Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend away on Boxing Day (pay on day available)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:

got 3 online this morning, amazingly without any issues.

Will we even take 1k?

Easily.
  • Options
    Wings v Darts that day for those of you who can't face the schlep to lower Essex.
  • Options
    Got my 3 this morning online.
  • Options
    The ticketing website is a shambles.

I really don't understand why the club couldn't make Southend tickets online available for those eligible stage by stage until general sale when available online to everyone.

It's quite simple really you ought to be able to log in to your account and if like me you're VG and ST they should have been available online to buy from Friday 1st December. If not VG and ST you don't find them online available to buy until you're eligible to do so.

Instead of which rather than paying the booking fee for buying over the phone the only alternative is to either drive to the ticket office and spend less than the booking fee in petrol (good luck!) orto get two busses which definitely cost more than the booking fee.

So to avoid having to pay the telephone tax as I call it I waited until the Portsmouth game to get mine by which time I lost the value of being VG and ST. By which time eligibility had extended to those who had 3+ aways this season.

Not to mention that when I booked the coach I was told the club are laying on a bigger coach. As if that's meant to imply the club are still only providing minimal numbers of coaches and also implied as though I was lucky to get booked on it. After waiting 10 mins to find out too I'll add.

Not that it means much in the grand scheme of things as I have my match and coach tickets but the whole away ticket setup is a farce and happens regularly as well. Told the club about this with the above suggestion but of course, still doing the same as usual.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The ticketing website is a shambles.

I really don't understand why the club couldn't make Southend tickets online available for those eligible stage by stage until general sale when available online to everyone.

It's quite simple really you ought to be able to log in to your account and if like me you're VG and ST they should have been available online to buy from Friday 1st December. If not VG and ST you don't find them online available to buy until you're eligible to do so.

Instead of which rather than paying the booking fee for buying over the phone the only alternative is to either drive to the ticket office and spend less than the booking fee in petrol (good luck!) orto get two busses which definitely cost more than the booking fee.

So to avoid having to pay the telephone tax as I call it I waited until the Portsmouth game to get mine by which time I lost the value of being VG and ST. By which time eligibility had extended to those who had 3+ aways this season.

Not to mention that when I booked the coach I was told the club are laying on a bigger coach. As if that's meant to imply the club are still only providing minimal numbers of coaches and also implied as though I was lucky to get booked on it. After waiting 10 mins to find out too I'll add.

Not that it means much in the grand scheme of things as I have my match and coach tickets but the whole away ticket setup is a farce and happens regularly as well. Told the club about this with the above suggestion but of course, still doing the same as usual.

I believe last season that if you purchased your tickets for all away matches during restricted sale you would have had to pay an extra £15. Not a lot of money, but why make your most loyalty supporters pay extra.

• Options
    I'm in....... anyone fancy sharing a speedboat down!?!
  • Options
    After all the confusion/lack of info last week regarding being able to buy tickets or not, we've made the decision to have a lie in , in the warm after an exhausting Xmas Day en famille.

Sometimes you just have to be a tad selfish.

Sorry, lads , but we'll be at Blackburn & Wigan.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

After all the confusion/lack of info last week regarding being able to buy tickets or not, we've made the decision to have a lie in , in the warm after an exhausting Xmas Day en famille.

Sometimes you just have to be a tad selfish.

Sorry, lads , but we'll be at Blackburn & Wigan.

don't worry fanny, we'll hold the Kent end up - me & Golfie Jnr's going.
  • Options

Wings v Darts that day for those of you who can't face the schlep to lower Essex.

Tempted by that match. I went to Darts vs Ebsfleet last Boxing day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got 4 this morning.

Just a word of warning, my record this season is played 3, lost 3.
  • Options

I have to respect the fact that no matter how many times it is pointed out that their coach route is absurd, they keep on keeping on. Get on at Dartford or Bexleyheath and go to Southend via Bromley, Well Hall and Charlton.

If there are no trains so numbers booking are likely to be up, make the coach bigger. Don't ever, not for a minute, consider that deciding to run just two coaches at the outset, one starting at Bromley, the other at Maidstone, would cut out the nonsense altogether and significantly increase the attractiveness of the coach at the first four pick-ups. It's as if the decisions are made by a robot.

