Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

Comments

• edited November 2017

Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

If it kicks off, Tone, you’re in the frame...

And if we'd put it on restricted sale to red card holders only, there would be a load of people moaning on here, as they always do.
    No there wouldn't. It's been standard procedure for years. Away stand sells out in high profile game, sales from that point restricted to those already on database. Which is what? 100k+

Instead, they are so desperate to drive up crowd numbers and take a few extra quid they are perfectly happy to jeopardise safety and run the risk of potential incidents all over the ground.

Absolutely pathetic. Your boys are grown up and you sit North Upper with like minded. I'm in the East with wife and 7yr old kids. I don't like the thought of having pissed up Pompey fans around me for some strange reason.

Carry on defending though
    I'm not defending them. I said if we'd put them on restricted sale there would be people on here moaning and there would be, because every time they go on restricted sale, people on here moan about it.

I'm not saying people on here are right to moan about it. I'm saying they do moan about it.

The club should have made them restricted as soon as Pompey had sold out.
  • So, can someone please clarify. Have they just got the Jimmy Seed or part of the East or West as well?
  • 700 in The East as well.
  • Cheers.

A very interesting afternoon it will be.
  • edited November 2017

So, can someone please clarify. Have they just got the Jimmy Seed or part of the East or West as well?

They've the away end, two blocks in the East, and according to various sources have been buying up bits and pieces all over the place. (though no idea how true that is).
  • edited November 2017

So, can someone please clarify. Have they just got the Jimmy Seed or part of the East or West as well?

They've the away end, two blocks in the East, and according to various sources have been buying up bits and pieces all over the place. (though no idea how true that is)
    Well i'd leave the kids at home then, a friendly joint celebration is very unlikely.
  • I can feel a repeat of the '76 riots with Chelsea coming on......................
  • Sponsored links:

• What gates will they use to enter & exit the East. What facilities will they be allowed to use ? Extra tickets for Bournemouth in home areas is one thing, for pompey the mind boggles. As for not putting restrictions on the sale in home areas ? meire & co ? you don't have a fucking clue. Absolutely useless !!!!
  • Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

And if we'd put it on restricted sale to red card holders only, there would be a load of people moaning on here, as they always do.
    No there wouldn't. It's been standard procedure for years. Away stand sells out in high profile game, sales from that point restricted to those already on database. Which is what? 100k+

Instead, they are so desperate to drive up crowd numbers and take a few extra quid they are perfectly happy to jeopardise safety and run the risk of potential incidents all over the ground.

Absolutely pathetic. Your boys are grown up and you sit North Upper with like minded. I'm in the East with wife and 7yr old kids. I don't like the thought of having pissed up Pompey fans around me for some strange reason.

I'm not defending them. I said if we'd put them on restricted sale there would be people on here moaning and there would be, because every time they go on restricted sale, people on here moan about it.

I'm not saying people on here are right to moan about it. I'm saying they do moan about it.

Reading your reply to @Airman Brown it looks like a defence to me. Do you agree with Airman's post or not? I do, 100%. And yes, I will be there, and I don't want to sit amongst the siblings of the illiterate pond life that I saw far too much of when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic, thank you all the same.
  • Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

Reading your reply to @Airman Brown it looks like a defence to me. Do you agree with Airman's post or not? I do, 100%. And yes, I will be there, and I don't want to sit amongst the siblings of the illiterate pond life that I saw far too much of when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic, thank you all the same.
    Best not say that when "big" Brian Cole's in earshot.....
  • What gates will they use to enter & exit the East. What facilities will they be allowed to use ? Extra tickets for Bournemouth in home areas is one thing, for pompey the mind boggles. As for not putting restrictions on the sale in home areas ? meire & co ? you don't have a fucking clue. Absolutely useless !!!!

And what about the Sam Bartram entrance where many disabled supporters park their cars inside the ground? If Pompey are in the East Stand, will they not have access to this?
  • edited November 2017

Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

Best not say that when "big" Brian Cole's in earshot.....
    Is he from Portsmouth then? Well I've got some stories for him. Like this one. I made two big mates at Poly who were local. We played Pompey at home on Boxing Day, I think 1975. They were bottom, but we did our usual Boxing Day thing, and Pompey won 3-1. It was a morning kick off. Later in the afternoon, at my folks place, the door rang and there was one of said Pompey mates, with his girlfriend. He hadn't gone to the game but when he saw the result, jumped in his Mum's car and drove all the way to Eltham, just so he could sit there and "jeer" me, in their neanderthal Pompey-speak.
    And he was literate. He sadly passed away last year. The other one's in Sydney.
    Brian Cole surely has to admit, it is a very peculiar town.
  • edited November 2017
    JohnnyH2 said:

The game of fans celebration, how have the club responded:-

. Set up an organising committee with not one single Valley Party candidate ororganiser on the committee.

