Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anfernee Dijksteel

Comments

• Simonsen said:
    Dijksteel is an Andy Hughes with better strength and technique but less experience, nous and drive.

I especially like how he defends on his feet and doesn't lunge in. He uses strength to recover situations and ease opponents off the ball. 

Work on his heading, concentration and forward thought are needed but a combination of experience and coaches work will see to that.

My view is that he will continue to "train on" and develop into one of Charlton's modern day unsung heroes (think Steve Brown). 
    Let’s not get carried away and start believing he can be a legend. 

Anyway, a dozen decent games and he will be off. 
    Well done for calling that.
    Its quite good to read back through an old thread and see some of the comments at the time 
    Not one I wanted to get right!

By the way, the original comment was to do with Roland snapping up a decent offer rather than Dijksteel being greedy. 

Maybe we could of got a little more but not much. Not a bad price if it gets used well. Lets see
  • Simonsen said:
    Dijksteel is an Andy Hughes with better strength and technique but less experience, nous and drive.

I especially like how he defends on his feet and doesn't lunge in. He uses strength to recover situations and ease opponents off the ball. 

Work on his heading, concentration and forward thought are needed but a combination of experience and coaches work will see to that.

My view is that he will continue to "train on" and develop into one of Charlton's modern day unsung heroes (think Steve Brown). 

Its quite good to read back through an old thread and see some of the comments at the time 

By the way, the original comment was to do with Roland snapping up a decent offer rather than Dijksteel being greedy. 

Maybe we could of got a little more but not much. Not a bad price if it gets used well. Lets see
    Not holding my breath. Although maybe not a coincidence we get Cullen straight after Bowyer says it was his decision to let him go and use some of the money elsewhere. 
  • I think Boro have a reduced budget and an inexperienced manager so may under perform this year against their fans expectations.  He needs to do well or could find their fans hard work.
  • Simonsen said:

Not holding my breath. Although maybe not a coincidence we get Cullen straight after Bowyer says it was his decision to let him go and use some of the money elsewhere. 
    Cullen deal was done on tuesday evening as i posted on the rumours thread. I was aware we had been enquiring about a couple of right backs end of July but didnt clock it was AD going. Think Bowyer is probably being straight up saying that and he knew it was happening a few weeks ago
  • Conceded the pen for Blackburn’s winner today. Boro fans not impressed by him.
  • Another one who may have left too soon...

time will tell 
  • Redrobo said:
    Dyksteele was not the finished article by a long way, and right back was never his position. We knew that, and so should have Borough.

Lets hope they don’t demoralise him completely.

Players who are work in progress need to think very seriously about leaving a club that is developing them. Not all clubs/managers are good at it, or indeed interested in it.
    Absolutely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gave away a soft penalty against Blackburn today for shirt tugging.
  • Redrobo said:
    Dyksteele was not the finished article by a long way, and right back was never his position. We knew that, and so should have Borough.
    What is his natural position?
  • Redrobo said:
    Holding midfielder I would always have said 
  • Redrobo said:
    Defensive midfielder but never played there in the first team as far as I can remember (not that that is anything to go by!)
  • Should have stayed, another one that could have really kicked on with us but probably left too soon. I rated Oshilaja today but we missed Anfernee, he just oozed class for us at right back and was just so much more reliable for keeping up with his man.
  • Middlesbrough bought Dijksteel to be a RB because that's where they saw him play well for the last dozen or so games.

Dijksteel has only ever played 10 minutes in the position he played in the u23;  Which was holding midfielder.

Anfernee is still learning and may take time to settle up north and with his new team mates. 
  • I always got the impression Dijksteel was quite humble and shy. Might take him a while to settle down at Boro and the fans getting on his back quickly won’t help
  • For me another who has made the wrong move, only time will tell, but imo would have benefitted from another season under Bowyer and co.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    He had a choice as he could have rejected Boro's offer. In theory it wasn't a bad move - more money, same division. Staying at Charlton would have given him the chance to be part of something special, but maybe it wouldn't have been so special had we not got the money his sale generated.
  • It was never a penalty yesterday. Nor was ours either. 
  • Are boro fans saying they aren’t impressed on forums?
  • Ours was definitely a penalty - it was a clear foul. I think the Barnsley player thought he was going to block a shot but the ball was passed and he went into Gallagher. Blackburn's was a penalty by the letter of the law too because of shirt tugging. It wasn't a terrible case of it, but you are not allowed to do it full stop.
  • Hopefully their fans get on his back, affect his confidence, force him out the team and we get him back on a free in the summer.
  • It was never a penalty yesterday. Nor was ours either. 
    Probably disagree with you for just about the first time mate.
  • Swisdom said:
    Another one who may have left too soon...

time will tell 
    He was quality for us, bar 2-3 games at the start of last year when he was recovering from pneumonia.  Strikes me as a family person, who might take a bit of time to settle but he will do well there, i’m Sure
  • edited August 2019
    Hopefully their fans get on his back, affect his confidence, force him out the team and we get him back on a free in the summer.
    Nice plan, except I doubt we could afford his wages now.