Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 Posh 2 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Delighted we rescued a point, even more delighted it was KAG who got the goal. Now we find out I guess if those of us who have defended him will be proven right and he will kick on to score more from here.

Hilarious end to the game given the pant wetting on the match thread at 2-0. Whatever limitations there may be to the team and its management, I'm glad it doesn't give up as quickly as some of our fans.

When was the last time we scored twice in injury time? Not sure I remember us ever doing it.

While I'm with you generally, I do think some of that is due to the abysmal performances from the team over the last two or three years - it's been a while since we've had a bit of fight in our team. Going back four or five I think the majority would've stayed with them until the end.
  • Options
    Wondering.... how close was that Dasilva cross at 96min?
  • Options
    Thought all their front line looked off side for their first goal, but none of the defence appealed so must've been on. Defence looked dodgy all match and worse when Bauer got crocked. Holmes needed to play a few quicker balls tonight, rather than taking loads of touches, which just allowed their defence to get set. Nice point, but missed the injured players badly. Posh will be kicking themselves.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

This 'team' doesnt play as a team, it just tries to operate as 10 individuals and see how far up the pitch it can get. We are now getting sussed out by 'real' teams who play as a unit, maybe they have less skill, but they play together. It operates so distant from each other that there is no real cohesion, Magennis and Best , well, if you had asked me if they had played at the end of the game, then i would have had to check - this is a regular occurrence with Magennis.
    Another season of mediocrity beckons, and another season of dog shit performances.

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    please clarify your point.
    How long ya got ;)

I think your comment is unfair. Yes we were poor tonight, but we were decent on Saturday and got nothing. I don't agree that we don't play as a team, though we're not as disciplined as I would like. One bad night doesn't make us shit. Before Saturday we were 8 games unbeaten and up to 4th.

We're also missing Reeves, Pearce, Solly, Clarke, and Fosu, and Bauer came off injured. Plus Page and Lennon who are reserves at best. Any team in this league would struggle with those many absences.
    Nah, i dont get that. For starters, some people would say that we are maybe a stronger team without Reeves,Solly on recent performances , (including yourself) and Pearce might struggle to get back in the team . Yes, losing someone like Fosu and , maybe, Clark might affect us. Bauer going off maybe upset us tonight , but it had little difference considering PBoro had little attacking ambition.
    Yes, we didnt deserve to lose on Saturday, but on the other hand , we hardly threatened, did we?
    I dont think that anyone can deny that we were dreadful tonight in second half - absolute shit, one of the worst performances ive seen for this season.
  • Options

Very close. Though I feel it was more of a scuffed shot ha ha.
  • Options

Very close, it just needed someone to slide in. Q Magennis, ah sorry , he wasnt there..
  • Options
    Deserved absolutely nothing but will take it overall. Too many sideways passes and so over reliant on Holmes to pull something out the bag
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

This 'team' doesnt play as a team, it just tries to operate as 10 individuals and see how far up the pitch it can get. We are now getting sussed out by 'real' teams who play as a unit, maybe they have less skill, but they play together. It operates so distant from each other that there is no real cohesion, Magennis and Best , well, if you had asked me if they had played at the end of the game, then i would have had to check - this is a regular occurrence with Magennis.
    Another season of mediocrity beckons, and another season of dog shit performances.

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    How long ya got ;)

I think your comment is unfair. Yes we were poor tonight, but we were decent on Saturday and got nothing. I don't agree that we don't play as a team, though we're not as disciplined as I would like. One bad night doesn't make us shit. Before Saturday we were 8 games unbeaten and up to 4th.

We're also missing Reeves, Pearce, Solly, Clarke, and Fosu, and Bauer came off injured. Plus Page and Lennon who are reserves at best. Any team in this league would struggle with those many absences.
    Nah, i dont get that. For starters, some people would say that we are maybe a stronger team without Reeves,Solly on recent performances , (including yourself) and Pearce might struggle to get back in the team . Yes, losing someone like Fosu and , maybe, Clark might affect us. Bauer going off maybe upset us tonight , but it had little difference considering PBoro had little attacking ambition.
    Yes, we didnt deserve to lose on Saturday, but on the other hand , we hardly threatened, did we?
    I dont think that anyone can deny that we were dreadful tonight in second half - absolute shit, one of the worst performances ive seen for this season.
    True I argued we were better without Solly and on tonight's evidence that looks wrong. And I also agree that Pearce would struggle to get into the team. But that doesn't mean they're not missed, and the other three are crucial players.

On Saturday Magennis hit the inside of the post and and Marshall misses a 1-v-1 in the first half. We were not very good going forward, but we did threaten early doors (also, see above).

I absolutely agree we were awful in the second half. I just don't agree that we're a team that plays like individuals. There is a lot of work to be done, no doubt.
  • Options

Worst performance of the season, far too many had an off night.

