Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

shirty5 said:

He's no loss an will be released in June anyway

Maybe, but the point is according to our leader, we only have 16 fit players. So why loan him out at this stage if he could be on the bench tomorrow.

According to KR after the Southend debacle, where we only had 6 subs, he said that he felt it pointless putting an U23 or whoever on the bench just to make up the numbers. He said that they have had to have warranted it (or something to that effect)
    bollox and seth plumb et al who see the yoot more can speak to this, but it seems to me like Mascoll, Terique Anderson, and Blumberg are all having decent seasons. Maybe they've been training with the senior team and haven't impressed. Still feels strange (and dumb) to me.
    Mascoll and Blumberg yes. Anderson a great prospect currently injured but one for the future, although needs to fill out. Dont rate Yao
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

shirty5 said:

He's no loss an will be released in June anyway

Maybe, but the point is according to our leader, we only have 16 fit players. So why loan him out at this stage if he could be on the bench tomorrow.

According to KR after the Southend debacle, where we only had 6 subs, he said that he felt it pointless putting an U23 or whoever on the bench just to make up the numbers. He said that they have had to have warranted it (or something to that effect)
    bollox and seth plumb et al who see the yoot more can speak to this, but it seems to me like Mascoll, Terique Anderson, and Blumberg are all having decent seasons. Maybe they've been training with the senior team and haven't impressed. Still feels strange (and dumb) to me.
    I agree, you always fill the subs bench if only to give the young players an experience of the vibe. What you don't do is say 'go on Archie Edwards, save Charlton'.
    It is warranted because both teams are allowed the subs, so use the opportunity, there might even be a bit of outrageous luck that comes of it. Any player we have is better than Doodoo anyway.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe United have signed Newcastle United striker Ivan Toney and Nottingham Forest midfielder Ryan Yates on loan until the end of the season.

Toney, 21, spent the first half of the season on loan at Wigan, scoring four goals in 24 league appearances.

Yates, 20, who has also signed a deal with Forest until June 2020, spent the first half of the season at League Two side Notts County.
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic have signed striker James Vaughan from Championship strugglers Sunderland for an undisclosed fee on an 18-month deal.
  • Options
    Blackburn Rovers have signed defender Paul Downing from fellow League One side MK Dons for an undisclosed fee on a deal until the summer of 2019.

The 26-year-old initially joined Rovers on a season-long loan deal and has made 21 appearances so far this season.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's all becoming embarassing but the players have to take some of the responsibility for the performances.

As has already been said - if you don't want to be here then go.

It's the same players that were in the promotion mix as there are now. Nothing's changed. Katrien going hasn't impacted the players. Roland being a massive prick and pulling the carpet out from the manager shouldn't have changed anything from the players perspective.

We are still a point from a play off spot so all isn't lost.

This takeover needs to happen ASAFP because it's not just the season that is disappearing on a daily basis - but it sounds like the squad isn't far behind. Time for Jacko, Robbo and Bowyer to earn their corn, rally the troops and create a siege mentality and get the best from each and every player each and every day.

Looks like a complete rebuild in the summer though. It's never dull being a Charlton fan is it!

Like last time we were in trouble and like I said last week. We only have one leader on the pitch whether his legs are gone or not, he needs to start and he needs to choose the other 10 players to go to battle with, otherwise we're going to get turned over week after week starting at Bury...........
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

Scunthorpe United have signed Newcastle United striker Ivan Toney and Nottingham Forest midfielder Ryan Yates on loan until the end of the season.

Toney, 21, spent the first half of the season on loan at Wigan, scoring four goals in 24 league appearances.

Yates, 20, who has also signed a deal with Forest until June 2020, spent the first half of the season at League Two side Notts County.

Wigan Athletic have signed striker James Vaughan from Championship strugglers Sunderland for an undisclosed fee on an 18-month deal.

Wow... all three would be great signings for a club chasing promotion.

Whilst we’re busy selling Holmes and Konsa.

Thanks Roland. (Dickhead)
    I don't know that he would single handedly end our goal drought, but Toney has looked a dangerous player at this level. Exactly the type we should be looking to bring in. Has played as a lone front man for Wigan and looks like a complete forward.

Vaughan looked a very good player at this level. His goals return is not that different to Ajose's, two prolific seasons with the rest sort of 1/3. But he offers far more from open play, and most of his career has been spent in the Championship, not League One. The struggle with him, traditionally, was keeping him fit.

Goes without saying he would have been a good signing for us. Perhaps a bit risky because of the injury problems, but an upgrade on no reserve senior striker which is what we currently have.

