Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew or Palace?

13»

Comments

• Pardew relying on Sturridge to keep them up was always going to be a big risk too, although i don't think his latest injury is too bad.

Sturridge is 28 now and has started just 116 League matches in 12 seasons as a professional. If Darren Anderton was known as "sicknote" for 425 League starts, what does that make Sturridge? Probably the footballer with the best £ per minute played in history!
  • Pardew relying on Sturridge to keep them up was always going to be a big risk too, although i don't think his latest injury is too bad.

Sturridge is 28 now and has started just 116 League matches in 12 seasons as a professional. If Darren Anderton was known as "sicknote" for 425 League starts, what does that make Sturridge? Probably the footballer with the best £ per minute played in history!
    that is appauling makes wilsheres 160 appearances in 8 years a pro normal
  • The other aspect of last night is how many times has a footballer pulled a muscle after 3 minutes? Surely if he's warmed up properly this shouldn't happen - is he just unlucky or a little soft?
  • Last game of the season. Palace at home to WBA.

Albion already long relegated. Palace need a point to stay up.

0-0 as the game goes into injury time. Then an Albion player dives,wins a penalty which is successfully put away. Pardew does his cup final dance on the touchline.

1-0 to Albion and both teams relegated.

Could life get any better?

Only if we get promotion

0-0 as the game goes into injury time. Then an Albion player dives,wins a penalty which is successfully put away. Pardew does his cup final dance on the touchline.

Only if we get promotion
    Do you know that just on this one occasion I would actually settle for us not going up if the scenario in my earlier email actually happened!

We can always blitz the league next season under our new multi millionaire owners!

• After 13 games Tony Pullis was sacked because WBA only had 12 points. The same number of games later they have another 8 points and are rock bottom some 7 points from safety.

That move worked didn't it!

I totally agree and you could use your guidelines as a benchmark for clubs up an down the country who sack managers and replace them only to find things get worse.

Rowett and Birmingham are one.

Its all about desperate chairman trying to avoid relegation or at the other end of the scale trying to reach the promise land.

You only have to look at the fact these so called bad/poor mangers get employed at another football club within weeks/months and the circus starts all over again.
  • After 13 games Tony Pullis was sacked because WBA only had 12 points. The same number of games later they have another 8 points and are rock bottom some 7 points from safety.

I totally agree and you could use your guidelines as a benchmark for clubs up an down the country who sack managers and replace them only to find things get worse.

Its all about desperate chairman trying to avoid relegation or at the other end of the scale trying to reach the promise land.

You only have to look at the fact these so called bad/poor mangers get employed at another football club within weeks/months and the circus starts all over again.
    If you were a chairman/owner of a club on a long winless run and sinking fast, with fans booing every game and players morale really low, what would you do?

Hope and pray that things suddenly turn around, or roll the dice and get a new guy in to try and improve things?

For every Rowett at Birmingham or Pardew at West brom, there's a Puel at Leicester or Carvahal at Swansea.

If you were a chairman/owner of a club on a long winless run and sinking fast, with fans booing every game and players morale really low, what would you do?

Hope and pray that things suddenly turn around, or roll the dice and get a new guy in to try and improve things?

For every Rowett at Birmingham or Pardew at West brom, there's a Puel at Leicester or Carvahal at Swansea.
    I was not saying it was wrong it is just a circus. As you say its a "roll of the dice" to try and improve things, sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't.

However on the other side of the coin look at Plymouth this season. Their manager has been backed and the chairman stood by him. They have gone from being booed by the fans and relegation candidates to breathing down our necks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saints west brom Huddersfield
  • Every other new PL manager this season I think has delivered an improvement, even if only short term. Hodgson, Puel, Big Sam and Moyes have clearly improved their teams, while the likes of Lambert and Garcia have at least shown a short term boost to performance, whereas under Pardew WBA have got worse, Not drastically worse, but still they've gone in the wrong direction

In Rowett's case I certainly don't think that the crowd were, generally speaking, wanting him out - Birmingham had lost just 5 of their first 23 matches when they sacked him. It was the whim of an owner to bring in the big name in Zola and they then won 2 of their next 24 matches!

