Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Lyle Taylor has a 1in3 record with the Wombles so looks ok - Hanson moved to Bury on the 3rd January so doubt that 1) he wanted to move south (was with Bradford previously) and 2) was never really on the radar as Bury had it all sown up when the window opened.
  • edited January 2018

Lyle Taylor has a 1in3 record with the Wombles so looks ok - Hanson moved to Bury on the 3rd January so doubt that 1) he wanted to move south (was with Bradford previously) and 2) was never really on the radar as Bury had it all sown up when the window opened.

Wanted to move south so moved from to Bury? Has he got the same map as Dale Stephens?
  • JamesSeed said:

Alex Neal was also in directors box area last night.

Holmes to Preston maybe

more likely tbh, and thats being banded around social media.
    Still not convinced anyone can be sold while club up for sale. Maybe they hope to buy him once sale is complete, but that would depend on new owners who you would hope wouldn't want to sell the club's best players.

Holmes hasn't really been one of our best players since October though.
    KR knows who was in the crowd - I guess that's why Holmes didn't get any minutes. Agree he hasn't been quite "on it" this season but I think Fosu stole his thunder a bit.
  • Scoham said:
    In fairness even if we had a decent owner who was willing to put his hand in his pocket for permanent or loan signings, i still don't think we'd have got Armstrong. He's from Newcastle and has played on loan at Coventry, Barnsley and Bolton so has never played down south. Given a choice of us or Blackburn (who are miles ahead of us in the league), he was always likely to choose them anyway.
    And spent the first half of the season at Bolton, so a very easy personal move for him. A 5 foot 8 striker, so not sure how he would fit into KR's system anyway, surely his biggest priority would be someone over 6ft to replace/cover for Josh
    I wouldn’t worry about it - Robinson’s system doesn’t work anyway. If only he could see that.
  • I'm amazed that anyone on here seriously thought that we were realistic about promotion with just big Josh and Doodoo as our only strikers when the last window closed. Anyone thinking we'd still be in the mix looking for a couple of reinforcements in Jan were clearly clutching at straws. Even without the takeover halting any signings in the Jan window this is never the best time to strengthen the squad - that should have been done in the summer and the fact that it wasn't is proof of RD's arrogance and lack of ambition.
  • Lyle Taylor has a 1in3 record with the Wombles so looks ok - Hanson moved to Bury on the 3rd January so doubt that 1) he wanted to move south (was with Bradford previously) and 2) was never really on the radar as Bury had it all sown up when the window opened.

Wanted to move south so moved from to Bury? Has he got the same map as Dale Stephens?
    No, read what I said. I said that I doubt that he wanted to move south, having started at Guiseley & then went to Bradford & now Bury.
  • So once again KR is spouting his mouth off only to find that his targets are no more than punts. The only decent striker that he has intimated (not named by the way) is Moore, and I don't reckon we had spent £750k in any case. Armstrong scored 5 goals last season and just 1 this season. And he's only 20.

I'm still waiting for him to name the "in form" striker that he said that we were going to sign - not youngsters with no experience - we have plenty of those..........and it showed tonight.

Alan Armstrong would have scored goals here ! And Pittman was named the other day as another striker target and is in form for Pompey!!!
  • uie2 said:

So once again KR is spouting his mouth off only to find that his targets are no more than punts. The only decent striker that he has intimated (not named by the way) is Moore, and I don't reckon we had spent £750k in any case. Armstrong scored 5 goals last season and just 1 this season. And he's only 20.

I'm still waiting for him to name the "in form" striker that he said that we were going to sign - not youngsters with no experience - we have plenty of those..........and it showed tonight.

Alan Armstrong would have scored goals here ! And Pittman was named the other day as another striker target and is in form for Pompey!!!
    Then they should have got him in the summer then - he joined Pompey in mid-July so we had 6 weeks from the opening of the summer transfer window & KR said we'd be doing our business early !!!!!!!
  • I'm amazed that anyone on here seriously thought that we were realistic about promotion with just big Josh and Doodoo as our only strikers when the last window closed. Anyone thinking we'd still be in the mix looking for a couple of reinforcements in Jan were clearly clutching at straws. Even without the takeover halting any signings in the Jan window this is never the best time to strengthen the squad - that should have been done in the summer and the fact that it wasn't is proof of RD's arrogance and lack of ambition.

.....and yet here we are just 1 point off a playoff place. Well done indeed Robbo. Who would have thought a cheeky young scamp from Liverpool would have done so well. Must be one of our all time great managers.
  • I hate to say it, but personally I think this thread is a waste of time, we have been told no transfers while RD owns club. How many of us really believe he will sell the club before the end of this month, he may sell players maybe, but not buy
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

So once again KR is spouting his mouth off only to find that his targets are no more than punts. The only decent striker that he has intimated (not named by the way) is Moore, and I don't reckon we had spent £750k in any case. Armstrong scored 5 goals last season and just 1 this season. And he's only 20.

I thought it was Adam Armstrong?

• uie2 said:

It's spelt Alun. Getting on a bit but should have a few new tricks to bring to the team.
  • ross1 said:

I hate to say it, but personally I think this thread is a waste of time, we have been told no transfers while RD owns club. How many of us really believe he will sell the club before the end of this month, he may sell players maybe, but not buy

Its topical because KR insists on telling anyone who'll listen who we have missed out on.
  • Anyone got any rumours??

Surely someone must have bumped into Robinson today, and heard him throw out a few random names...

Fleetwood Mac

Surely someone must have bumped into Robinson today, and heard him throw out a few random names...
    I bumped into him today,

He said to me look paulie I promise i am doing everything.
    I had bids accepted for Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar but suddenly Roland said we cant afford them now, I dont know what to do I just hope Roland allows the deals for Suarez, Hazard and Neur so they can play Saturday
  • I don't believe new bidders would sell Holmes right away, unless what they desire is protests at their first match as owners. I believe selling Holmes and Konsa is being negotiated by RD in case talks fall through.

Fleetwood Mac
    Are the Fleetwood Macs part of the Scottish consortium?
  • Sponsored links:

• Also talk that he may recall Ajose back from his loan.
  • SHIT SHOW OF A FOOTBALL CLUB
  • I think it's his last chance, he's been out of form for about 2 months now, ain't getting any younger.

The main thing that annoys me is we won't see that money, for that reason I hope he stays cause we could do with him, if he goes he goes though, don't blame him. I'd be annoyed if we were on 50 or so points (tragic that we aren't) and he was looking to hop, but the fact we look unlikely to go up and it would take him another season at least I just don't feel outraged about it
  • Oggy Red said:

Let's look at it from Ricky's point of view:

1) Charlton in chaos. Full of uncertainty, everything crumbling. No one knows what's happening.

2) If no more strengthening of the Charlton team this window, promotion is unlikely to happen.

3) He signed an extended contract in the summer, because his manager convinced him this season he would win promotion - and get his chance to play in the Champ next season.

4) Sheffield Utd gives him a chance to play at that higher level.

5) At approaching 31 years old, this could very well be last chance saloon to achieve his ambition.

6) £££££££ ...... as a family man and end of career just over the horizon, he has a duty to do the best for his family.

7) He's just f*cked off. But unlike everyone else, he's got an opportunity to escape the asylum.

hes tried for us and hasnt manufactured a move away hes been lied to by the owner, not even defending roland but if the business is up for sale your not going to splash cash its 1 of 2 options he either stays and spends a bit and we have a promotion push or he sells and will get as much money as he can.
  • Sell Holmes and we might aswel shut the club down .