Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anfernee Dijksteel

Comments

• Academy players usually (not Charlton keepers for some reason) usually get given more time than purchases at most clubs.

Boro fans expect the finished article which AD isn't yet.
  • edited August 2019
    For me another who has made the wrong move, only time will tell, but imo would have benefitted from another season under Bowyer and co.
    But didnt we sell him? Boro made a few offers and we accepted them. Bow has been clear that he was not bothered and he could use the money, which he probably did.

He could have said no but as more experienced players before him have said, once a club decides to sell you, you go ... it's just a meat market.
  • Boro are desperate to get to the premier league,he wont be afforded the patience there that he would have got from us.
  • Conceded the pen for Blackburn’s winner today. Boro fans not impressed by him.
    Was subbed off after an hour as well.
  • Boro are desperate to get to the premier league,he wont be afforded the patience there that he would have got from us.
    Agree.
    Middlesbrough expect top 6.
    The realistic Charlton fan hopes to be top of the bottom 6.
    Anfernee had won over the doubters at Charlton after the last 12 games of last season.

Financially better off but has to start all over again with great expectations.
    Tough gig for a young player in the industrial wastelands.
    Agree.
    Middlesbrough expect top 6.
    The realistic Charlton fan hopes to be top of the bottom 6.
    Anfernee had won over the doubters at Charlton after the last 12 games of last season.

Financially better off but has to start all over again with great expectations.
    Tough gig for a young player in the industrial wastelands.
    Wonder if we can get him back in on loan in January?
  • I hope things works out for Anfernee as he has plenty of potential. If the Boro fans target him it could easily knock his confidence.
  • It was never a penalty yesterday. Nor was ours either. 
    Probably disagree with you for just about the first time mate.
    Oh well at least Gallagher agrees with me :-)

“When I took the touch and saw [Diaby] coming I thought he’s running quite fast. He’s going to try and tackle me. I thought I’ll just get my toe to it, I’ll wait for the touch that did, I’ll fall over and hope for the penalty. That’s what happened.”

“When I took the touch and saw [Diaby] coming I thought he’s running quite fast. He’s going to try and tackle me. I thought I’ll just get my toe to it, I’ll wait for the touch that did, I’ll fall over and hope for the penalty. That’s what happened.”
    He does not say it wasn't a penalty.

Sounds more like he sure if Diaby did impact him he'd exaggerate the movement...

Thought it was a definite penalty. Not a completely reckless challenge, just mistimed and nowhere near the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

Might just be but i don't think they'll even make the play offs.

Gibson seems to have cut back on his spending, their bench at the weekend had quite a few youngsters and Woodgate has already been moaning that the squad size is small. Although that might be a deflection tactic after a bad start.
  • edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    It was never a penalty yesterday. Nor was ours either. 

He does not say it wasn't a penalty.

Sounds more like he sure if Diaby did impact him he'd exaggerate the movement...
    Exactly.
    Exaggerate the movement, fall over on purpose, take a tumble, dive.
    Just different words for "winning" a penalty, to fool the referee.
    I'm not complaining by the way, in fact I'm pleased we're becoming more savvy. 

Thought it was a definite penalty. Not a completely reckless challenge, just mistimed and nowhere near the ball. 
    Yep, and karma for his foul on Lyle which the ref should have seen and given at least a yellow for. I've seen reds given on the rare occasions that refs actually spot the sly tread on the ankle after the ball's gone. 
  • I seem to remember one of the Cat's goals where Lyle was fouled but the ref didn't go back and show a card.
  • Dropped for their game tonight
  • Dropped for their game tonight
    That lasted long. Never mind, he can count all that wonga whilst keeping the bench warm. I hope he enjoys the North East weather in winter.....
  • Not even on the bench today. Is he injured?
    Hopefully being loaned back!
    Hopefully being loaned back!
    Dont need him with Solly | Oshilaja | Lapslie all able to play there ;)
  • Dropped, didn't even make the squad. Apparently it was Robbie Keane that watched and wanted to sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Dropped, didn't even make the squad. Apparently it was Robbie Keane that watched and wanted to sign him.
    A bit weird that, a striker recommending a defender to Woodgate (a top defender)!
  • Don't tell me Robbie Keane supported Boro as a kid alongside Spurs, Liverpool etc?
  • edited August 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Dropped, didn't even make the squad. Apparently it was Robbie Keane that watched and wanted to sign him.
    That's sounds very left field ? ( No he's a RB Sam !)

We all know Bowyer and Woodgate got into scapes together as young pros and have stayed as buddies ever since. In normal circumstances Lee wouldn't have wanted to lose Dijksteel, but once it was clear that no new Contract was going to be signed then Football politics kicked in. Have had enough chats with various ex Charlton players who didn't want to leave Charlton as long as they could get a deal which was Commensurate with their status as a first team player. Or because of Injuries in Wiggins case.
    I don't doubt Robbie Keane if close to Woodgate did some part time scouting but the relationship between Woody and Lee got the deal done with the help of Steve Gallen obviously.
    I imagine Duchatelet gave the green light to Steve and Lee to use the 1.9 million on wages etc to bring in the half dozen loanees.  Topping up the modest figure that Bowyer and Gallen had to work with in the 1st place.

Do you agree with my gut feeling and slight insight after knowing the back story to various transfers @Red Henry ?
  • Redhenry said:
    That's sounds very left field ? ( No he's a RB Sam !)

I don't doubt Robbie Keane if close to Woodgate did some part time scouting but the relationship between Woody and Lee got the deal done with the help of Steve Gallen obviously.

Keane is assistant manager at Boro.

My guess would be that goo signings are Woodgate, "bad" signings are someone else's fault.
    Ok didn't realize that Robbie Keane was assistant manager but the rest of my post is still valid.
  • Starting today against Bristol City

Only just turned over so not sure how he's done so far 0-0 so far though which is a benefit for us
  • Not as confident looking or playing off the front foot as he did for us but been ok. Nothing more
  • I am watching Southampton v Man Utd where Mike "Man Utd" Dean is refeering. 
  • Rinsed for the cross that led to the Brizzle City equaliser.