get in a loan from a Premier or Championship team ?

No way can I see any team paying close to £5m for Konsa, imo he's gone backwards a bit this season.

Stick by my quote so will be interesting to see how it turn's out, hope you are right though.
    We turned down £2.5M from Everton in the summer, so I'm not expecting us to sell for less.
  • TelMc32 said:

I’m assuming Big Sam got a good look at Konsa when he was in helping Robinson out. Don’t think he’s as good as Gomez, but maybe we can get the fee for Konsa that we should have got for Joe!

I don't think Sam ever did help KR out (unless someone knows different).
  • TelMc32 said:

I’m assuming Big Sam got a good look at Konsa when he was in helping Robinson out. Don’t think he’s as good as Gomez, but maybe we can get the fee for Konsa that we should have got for Joe!

I don't think Sam ever did help KR out (unless someone knows different).
    Not sure mate, but I’d assume Karl has had a word with his old mate...or 3,000 of them!! :wink:
  • Redrobo said:

Punts for players from the lower leagues in January should be for the under 23 squad only.

This is what I can't stand about many football fans, their sheer lack of reality based thinking. It's like talking to a wall.

Anyone who looks at transfer windows knows that the best strikers from lower leagues are the only option we have. At best.

1. No "proven" striker currently at a L1 club is going to move his family for a sideways transfer within the same league. Name the last time a striker did that in their prime in L1.

2. The best L1 strikers always move up to The Championship and even sometimes the PL. Old strikers past their prime move down. Only.

3. Proven strikers are so rare that they all dream of higher leagues - and that is where they go. No good striker dreams of L1. "Hey, I am a proven 15-goal striker, aged 27 in The Championship.... I want to go down to L1 and get crap wages!" Not.

Besides, lately the best L2 scorers have leapfrogged L1 altogether and gone straight to the Championship. Those two being Ollie Watkins to Brentford and Keemar Roofe to Leeds.They rarely even pass through L1 anymore!

We could get some 32-year old striker from The Championship whose best years are long behind him and hope for the best, but that's a move for loser clubs with no vision. I admit, currently that is us.

There is a chance we can get an 18-19 year old striker from above who needs playing time but they are likely not going to score 15-20. If we do, I have a candidate, Bright Enobakhare, of Wolves. Would kick butt down here.

But this notion that "we need a proven" striker and then lamenting our owner (or any owner) is not spending £10-15M to get him while our whole club turnover from all sources is only £12M, shows how many fans are just ignorant of the business,history, economics and realities of lower league football.

What a load of rot as usual. Ever considered we may get in a loan from a Premier or Championship team ?

We turned down £2.5M from Everton in the summer, so I'm not expecting us to sell for less.
    Point 1is in the text.....best He's already with us & is no good.

Point 2 - If they are loanees they are not going to be any good otherwise they would be playing for their clubs. Any Premiership loanee is going to be young & in-experienced & if from a lower league club I give you one fine example - Dodoo !!!!!

We all know that the January transfer window does not give you the players you want & is why you need to do it during the close season. If I had a £1 for everytime I posted that comment then I could retire now. For Gobby to say that we are looking at this player, or speaking to that agent then I say to him that you are 6 months too late & should have done it in the summer. Or not let 4 strikers leave without a replacement. Numpties.
  • Redrobo said:

Point 2 - If they are loanees they are not going to be any good otherwise they would be playing for their clubs. Any Premiership loanee is going to be young & in-experienced & if from a lower league club I give you one fine example - Dodoo !!!!!

We all know that the January transfer window does not give you the players you want & is why you need to do it during the close season. If I had a £1 for everytime I posted that comment then I could retire now. For Gobby to say that we are looking at this player, or speaking to that agent then I say to him that you are 6 months too late & should have done it in the summer. Or not let 4 strikers leave without a replacement. Numpties.
    Harsh on Best. We don't know if he's any good yet. Fella hasn't played for a year, but a couple of things he's done make me think he might be half decent.