Got out of jail with the draw....I left on 88 mins and heard the goals come through on the radio

Onwards and upwards

Erm....I’d say onwards and sideways.
  • Options
    Any news on the injury front? When is Fosu and Clarke due back?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    How long ya got ;)

True I argued we were better without Solly and on tonight's evidence that looks wrong. And I also agree that Pearce would struggle to get into the team. But that doesn't mean they're not missed, and the other three are crucial players.

On Saturday Magennis hit the inside of the post and and Marshall misses a 1-v-1 in the first half. We were not very good going forward, but we did threaten early doors (also, see above).

I absolutely agree we were awful in the second half. I just don't agree that we're a team that plays like individuals. There is a lot of work to be done, no doubt.
    He hit the inside of the post when he had 75 per cent of the goal to aim at - he should have scored - thats his job !
    Marshall is already one of those players where the jury is out - i have my doubts, he did eff all tonight.
    To me, we play like a team that could be coached by Karel Fraeye - spread out, and pass the ball to each other - of that we are reasonable, but sometimes you have to get the ball to one of your own players in the box ffs - how many saves did their goalie have to make in the game ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    Cant explain?
  • Options
    Awful second half - midfield very poor for most of the game and 442 didn't work. We kept going and somehow managed two goals in injury time despite creating next to nothing prior to that.

Our crosses and corners need to be worked on as most lacked pace and too many were just lobbed into the box.

Fantastic end to the game - most exciting finish for some time.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @President I disagree mate that Josh had 75% of the goal to aim at Saturday from the angle he was at and the keeper spreading himself, who incidentally made a save, I'd say it was less than 50% because I was there. He would have been gutted he never buried it though.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Tonight, according to BBC, we had 5 shots on target. (presumably the pen counts as 1)
  • Options
    Didn’t deserve it would be fuming if I was a pboro fan, but when your near the top things like that go your way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

@President I disagree mate that Josh had 75% of the goal to aim at Saturday from the angle he was at and the keeper spreading himself, who incidentally made a save, I'd say it was less than 50% because I was there.

Maybe its just my general apathy towards Magennis - tonight was probably about the 7/8th time ive seen him play, and i am coming to the conclusion that he just simply isnt a very good player . Never seems to have much impact in a game, doesnt score very many goals, and has no link up skills and seems to go missing for long periods (whether thats a result of our lineup, maybe).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Powell won with a recognised formation, people coached to do the simple things well and a bit of extra class in the budget. We have a complicated system with diminuitive players that are easily bullied.

It's 2017, not 1987. Most if not all of the players will have played in a possession-based (in theory) 4-2-3-1 before. For many of them it was probably the preferred system growing up.
    SDA, CP's side was this division 5 years ago and at least 2 of the current squad played. How many of the sides we face set-up 4-2-3-1? Few of the ones we struggle against.
  • Options

Tonight, according to BBC, we had 5 shots on target. (presumably the pen counts as 1)

On the basis that it was a shot on target, yes it counts
  • Options
    Agree that Sarr had a very solid game, again. Almost becoming POTY material. I like him.
  • Options

Love that pic...

Dijksteel, Aribo, KAG and Konsa. #madeincharlton (first two arguably)
    Aribo needs to pull his socks up.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    How long ya got ;)

He hit the inside of the post when he had 75 per cent of the goal to aim at - he should have scored - thats his job !
    Marshall is already one of those players where the jury is out - i have my doubts, he did eff all tonight.
    To me, we play like a team that could be coached by Karel Fraeye - spread out, and pass the ball to each other - of that we are reasonable, but sometimes you have to get the ball to one of your own players in the box ffs - how many saves did their goalie have to make in the game ?
    Oh that's harsh, he had a tight angle and the keeper made a save!

Again, agreed we weren't good tonight, but it's been in the last couple games (sans Reeves, Fosu, Clarke, etc) that we've really lost a cutting edge and a way to break teams down. Tonight was especially bad as our tactic seemed to be to just put crosses in despite it being 1-v-3 or 2-v-4 in the box. It was incredibly frustrating, and Best never looked like winning any of them. As Prague said, what do we expect?

Obviously, we're not perfect, and I think that once we get players back fit we should expect to kick it up another couple of gears--even a gear above October. We've been hit with a cluster of injuries all in the same positions this season, which is unfortunate but happens. I have serious doubts about Robinson, Bowyer, and Jackson being able to take us up to that 4th or 5th gear (I can't drive stick I don't know why I've continued with this metaphor). To over-simplify (because there are a lot of mitigating factors), that could be the difference between play-offs and automatic promotion. Or maybe even a decent League One manager and one who gets considered for Championship jobs. But I think that's hard to judge with the injuries we currently have, and the trouble we've had much of the season.

How long do we need to keep debating until you turn up at my parents', because, seriously, they'd love to hear from...well anyone really ;). (I have great respect for you fella please take that as a loving joke).