Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Smith Boxer

Comments

• Options
    Couldn’t really see the first punch, was off camera.
  • Options
    I've got to say Lewis that was a hard fight against a very tough and durable opponent.
    Well done for the win and good luck in the future.

It was also nice to see your cornermen with the Charlton badge on their sleeves.
  • Options
    Watched on You Tube. Thought he did enough in three rounds for the decision even if it was very close on points. The other lad (Josh Thorne) has a poor record but he was gutsy and gave it a good go. Lewis is tall and lean and needs to use his reach and leverage to dominate if he can. Good to see the Charlton badge on his T shirt as the fighters were called together for the decision. Well done Lewis.
  • Options
    Well done Lewis
  • Options
    Great effort @LewSmith94 well done
  • Options
    Well done, Lew. Tough opponent who wasn’t there to roll over - Lew will learn a lot from that.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Well done Lewis!

Only saw the last round and a half and his opponent (Thorne) was a head shorter and looked keen to 'accidentally' use his own head as shorter fighters often do when they come forward to get inside the taller man.

From the limited amount that I saw Thorne looked to have the more aggressive intent (possibly because he knew he was down on points) but the meaningful shots were landed by Smith.

Good to see the Charlton badge loud and proud on Lewis' shorts and teeshirt.
  • Options
    You need to work on your Jab. With them long arms a spiteful jab will take you far. You have great technique maybe a bit more weight will help. Showed heart. Congrats.
  • Options
    Well done Lewis, tough fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Done well there got involved in a brawl when he didn’t need too but will learn loads from that fight

Great to see Nols and RCT looking forward to watching his lad in the 5th fight

Good support here from #teamsmith

Great to meet you mate. Come on Dan Azeez
  • Options
    Dan Azeez on now
  • Options
    Great win. 2 great results.
  • Options
    Dan Azeez was quality. Great to shake hands with the legend @LewSmith94 great win. Any spare seats @RodneyCharltonTrotta ? @nth london addick has just done a runner and left me on my Tod ;)
  • Options
    Of course mate. Table 47 but we are shooting after this fight.
  • Options
    Ha, no worries. I doubt I'd find it in time... Surely the point of numbered tables is to put them in order?
  • Options
    Well done Lew!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Dan Azeez was quality. Great to shake hands with the legend @LewSmith94 great win. Any spare seats @RodneyCharltonTrotta ? @nth london addick has just done a runner and left me on my Tod ;)

Ha ha sorry mate was my little mans bday and we promised him a curry

• Options

McBobbin said:

Ha ha sorry mate was my little mans bday and we promised him a curry

Bless him! Hope he enjoyed his birthday. Was a good night. I saw a few more fights. I'd not been to a boxing night before, you get great value for money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More than welcome mate everyone who chipped in did so to enable you the chance to improve and try to assist you reach the goals you set ,

I have been at both your pro fights and I saw great improvement last night , you and Al will no doubt watch that back and pick out the boys you need to focus on

He was a tough opponent for a second fight and one who came to beat you not just give you round time that will have taught you more in 12 mins than any amount in the gym
  • Options
    Happy to chip in again. Enjoyed it last night, and Lew's entrance blew the roof off, not bad for 6.30 before the drinks get flowing (it was getting a bit TOWIE by the time I left)... Got some quality support there.

The other guy was there to fight, and was compact and strong. He also had it all to do after being dropped in the opening seconds. With more experience in bossing the ring and some more behind the jab Lew is going to be quality. Looking forward to the next fight already.
  • Options

More than welcome mate everyone who chipped in did so to enable you the chance to improve and try to assist you reach the goals you set ,

I have been at both your pro fights and I saw great improvement last night , you and Al will no doubt watch that back and pick out the boys you need to focus on

He was a tough opponent for a second fight and one who came to beat you not just give you round time that will have taught you more in 12 mins than any amount in the gym

Cheers Darren defo will improve again Alec is the man
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Happy to chip in again. Enjoyed it last night, and Lew's entrance blew the roof off, not bad for 6.30 before the drinks get flowing (it was getting a bit TOWIE by the time I left)... Got some quality support there.

The other guy was there to fight, and was compact and strong. He also had it all to do after being dropped in the opening seconds. With more experience in bossing the ring and some more behind the jab Lew is going to be quality. Looking forward to the next fight already.

Cheers mate top man thanks for coming and hope to see you there again thankyou
  • Options
    Was a great Saturday for boxing, well done @LewSmith94! Just make sure you aren't Charltonised! :wink:
  • Options

Alright everyone, After the fight at the weekend I’m straight back out on April 28th at the Brentwood Centre in my first 6 rounder. The support I’ve had from you guys has been unreal and hope it will continue and you’ll continue to back me in my fights I’ll be starting camp next week and should have tickets soon so if anyone wants tickets you can get in touch and sort them out with me, it’s going to be another great night of Boxing on the 28th the show is looking like another quality show and Team Smith will be buzzing on the night

Good for you ... keep it going.
  • Options
    Good luck and good training. Do you know your opponent yet? Ticket prices?
  • Options

Alright everyone, After the fight at the weekend I’m straight back out on April 28th at the Brentwood Centre in my first 6 rounder. The support I’ve had from you guys has been unreal and hope it will continue and you’ll continue to back me in my fights I’ll be starting camp next week and should have tickets soon so if anyone wants tickets you can get in touch and sort them out with me, it’s going to be another great night of Boxing on the 28th the show is looking like another quality show and Team Smith will be buzzing on the night

I'm up for that, will see what I can do
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Good luck and good training. Do you know your opponent yet? Ticket prices?

Opponent not yet but ticket prices are standards £40
    Table seats £60 on a table 12