For all we talk about how limited the scope of strikers is, it's so fucking frustrating knowing those two were available. Both have drawbacks obviously, but both have played successfully at this level or higher, which cannot be said for Matt Godden or John Akinde who we've reportedly been linked with.
  • Options
    I'd bring back Ajose. We need players especially strikers.
  • Options

In our current situation I really don't think we've got much choice but to bring him back.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I would love to have Yates permanently. He has done wonders for Notts.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Sunderland will be in League One next year, League Two the year after than and Administration by then end of 2020. They are in freefall. Short spent £1.5M total on 11 new players this year, LOL, they have no one left valuable to sell, are losing £33M per year and the debt of the club is £137M.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Can Mavididi not play as a striker off the shoulder? We haven't had someone running in behind probably since BWP, and it releases so much pressure and allows the midfield to get up! Issue we have at the moment is we play the ball forward and that shithouse Magennis doesn't have a first touch or the ability to hold the ball up so the midfield are back under the kosh within seconds!

If he can’t, Grant can. That is where he plays best. Pity we don’t play him there.

When teams press the ball down the channel is effective and he has the pace and determination to get there.
    He has played there more in recent weeks. Did a good job against Wigan I felt. Looked very dangerous against Oldham as the teams tired. The problem is he just doesn't finish off chances. To be fair, he makes a fair few for himself, but he still struggles to find the net in the league.
    Based on a goals per minute ratio he’s doing better than our main striker.
  • Options

Sunderland will be in League One next year, League Two the year after than and Administration by then end of 2020. They are in freefall. Short spent £1.5M total on 11 new players this year, LOL, they have no one left valuable to sell, are losing £33M per year and the debt of the club is £137M.
    My brain hurts
  • Options
    edited January 2018

My brain hurts
    Probably lost on Naps but 'Howay (ha'way) The Lads'! :wink:
  • Options
    Pigott allowed to have talks with an unnamed league 1 club from Maidstone. Wonder if it's Gillingham or AFC Wimbledon
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Pigott allowed to have talks with an unnamed league 1 club from Maidstone. Wonder if it's Gillingham or AFC Wimbledon

I think it's Wimbledon.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I saw somewhere he had a buy out clause of £25k which seems ridiculously cheap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The way Bury are offloading players I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're keen to give him back too.
    Roly's most likely to want to shovel him off somewhere else asap to minimise the budget and gobby wouldn't play him in a million years cos that would necessitate some other plan than his back of a postage stamp tactics for all games in all circumstances.
    Ajose could leave Bury but without changes from gobby upwards we won't see him play in Charlton red this season.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Why can't Barnes sit on the bench tomorrow?

Loaning him out with the squad in its current condition is fuckwittery of the lowest order.
    Our one senior right back is out for the forseeable. The favoured replacement is likely to be sold in the next couple of weeks. We've seen one inexperienced youngster acquit himself quite well in the last month or two. Barnes is the only other player to have played for us at RB still available. Ezri Konsa leaves and Anfernee Dijkstil gets clattered or suspended - what then?
    Unnaffingbelievable
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Not putting players on the bench is just a tactic from Robinson to make his position look worse and put pressure on RD to strengthen (which won't happen).

I'm not so sure. Leaving the bench short of numbers won't register with roly on any level other than the financial. If the youngsters get appearance money for being in the matchday 18 then there's your reason.
    If I'm Lapslie, Edwards or Umerah (for example) and gobby is doing it cos he thinks it's making a point, I'd be mightily pissed off with the fat berk - he clearly doesn't rate them at all and he's letting them know in the most cowardly fashion.
    If the instruction has come from above for purposes of penny pinching then gobby, JJ or Bow ought to accidentally let that slip out.
    Good luck Aaron, make the most of your time way out west.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

My brain hurts
    Probably lost on Naps but 'Howay (ha'way) The Lads'! :wink:
    Sunderland is Ha'way the lads. Newcastle is Ho'way the lads.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Loaning him out with the squad in its current condition is fuckwittery of the lowest order.

Our one senior right back is out for the forseeable. The favoured replacement is likely to be sold in the next couple of weeks. We've seen one inexperienced youngster acquit himself quite well in the last month or two. Barnes is the only other player to have played for us at RB still available. Ezri Konsa leaves and Anfernee Dijkstil gets clattered or suspended - what then?
    Unnaffingbelievable
    Barnes is obviously not considered ready to be a reliable member of the matchday squad.

Sending him out to non-League not only should get him competitive experience, but he can be recalled if needed.
    And if he's not going to make the grade here at Charlton, it gives him the opportunity to earn himself a contract elsewhere.

• Options

dickplumb said:

Unnaffingbelievable
    Quite simple really, he's not good enough for the first team yet, the loan will do him the world of good!
  • Options
    Just saw this. What a shitbag
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Just confirms what an utter cnut he is.
    He will continue to poison us right up until he sells.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    What a despicable, money grabbing old git he is. Just bugger off you sad person.