Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeeaburn, Leeeaburn and Oh Aah Mortimer @ Bromley Addicks - 7 December - Free Entry

Thursday 7th December 2017 – 25 years of Back to the Valley – The night's guests are the one and only Carl Leaburn (doing his first Q & A for many years) with another Charlton Legend Paul Mortimer.

Free entry although we'll try and sell you a raffle ticket to cover costs.

And they've promised to open the upstairs bar this time.

Q & A starts at 8.00 pm but bar open before then.

Everyone welcome, no membership needed.

To remind you that our new venue is the Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club. It has a large upstairs room, is 2 minutes walk from Petts Wood station (on the Queensway side almost next to Morrison’s) and there is street parking.

More details here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Royal+British+Legion/@51.3878228,0.0741575,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1df1cb341d183e87!8m2!3d51.3878228!4d0.0741575

Comments

• Thursday 7th December 2017 – 25 years of Back to the Valley – The night's guests are the one and only Carl Leaburn (doing his first Q & A for many years) with another Charlton Legend Paul Mortimer.

Free entry although we'll try and sell you a raffle ticket to cover costs.

And they've promised to open the upstairs bar this time.

Q & A starts at 8.00 pm but bar open before then.

Everyone welcome, no membership needed.

To remind you that our new venue is the Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club. It has a large upstairs room, is 2 minutes walk from Petts Wood station (on the Queensway side almost next to Morrison’s) and there is street parking.

More details here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Royal+British+Legion/@51.3878228,0.0741575,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1df1cb341d183e87!8m2!3d51.3878228!4d0.0741575

Not being a regular of these meetings I cannot compare much to other venues, but I liked this one having been to the Bowyer/Robinson Q&A
  • It's a decent venue, not as good as the Con club in Bromley but better than the Labour club or Beckenham Cricket club.
  • Factual correction: Carl Leaburn took part in the pre-Legends match Q&A. And isn't @oohaahmortimer out in Australia at the cricket?

Seriously, have a good time, everyone. Lovely guests.
  • Factual correction: Carl Leaburn took part in the pre-Legends match Q&A. And isn't @oohaahmortimer out in Australia at the cricket?

Trial run for Bromley (genuinely)

Anyway, why isn't this a sticky? @admin @LoOkOuT @AFKABartram @stig @WSS @cabbles

Anyway, why isn't this a sticky? @admin @LoOkOuT @AFKABartram @stig @WSS @cabbles
    You forgot to tag @i_b_b_o_r_g

You forgot to tag @i_b_b_o_r_g
    No I didn't : - )
  • Not many going by the looks of it.
  • Won't be as many as for Robinson but should be a solid 60+ there.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Not many going by the looks of it.

People probably know you're going.
  • clb74 said:

Not many going by the looks of it.

People probably know you're going.
    I did want to say that but......
  • Just wolfing down some fuel ( I'm home alone for a month ) will be there.
  • 7.35pm Elfsborg already had to borrow a pound for the raffle
  • Nights started with some great questions and lots of laughs
    03F57DD9-B6B4-4048-8C02-1F4A42A394D8.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • Hope someone asks Morts what he was doing on 20th April 1999....
  • Sponsored links:

• An enjoyable evening, in the company of two excellent guests.
    No wonder that CAFC flourished with these chaps in the side. Proper Charlton.

Dying to know what you said to get that reaction from Morts :-)
  • aliwibble said:

"What do you think of Doucher's take on the takeover?"

Would be a good caption competition

Photo by @wwtone
  • Another enjoyable evening.

aliwibble said:

"What do you think of Doucher's take on the takeover?"

Would be a good caption competition

Photo by @wwtone
    Another enjoyable evening.

Out of interest, is there a lot of work involved in getting guests to these meetings?
  • I saw elsewhere that East Kent Addicks had a dinner with special guests last night.
  • Curb_It said:

I saw elsewhere that East Kent Addicks had a dinner with special guests last night.

The Parkes by any chance?
  • Curb_It said:

I saw elsewhere that East Kent Addicks had a dinner with special guests last night.

Praps it was a Dinner Dance and Roly turned up.
  • Keith Peacock and 'legends' at every table. Players from 50's onwards including ex managers.