Also Robinson was after strikers in the summer but as explained above, it's very hard to recruit striker of any worth when you're Div 1.

We don't miss Novak or Ajose. Dead wood is dead wood.
  • Sponsored links:

• 10 pages and not a rumour
  • JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Harsh on Best. We don't know if he's any good yet. Fella hasn't played for a year, but a couple of things he's done make me think he might be half decent.

Also Robinson was after strikers in the summer but as explained above, it's very hard to recruit striker of any worth when you're Div 1.

A shit striker is better than no striker.............and both have got more goals for their new clubs this season than Dodoo.
  • Neither Novak or Ajose got a fair crack, don't think either of them are world beaters but the pair of them have much better goal scoring records than Magennis....
  • Neither Novak or Ajose got a fair crack, don't think either of them are world beaters but the pair of them have much better goal scoring records than Magennis....

I think that anyone that’s ever watched the 3 of them play will be able to tell you Magennis is the best out of them by far. I don’t even need to check their records to tell you that.

I think that anyone that’s ever watched the 3 of them play will be able to tell you Magennis is the best out of them by far. I don’t even need to check their records to tell you that.
    I don't wish Novak nor Ajose back but I do hope for someone that offers more than Magennis , in January
  • JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

A shit striker is better than no striker.............and both have got more goals for their new clubs this season than Dodoo.
    I'd rather have Best. Ordinarily of course the money saved on Ajose and Novaks' wages could have been used to fund a new decent striker, but not with this lot.
  • Give me Ajose or Novak back over Magenis - how that fella is still playing I have no idea. Absolute drivel
  • RHF's goals in the u23 game yesterday were all finishes that I honestly think Magennis would have fluffed

We weren't looking the other way, just giving you a chance to put yourself further in the mire with your grocer's apostrophes.

I hear that the new girl in I.T. might be a bit of a looker!
  • Sponsored links:

I hear that the new girl in I.T. might be a bit of a looker!
    We need pictures so that Callum can produce his Confirmed Stamp!!
  • Charlton and QPR allegedly looking at Hendon striker Nico Muir. I know that Stoke and Wolves are definitely looking at him.

I saw him get another goal at Dorking last night. 24 goals in 32 games (all competitions).
  • Simonsen said:

Charlton and QPR allegedly looking at Hendon striker Nico Muir. I know that Stoke and Wolves are definitely looking at him.

I saw him get another goal at Dorking last night. 24 goals in 32 games (all competitions).

Cue Golfie who will be over the moon :wink:
  • Any relation to our new leader?
  • edited December 2017

I'm sure there are other young CBs out there

One benefit for us is the "Gomez" factor, because he was so good, clubs don't want to miss out on the next one of the Charlton "production line"

All the best ones are already at big club, Trevor Chalobah is arguably the best young English defender at youth level.

Everton paid £5 million for 17 year old defender from Newcastle in August called Lewis Gibson
    Man City also have Joel Latibaeudiere another good prospect in Defence who won the U17 (?) World Cup in the Summer with Phil Foden - I think he made his debut against Shakhtar as well
    Yeah he looks a player. Chalobah the younger as mentioned.

Chalobah the older is still only 23 and I have big hopes for him. Talent in spades.

And then depending on what we classify as young, I think Dael Fry and Tomori both look like very good young prospects. Both only ~20. City also have another one around that age called Tosin a last name I can't spell or pronounce who is apparently quite highly thought of there (all of these are Konsa's age). But we may be talking about teenagers when we say "young."
  • No idea what this means, is Tony Watt about to move again (back to Blackburn)?

• With the Arabs buying us my bet is on us taking the best of Man City and Barca - that will do for starters to get us out of this pub league!
  • Sorry forgot the :-)
  • No idea what this means, is Tony Watt about to move again (back to Blackburn)?

Think he likes blackburn from his time there saw him tweet this the other day

He lovs being back in belgium cant see him leaving.

And tbf 1 goal in 11 games in belgium 2nd division would blackburn want him
  • Watt can't play for another team this year.

He has played for us and Lierse.