Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017

Pompey mate at work has reminded me that they gave up some of their allocation in 1992...Is this true...He was at that game. .

Because of the interest from Charlton fans and the restricted capacity there was talk of Pompey offering to give up all their allocation and not have any fans there but in the end they were given 150 tickets - correct me if I’m wrong those that were closer to the real facts.
  • Options

If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that Pompey are the team that we have played more than any other in first team fixtures.
    Can any of you stato freaks out there confirm?

Remember seeing a list of clubs we have played the most (this was a few years ago), from memory I think Porthsmouth were 2nd behind Boro.
    Dear old Colin Cameron......we miss you pal.
  • Options
    400 sold already they will be all gone shortly
  • Options

Pompey mate at work has reminded me that they gave up some of their allocation in 1992...Is this true...He was at that game. .

Because of the interest from Charlton fans and the restricted capacity there was talk of Pompey offering to give up all their allocation and not have any fans there but in the end they were given 150 tickets - correct me if I’m wrong those that were closer to the real facts.
    Word it how you like but they didn't take their full allocation and gave some back.
  • Options
    smurfd said:

smurfd said:

replies like the one from "pompey fans" means if they get a slap i wont particularly give a shit

I’m sure they’ll sit quietly..
    tbh the safer option would be the west, was there on tuesday night and probably was sharing the block with 2 others.
    From what I have been hearing they have been getting tickets all over the stadium.

Good .Fuck em
    Might be a good sentiment but it does not help us in any way, why on earth did we not sort the new allocation out before they started getting there own tickets all over the place, we certainly do not need anything bad coming from this all our efforts should be directed to getting out of this league.
    Would NEVER had happened on Mandy's watch !
  • Options

400 sold already they will be all gone shortly

Nearly ready for their next batch, proper away support!
  • Options
    Pompey had 495 tickets in 1992.
  • Options

Not panicking, but the address aspect is a complete red herring as you print online tickets at home yourself, so they are not being posted out in that sense.

The niche thing that Covered End has tried to focus on has happened, but more often than not the complaint is that once on restricted sale people were never able to buy online but had to be over phone or in person, with additional charges levied.

I'm told the club has identified a number of "new" purchasers and will liaise with Pompey but quite possible that those tickets will be blocked.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

One or two Pompey fans that probably live in London and can’t get tickets in the away end buy tickets in the home end and brag about it anonymously on a Pompey forum and everybody starts panicking there will be thousands of them in with the charlton fans and it’s all going to kick off...ffs

Exactly.

I was in the home end at Scunthorpe last week. Had to keep an eye on @SoundAsa£ though as he is always ready fro some pavement dancing.
    Used to be a tango but most of us oldies can only manage a waltz these days :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that Pompey are the team that we have played more than any other in first team fixtures.
    Can any of you stato freaks out there confirm?

That was what I remembered from, say 20 years ago.... we haven’t played them that often comparatively since them though.
  • Options
    I've logged into the ticketing page on the official site but as far as I can see Portsmouth tickets are not available to buy online at the moment. Is that right?
  • Options

This will end in tears

I was gonna to this on the way to the Charatans at Brixton but no chance now sad
    What a shame

That's what I'm planning too, just go to the charlatans if you don't fancy footy.
  • Options

One or two Pompey fans that probably live in London and can’t get tickets in the away end buy tickets in the home end and brag about it anonymously on a Pompey forum and everybody starts panicking there will be thousands of them in with the charlton fans and it’s all going to kick off...ffs

This. 100%. Cant believe people are getting so worked up about it. Be a couple of Pompey kids who will be no bother.
  • Options
    I remember going in the home end at villa park in 1999 and after sitting on my hands most of the game went mental when Danny Mills scored and the villa fans were all shaking my hand cos they wanted Southampton to go down. Nothing game for them luckily.
  • Options

drewman said:

This. 100%. Cant believe people are getting so worked up about it. Be a couple of Pompey kids who will be no bother.
    You'll find the only people who get worked up are those that take kids. Having half a dozen pissed oppo fans near you is not much fun.
    If there were to be half a dozen pissed opposition fans in the home ends the stewards would move them on ASAP.
  • Options

drewman said:

You'll find the only people who get worked up are those that take kids. Having half a dozen pissed oppo fans near you is not much fun.
    If there were to be half a dozen pissed opposition fans in the home ends the stewards would move them on ASAP.
    and in the mean time?
    Remember how long it took to get 2 pissed Gills fans out of the middle of a school party in the east stand? or the 3 Wednesday in the Covered end?
  • Options
    All these years of hiding behind the sofa from Millwall fans when it sounds like Pompey we should have feared all along!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

drewman said:

Really? Restricted sale has been imposed now, which just goes to show it should have been as soon as they sold the initial allocation.