Pullis was different in the sense that the crowd were bored and fed up with the football - regularly WBA were struggling to get a shot on target. Pardew had lost the dressing room at HIS club previously so the chances of that happening at one where he has no affinity has to be a consideration.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Palace bottom. West Ham above them on goal difference. That's all anyone on here should want.

Not me. Palace are a small, unfashionable club not unlike ourselves, and I hope they stay up. I'm indifferent to what clubs are relegated, apart from ourselves.
    I'll await a tide of flags to add to the others received for not 'hating' Palace because of a contrived bitterness of an event that occured over a quarter of a century ago.

Never expected it to really... Always felt that if Pulis couldn't get them out of trouble, no one else available could
    Jose Riga?

Only if we get promotion
    Do you know that just on this one occasion I would actually settle for us not going up if the scenario in my earlier email actually happened!

We can always blitz the league next season under our new multi millionaire owners!

Really ?!
  • Redskin said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Palace bottom. West Ham above them on goal difference. That's all anyone on here should want.

Not me. Palace are a small, unfashionable club not unlike ourselves, and I hope they stay up. I'm indifferent to what clubs are relegated, apart from ourselves.
    I'll await a tide of flags to add to the others received for not 'hating' Palace because of a contrived bitterness of an event that occured over a quarter of a century ago.

No flag from me just a lol Redskin
  • Redskin said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Right well I'm going to bite. I'm in the middle of something at the moment but definitely coming back to this thread to address this one later.
  • Would have preferred Palace to be playing teams around them without Zaha rather than Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea who they are likely to lose to anyway but either way they look like getting sucked into it and the dream final day relegation party is still on
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have preferred Palace to be playing teams around them without Zaha rather than Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea who they are likely to lose to anyway but either way they look like getting sucked into it and the dream final day relegation party is still on

Yes, it's annoying that they've got no game this weekend as well
  • wmcf123 said:

Last game of the season. Palace at home to WBA.

Only if we get promotion

Really ?!
    Yes. Every year the stripey cnuts stay in the Premier League is another £100m that goes into their bank account meaning the longer it will be until we can close the gap on them. Plus I'm fed up watching and listening to the stripey cnuts acting as if they are some sort of billy big-bollox. Plus I just really detest them.

Plus blitzing this pub league that we are currently in next year and beating the 101 points CP's team gathered could be a lot of fun!

• http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/13/west-brom-sack-chariman-chief-exec-alan-pardew-safe-now/
    Pardew’s job is safe despite the head coach picking up only one league win since his appointment, though his methods and management are understood to be causing some friction within the squad.

Albion flew out to Barcelona for a mid-winter training camp on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the 3-0 defeat at Chelsea which leaves them seven points adrift of safety. It is claimed that many players are unhappy with the trip.
    Pardew probably wanted to top up his sun tan
  • edited February 2018

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/13/west-brom-sack-chariman-chief-exec-alan-pardew-safe-now/

Pardew’s job is safe despite the head coach picking up only one league win since his appointment, though his methods and management are understood to be causing some friction within the squad.

Albion flew out to Barcelona for a mid-winter training camp on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the 3-0 defeat at Chelsea which leaves them seven points adrift of safety. It is claimed that many players are unhappy with the trip.
    Bless the poor little souls getting a little trip out to Barcelona and picking up their 50-100k a week whilst doing a couple of hours of training each day.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

No flag from me as I save them for things of real importance like the 'i'm a celebrity thread' but just to say I am very happy to be full to the brim of contrived bitterness from an event that occurred over a quarter of a century ago.

I have even more respect for those older fans who predicted the impending contrived bitterness in the 60's & 70's.

Palace are a small, unfashionable club but nothing at all like us.

I wish relegation and humiliation on the Glaziers at every turn and look forward to the day when we are South London's No1 ahead of Millwall and able to follow my Grandad's advice of 'Love Charlton, laugh at Millwall and loathe Palace'

And my Grandad's was love Charlton, loathe Millwall and laugh at Palace.

25 years? It was 33 years ago this year we were forced to lodge at Selhurst Park. My paternal family (surprisingly, including Johnny Fryer) had a strong dislike of Palace for at least 30 years before that.
  • What do Palace and WBA have in common under Pardew? Both sides played with four centre backs (McAuley, Dawson, Hegazi and Evans today) and yet still conceded loads of goals at set pieces!