Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Thoroughly looking forward to the new striker signing in January.....................Nicky Ajose recalled from his loan spell.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

MrOneLung said:

Who was the last January signing who led to a significant upturn in the seasons proceedings?

Marco Motta(although that was a feb)
    And lets not forget our best ever Jan signing Mr Johnson himself-Roger Johnson

But in all seriousness JFC was signed in Jan
    Let's not forget Rhys Williams from Boro Paulie 0 for-11 against in the space of 4 days under the Fromage at Uddersfield and Hull. Not totally responsible but we only played with 10 men in both games and that was before Reza got his marching orders at the former after coming on as sub for ten minutes :angry:
  • Options
    Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m
    Scunthorpe making the biggest bid for Eoin Doyle at Preston so far. Having a go. Bit in paper.
  • Options

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m
    Scunthorpe making the biggest bid for Eoin Doyle at Preston so far. Having a go. Bit in paper.

Good to see the bloke tweeting can get Doyle's club right!!
  • Options

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m

He's on loan from Preston.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m

I would whooosh you but you might have a tantrum and threaten to come round my house so I refer you to my learned friend @Scoham's respnse :wink:
  • Options

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m

I would whooosh you but you might have a tantrum and threaten to come round my house so I refer you to my learned friend @Scoham's respnse :wink:
    What happened to all disputes being settled at Makro?
  • Options

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/football-league-clubs-make-offers-for-reise-allassani-and-ex-crystal-palace-man-holds-talks/

No mention of us but he is an in form striker

I mentioned Alessani to Robinson at the City Addicks meeting.
    He is way better than seventh tier, but is not especially tall and he is ex Crystal Palace.
    His status might well fit a Duchatelet skinflint type signing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m

What happened to all disputes being settled at Makro?
    It's called a personal, to your door, service :wink:
  • Options

Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    46m

Whoosh (Done it myself) - thought he'd moved to Oldham on a free transfer
  • Options
    Going to Norwich according to my Dulwich mate.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Be interested to know why the Lol @Leuth - What bit of my post you disagree with in the context that all of the above were bought whilst we were a Championship club with PL aspirations,

I lol'd as well

Sarr isn't shit, neither is Bauer

JBG was a free transfer

Pope was sold for a profit

That's already 3 points you are wrong/we disagree on, can't talk for @Leuth but I reckon it'll be along the same lines
    Fair enough, on JBG the point I was making was that he is only player bought to the club under this regime whom we made a profit on - he will have cost us money as we will have paid him a fee to join no doubt. All the others are kids who have come through the academy or were bought in before this owners time, which I think includes Pope who the previous owners bought in. So player trading = fail.

As for Sarr and Bauer our opinions differ I don’t rate either at Championship level or think they are very strong League One players. I suspect like many of our players that if we tried to sell either that we would struggle to find any takers in the UK.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Who was the last January signing who led to a significant upturn in the seasons proceedings?

I'm not really looking for someone who can "lead to a significant upturn" but a few players who can do the job will do for a start.

If you get a puncture & you're miles from anywhere, your"runflat" or "50 mph limiter" will do a job until you get home, rather than being stuck on 3 wheels going nowhere.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

I am starting to think if we can get £5M for Konsa, we should take it and run. IF we spend it on new players that is.

Fair price , seeing as Gomez went for ONLY £3.5m!

Will pay for at least a few more trenches at sparrows lane!
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-scout-watches-charlton-athletic-14049188
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Chaz Hill said:

sammy391 said:

I am starting to think if we can get £5M for Konsa, we should take it and run. IF we spend it on new players that is.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-scout-watches-charlton-athletic-14049188
    If Konsa is the best young CB in the country English football is in an even bigger mess that I thought
    To me, this is the time to sell. He has potential but if we sold him for £6M and then spent even £3M shoring up our club in Jan and another £3M next summer, we would go up either this year or next. We could buy 6 one-million-dollar players. That's crazy in L1.

Of course, this assumes our owners would spend £6M. Which they would not. They would pocket the money on the way out the door.
    Napa mate behave
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Chaz Hill said:

sammy391 said:

If Konsa is the best young CB in the country English football is in an even bigger mess that I thought
    There is a feeling at the top level of scouting that there are NO young centre-backs in English football at the moment. So somebody like Konsa, who has a bit of potential, will attract massive attention.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure there are other young CBs out there

One benefit for us is the "Gomez" factor, because he was so good, clubs don't want to miss out on the next one of the Charlton "production line"
  • Options

One benefit for us is the "Gomez" factor, because he was so good, clubs don't want to miss out on the next one of the Charlton "production line"

All the best ones are already at big club, Trevor Chalobah is arguably the best young English defender at youth level.

Everton paid £5 million for 17 year old defender from Newcastle in August called Lewis Gibson
  • Options

All the best ones are already at big club, Trevor Chalobah is arguably the best young English defender at youth level.

Everton paid £5 million for 17 year old defender from Newcastle in August called Lewis Gibson
    Man City also have Joel Latibaeudiere another good prospect in Defence who won the U17 (?) World Cup in the Summer with Phil Foden - I think he made his debut against Shakhtar as well
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account
    @CAFCofficial
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    CHARLTON U23S SUBS | Harvey, Cummings, Sarpong-Wiredu, Carey. #cafc

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply Retweet Like Direct message
    Show this thread

Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account
    @CAFCofficial
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    CHARLTON U23S | Beeney, Barnes (c), Mascoll, Kirunda, Lennon, Carter, Lapslie, Dijksteel, Anderson, Hackett-Fairchild, Trialist. #cafc

It's happening!
  • Options
    I cant see RD spending any money in the window at all, especially after what he said to Robbo when signing Best. With him wanting to sell, his enthusiasm for the club will be a low as its ever been, so keeping things ticking over with the bare minimum will be all he will do.

Im fully expecting Konsa to be sold, with none of the money to go on strengthening the team and no one else signed. There may be a small chance of a single Dodoo-like free signing but thats about it.
  • Options
    Anyone there that can tell who the trialist is
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Laddick01 said:

Chaz Hill said:

sammy391 said:

There is a feeling at the top level of scouting that there are NO young centre-backs in English football at the moment. So somebody like Konsa, who has a bit of potential, will attract massive attention.
    I think you are overlooking Reece Oxford. He may be returning from his German loan due to lack of opportunities but he is very highly rated .
  • Options

Anyone there that can tell who the trialist is

The line up suggests they're a winger or striker.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Knowing our luck, the trialist is Simon Church