Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend away on Boxing Day (pay on day available)

Comments

• Options
    oldbloke said:

I am pretty sure the Blue Boar is open again.

I will have a drive by tonight and have a look. cheers.
  • Options
    Boxing Day football is part of my family's tradition. One game I still remember vividly is Arsenal at Sellout in '88 - their title-winning year. Got into the ground just before kick-off and the Holmesdale was packed with Gooners and they had the seats all the way along the Arf Awake too. They went 2-0 up, Steve MacKenzie scored a screamer but they scored again so another late screamer from him was irrelevant.

Was the same season as the memorable 2-2 at Highbury with Morts screamer in front of the North Bank to earn us a point - Theo Foley sorted me tickets so was literally sat behind him and GG in the main stand paddock
  • Options
    Southend fan I know says it's open after a refurb and is proper decent.
  • Options
    after reading Shrimperama's comments I predicting a home win
  • Options

oldbloke said:

That's some drive.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

oldbloke said:

That's some drive.
    That's what I like about Rosie, always prepared to put himself out for others.
  • Options
    Boxing day football is a must.
    Even though we are more often crap than good on boxing Day.
    When we had a home boxing day fixture with a proper kick off time, there was a little yet glorious epoch when you could do Catford dogs in the morning and the football in the afternoon.
    Proper stuff that, from the days when pubs had free little cubes of cheese on cocktail sticks.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Ketman said:

Southend fan I know says it's open after a refurb and is proper decent.

Hmmm. There's only one good thing about the Blue Boar and that is that Happy Hour (an ironic name, surely) lasts for two hours.

• Options
    sarfend called it right on or at least one angry midget little fuck has
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We got another humbling away today. Could have been another 5 conceded. The goal we scored was a wicked deflection.

I never want my team to lose but I'd take a heavy defeat, if only to get clueless Brown out of the club.

4 defeats in a row for us if you include the Micky mouse cup.

Can only see a charlton win tbh.

No offence, Shrimpy....

.....but you should have gone to Specsavers.

:smile:
  • Options

We got another humbling away today. Could have been another 5 conceded. The goal we scored was a wicked deflection.

I never want my team to lose but I'd take a heavy defeat, if only to get clueless Brown out of the club.

No offence, Shrimpy....

Charlton win you must be pissed mate no fucking chance.
  • Options

Gonna be a cracking game for the neutral.
  • Options
    cazo said:

No offence, Shrimpy....

Charlton win you must be pissed mate no fucking chance.
    Err, that was my point, mate...
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Just an update from the Southend end of things.

You will be given 2k. All clubs get an initial 1k which is upped to 2k when sold.

We have now started selling the over spill into the northwest corner. This means there will be no opportunity to offer anymore. Not that we would tbh. Should be around 10k in attendance.

1,200 sold and sellling on the day according to the cafc Twitter

• Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a3f9f0605eec/join-1200-addicks-at-southend-united-on-boxing-day

Charlton supporters wanting to attend the Boxing Day clash at Southend United who have yet to purchase their tickets will be able to do so on the day of the game.

More than 1,200 Addicks have already secured their places for the match in Essex, which will kick-off at 1pm.

And seats will be available to buy in the away end at Roots Hall. All tickets purchased on the day will be subject to a £3 increase, meaning that they will be priced at:

Adults: £25

Over 60s: £18

Students: £17

U23s: £17

U17s: £13

U9s: £7
  • Options
    We called up saturday was too late to buy them and collect so have to get to Southend for 10 need to get 6 tickets hopefully not going to be a problem there are no restrictions?
  • Options

We called up saturday was too late to buy them and collect so have to get to Southend for 10 need to get 6 tickets hopefully not going to be a problem there are no restrictions?

No restrictions - I hope not, as I need to get another 2 myself.
  • Options
    Don't think there will be any restrictions as away end holds over 2000 . Can't see there being more than about 1500-1600 for this .
  • Options
    Think there's going to be a decent walk up for this tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Youll be paying an extra £3 per ticket on the day though, so an extra £18 for 6 tickets. Modern football eh?
  • Options
    Anyone know if I will be able to get this on a live stream somehow ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
  • Options
    Last season the walk up was over 500.

Hopefully something similar today.
  • Options

Last season the walk up was over 500.

Hopefully something similar today.

Would be nice - However think the lack of trains will mean it’s more likely 200ish
  • Options

Anyone know if I will be able to get this on a live stream somehow ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have sent you a private message with my iFollow routine - hope this helps.
  • Options
    Safe journey and hope its a good one.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Youll be paying an extra £3 per ticket on the day though, so an extra £18 for 6 tickets. Modern football eh?
    Will have to im afraid not the most jolly thing but they are the prices and if we want to watch it...
  • Options
    Will update how many left when i get there.
  • Options

Will update how many left when i get there.

Make sure you find out the exact number and list each seat number please.
  • Options
    Tickets aren't usually on sale until they are retuned by the away team on the day. I imagine they won't be available to buy for another hour or so.