. One off kit - charge £75

. Anniversary game - increase prices, not forgetting that this is on top of prices that are already the highest in the division.

. Sell out the away end, normal pracritcse in this instance is too restrict sale of tickets in home areas. Does not happen.

. Give away team more tickets, no more restriction on tickets in home areas. Comes team put out a statement backing this decision and club secretary is quoted in piece. The same club secreatry who was last involved in ticket allocations in 1998.

. Organise a meal a day after the game (anniversary committee and community trust) price £95, similar event held 4 years previous was £45

And with good reason. But to be fair he’s probably been quoted because the others are too cowardly to put their names to it.
  • Ben18 said:

How many tickets did the club post out to addresses in the Portsmouth area, before they twigged that something wasn't quite right?

Just bought my tickets in usual place, East block G. Was thinking, hmm, decent number of seats already gone, this far ahead. Then I read your post....

Well...@Airman Brown sits near me....

• Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

How many tickets did the club post out to addresses in the Portsmouth area, before they twigged that something wasn't quite right?

Print at home makes that beside the point.
  • My Pompey mate is coming to the game. Chances of getting him in Crossbars are?
    (He doesn’t ring a bell btw)
  • edited November 2017
    Whilst I don't dispute this is a moronic decision (not restricting home sales that is), I can't help but feel the threat of carnage is perhaps being overplayed.

Remember several games against Leeds in league 1 when the east (JS end) was packed with Leeds, some quiet, some a bit Gobby. A few times it boiled over but 90% of the ground was oblivious.

Expect similar next Saturday.
  • My Pompey mate is coming to the game. Chances of getting him in Crossbars are?
    (He doesn’t ring a bell btw)

He will be allowed in
  • edited November 2017

Yes I agree with Airman's post, perhaps I should have better worded my response.
    As I said earlier, the point I was making was that every time we restrict sales to red card holders, because the away end has sold out, there are people on here moaning about it.

I'm confident everyone must remember those sort of posts, "I've supported Charlton 50 years but they are refusing to sell me a ticket for me and my retired friend".

I remember them, because it's quite often me pointing out that they are always restricted when the away end sells out and has been the case for 5/10 odd years.

This was what I said v Millwall last season.

"Any away club that sells out their allocation, will always mean home tickets will be on restricted sale.

So yes, home tickets will be on sale to Charlton red card holders/ a record of past ticket purchases by phone or in person and not online. Same as it's always been for 5 years plus, probably 10 and maybe a lot longer."

Whether that’s true or not, Charlton management are responsible for keeping order in their own stadium. People moaning on websites aren’t.

Not saying that the odd Pompey fan is necessarily a problem but if it goes off the Charlton management will be to blame. It’s reckless.
    Does Mick E not have a say in this type of scenario anymore? I simply can't see him allowing this sales strategy to go ahead in previous years.

Yes I agree with Airman's post, perhaps I should have better worded my response.
    As I said earlier, the point I was making was that every time we restrict sales to red card holders, because the away end has sold out, there are people on here moaning about it.

I'm confident everyone must remember those posts, I've supported Charlton 50 years but they are refusing to sell me a ticket for me and my retired friend.

I remember them, because it's quite often me pointing out that they are always restricted when the away end sells out and has been the case for 5/10 odd years.

"Any away club that sells out their allocation, will always mean home tickets will be on restricted sale.

So yes, home tickets will be on sale to Charlton red card holders/ a record of past ticket purchases by phone or in person and not online. Same as it's always been for 5 years plus, probably 10 and maybe a lot longer."
    OK, then I see where you are coming from, but how come you can't buy restricted tickets? You refuse to have a Red Card, or whatever it is called, that I have?

• edited November 2017

I'm confident everyone must remember those posts, I've supported Charlton 50 years but they are refusing to sell me a ticket for me and my retired friend.

OK, then I see where you are coming from, but how come you can't buy restricted tickets? You refuse to have a Red Card, or whatever it is called, that I have?

I've no idea why people who have supported Charlton for donkey's years, come on here complaining that they have been refused tickets and apparently don't have a red card. But I'm absolutely certain it happens nearly every time.