Larkfield: 8.30am

Gravesend: 8.55am

Dartford: 9.10am

Bexleyheath: 9.25am

Bromley: 9.55am

Eltham: 10.15am

Charlton: 10.30am

Absolute twats.
  • Options
    Thats a wind up surely, get on a coach at Larkfield and two hours later arrive at Charlton - it's not a home match! Surely you'd do Bexleyheath and then Dartford last? As I'm sure they'll be going over the Dartford Bridge.........
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Thats a wind up surely, get on a coach at Larkfield and two hours later arrive at Charlton - it's not a home match! Surely you'd do Bexleyheath and then Dartford last? As I'm sure they'll be going over the Dartford Bridge.........

Whoa......you'd be thinking they do joined up writing next.

If the last pick-up is at Charlton then you can bet it will be through the Blackwell Tunnel, up the M11 to the M25, back round the M25 to the A127 & then onto Southend.
  • Options

I have to respect the fact that no matter how many times it is pointed out that their coach route is absurd, they keep on keeping on. Get on at Dartford or Bexleyheath and go to Southend via Bromley, Well Hall and Charlton.

If there are no trains so numbers booking are likely to be up, make the coach bigger. Don't ever, not for a minute, consider that deciding to run just two coaches at the outset, one starting at Bromley, the other at Maidstone, would cut out the nonsense altogether and significantly increase the attractiveness of the coach at the first four pick-ups. It's as if the decisions are made by a robot.

Anyone want to jump in my car. I'm planning on picking up Golfie Jnr around 11am & should be at the Tunnel about 11.15 so should give you another 2 hours in bed, or enough time to watch all the days play in the 4th Ashes Test match & still have time for breakfast.
  • Options

Just to add to my earlier rant, I live in Welling but rather than get on the coach at Bexleyheath I'll drive to Charlton and get on there to avoid the hour on the coach it takes to do the 6 miles from Bexleyheath to Charlton. At least getting on the coach at Charlton there's no more pick ups and the coach goes direct from there.

Even if I lived in Bexleyheath and didn't drive I'd rather get on a 486 bus with a 30 mins journey max to Charlton than actually get on the coach at Bexleyheath.

• Options

Absolute twats.
    Sod being on that coach from Larkfield. That'll be 3 1/2 hours to Southend!
  • Options
    Surely there is enough demand to do

1 coach from Charlton

1 coach from Welling/Bexleyheath

1 coach from Dartford/Gravesend area

1 coach from Medway area

We are only talking about 200 people out of potentially 1200-1500 on the day with no trains and a few hangovers..
  • Options

Surely there is enough demand to do

1 coach from Charlton

1 coach from Welling/Bexleyheath

1 coach from Dartford/Gravesend area

1 coach from Medway area

We are only talking about 200 people out of potentially 1200-1500 on the day with no trains and a few hangovers..

That takes too much thought and effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

If the last pick-up is at Charlton then you can bet it will be through the Blackwell Tunnel, up the M11 to the M25, back round the M25 to the A127 & then onto Southend.
    surely be easier going on A13 joining the A127 cutting out the M11 and M25.
  • Options
    Just a note the away fans pub the blue boar is shut now.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Rob7Lee said:

whoosh........

• Options
    Cutting it fine for 12pm kick off
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

whoosh........

just re-read your post, i will take that woosh lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Got 4 this morning.

Picked up 5 tickets last night, your post actually made me work out my dismal record of following Charlton away...

P38 W7 D13 L18 F28 A60 GD-32

So stats say we'll lose 1.5-0.7... (or 2-1)
  • Options

Got 4 this morning.

Picked up 5 tickets last night, your post actually made me work out my dismal record of following Charlton away...

P38 W7 D13 L18 F28 A60 GD-32

So stats say we'll lose 1.5-0.7... (or 2-1)
    my record this season for away games is P4, W1, L3 - only win was against Exeter in the League Cup.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This season P3 W1(Fleetwood) L2 (Plymouth, Wimbledon)

It'll be 3 losses by the end of the year as my next away match is Wigan...
  • Options
    P3 W1 (Rotherham) D1 (Oxford) L1 (Wimbledon)