Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Sun 03 Dec | Match Thread from page 3

Comments

• Options
    Surprised that Magennis is in ahead of Best

Surely needs a break!!
  • Options
    Those moments of self-doubt when you’re in the pub, having another pint because you’ve got plenty of time and you start to wonder from the lack of team colours of ether side whether youve got the time wrong. Thank gawd for the old boy reading a programme in the corner...
  • Options

Surprised that Magennis is in ahead of Best

Surely needs a break!!

Best can't be match fit, think he can do some damage off the bench. Let's face it, the manager knows Best
  • Options

Those moments of self-doubt when you’re in the pub, having another pint because you’ve got plenty of time and you start to wonder from the lack of team colours of ether side whether youve got the time wrong. Thank gawd for the old boy reading a programme in the corner...

Shit, he’s disappeared whilst I was typing the last post...
  • Options
    Where’s that match fred?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I don't understand this at all. It's basically our first XI. Why? We played a game Tuesday night, and the games are about to start coming thick and fast. We don't need to advance in this competition, we need to get promoted. What do we gain from playing the likes of Magennis, DaSilva, and Kashi (coming off of a year and a half out of the game), all three of whom have played a tremendous amount of football and done a tremendous amount of running this year.

And why not at the very least give Dillon Phillips a chance?

Also, we only have six subs! We couldn't have thrown Lapslie or Mascoll or Maloney on there?!?!?!
    Kashi is not playing. A different eleven will be playing Tuesday.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I don't understand this at all. It's basically our first XI. Why? We played a game Tuesday night, and the games are about to start coming thick and fast. We don't need to advance in this competition, we need to get promoted. What do we gain from playing the likes of Magennis, DaSilva, and Kashi (coming off of a year and a half out of the game), all three of whom have played a tremendous amount of football and done a tremendous amount of running this year.

Also, we only have six subs! We couldn't have thrown Lapslie or Mascoll or Maloney on there?!?!?!
    Kashi isn't playing.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Tom soares starts for AFCW ... never knew he was still playing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

1 game away from a potentially big cup tie?
    Robinson not wanting to let Wimbledon get one over on him?
    With our injuries we don't have a lot of depth anyway, as shown by the subs bench.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    SDAddick said:

Imagine Lapslie, Mascoll, Maloney, Best and Phillips will all be playing Tuesday.
  • Options
    Can’t understand why we can’t fill the subs bench though
  • Options
    Only 6 subs
  • Options
    Surely we could've added Mascoll to the bench as full back cover with Jacko being the midfield cover?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Where’s that match fred?

I think we are all overcome by FA Cup fever?
  • Options
    Perhaps though Robinson is trying to make a somewhat wasted point to Roland in not filling the bench.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Whats Phil Tufnell doing on commentary?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Also, we only have six subs! We couldn't have thrown Lapslie or Mascoll

Surely we could've added Mascoll to the bench as full back cover with Jacko being the midfield cover?

Game tomorrow which is key for 23 cup, who also have limited resources. Game also on Tuesday which I would suggest is far better for the younger players to play than sit on bench. You can only make three subs....
  • Options
    2' First shot of the game comes in from @AFCWimbledon's Forrester and his low effort skids narrowly wide. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    4' - Marshall has a shot blocked on the edge of the box - #cafc #afcw
  • Options
    5' Ahearne-Grant does well to hold off Fuller on the left flank but Forrester helps out his full-back to snuff out the danger. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    6' - CLOSE! Dasilva's pull-back, KAG denied from close-range - #cafc #afcw

7' CLOSE! Dasilva cuts the ball back to Ahearne-Grant and he sees his low shot saved by the legs of home stopper George Long! 0-0. #cafc
  • Options

Good to see Lennon on the bench.

I think the intention is that he will get some game time today
  • Options
    1 down
  • Options
    Poor goal keeping there !
  • Options
    Shocking from Konsa
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!