There’s no logic in doing it now but not while away tickets were sold out last week and the extra allocation wasn’t on offer. But that’s the quality of the SMT. I suspect they have been forced into line by events.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Remember the cup game when they had 8-10,000.

Yes
    That was the 4th Round Jan 1976....1-1 draw, thought we would then get knocked out but we went down there and won 3-0. Then it was a trip up to Wolves and that John Richards hatrick.
    And I was at the replay, being already in Portsmouth at Poly. Sweet, sweet revenge on my mate whom I mentioned above. The place went mad about that game. 32,000, hardly any Charlton. And afterwards the local Evening News turned on the team big time; "Pathetic, Pompey" was the headline.

Portsmouth is an island, and they really have that mentality. For good and bad reasons, they are special fans, not just like any old club. I am sure Mick Everett with his knowledge and years of experience knows this perfectly well. He's not what I refer to as SMT, he is only being paid to work part-time I believe.

My estimate was about 300 Charlton.

A little less than the 10k they brought to The Valley. It was awesome seeing the South terrace rammo. Literally no more room, wouldn't be allowed these days. Understandable as it is dangerous but it did add to the atmosphere for sure.
  • Options

drewman said:

With that sort of comment I fully expect you to be the next CEO.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Remember the cup game when they had 8-10,000.

Yes
    That was the 4th Round Jan 1976....1-1 draw, thought we would then get knocked out but we went down there and won 3-0. Then it was a trip up to Wolves and that John Richards hatrick.
    And I was at the replay, being already in Portsmouth at Poly. Sweet, sweet revenge on my mate whom I mentioned above. The place went mad about that game. 32,000, hardly any Charlton. And afterwards the local Evening News turned on the team big time; "Pathetic, Pompey" was the headline.

Portsmouth is an island, and they really have that mentality. For good and bad reasons, they are special fans, not just like any old club. I am sure Mick Everett with his knowledge and years of experience knows this perfectly well. He's not what I refer to as SMT, he is only being paid to work part-time I believe.

My estimate was about 300 Charlton.

A little less than the 10k they brought to The Valley. It was awesome seeing the South terrace rammo. Literally no more room, wouldn't be allowed these days. Understandable as it is dangerous but it did add to the atmosphere for sure.
    Funny thing was, I was able to wander round there at half time from the Covered End, and found my Pompey mates for a chat.

• Options
    Tickets selling well according to the nice new lady in the club shop/ticket office.
  • Options

Tickets selling well according to the nice new lady in the club shop/ticket office.

Then the nice lady in the shop appears to be telling porkies.

Log in and take a look at the stands. The East is no more crowded than normal - well apart from the bit we have given to Portsmouth.

If it's a freezing cold day - as forecast for Saturday - I'll be surprised if the attendance tops 14/15,000. Sad fact is, apart from hard core Charlton fans, the 25th anniversary is not a great draw in current circumstances.

Yet it could have been so different if the idiots running the club hadn't tried to fleece the fans - for example, £31 for sitting in the centre of the East Stand is a joke. If they had made this the football for a fiver game, we would undoubtedly have sold out and the atmosphere would have been special.

But as it happens, I expect a less than half full ground on Saturday - hardly a fitting celebration for the 25th anniversary of our return.
  • Options

Log in and take a look at the stands. The East is no more crowded than normal - well apart from the bit we have given to Portsmouth.

If it's a freezing cold day - as forecast for Saturday - I'll be surprised if the attendance tops 14/15,000. Sad fact is, apart from hard core Charlton fans, the 25th anniversary is not a great draw in current circumstances.

Yet it could have been so different if the idiots running the club hadn't tried to fleece the fans - for example, £31 for sitting in the centre of the East Stand is a joke. If they had made this the football for a fiver game, we would undoubtedly have sold out and the atmosphere would have been special.

But as it happens, I expect a less than half full ground on Saturday - hardly a fitting celebration for the 25th anniversary of our return.
    But as the hierarchy have stated they don't care about our history I am surprised they are marking the occasion at all.
  • Options
    drewman said:

But as the hierarchy have stated they don't care about our history I am surprised they are marking the occasion at all.
    But then they would not have been able to fleece their enemy.