Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

Comments

• Pompey are getting some really impressive gates at the moment, better than many Championship clubs

Is it Block A which is empty at the moment? Surely people are already sitting in Block B, so shifting them at this late stage would be awkward, it's not like a cup game where everyone has to buy tickets afresh.

Both blocks are closed. You’d still need a sterile area.
    Thanks, I assume the "Y" section is Block B

It is.
  • Proper away support
  • Any other day I wouldn’t mind it, but i’d rather they put tickets on restricted sale and left them with what they have. Regardless of our failiure to fill the ground, a game which is meant to be about us returning to the valley we can’t have half the crowd made up of away fans.

Their 3000 fans will outsing us so what difference does another 1500 being allowed in.
  • Any other day I wouldn’t mind it, but i’d rather they put tickets on restricted sale and left them with what they have. Regardless of our failiure to fill the ground, a game which is meant to be about us returning to the valley we can’t have half the crowd made up of away fans.

Their 3000 fans will outsing us so what difference does another 1500 being allowed in.
    W hats it matter to you you won't be there.

Having a noisy away end can often encourage Home fans and players to respond positively; and

When fans are split into two separate sections it tends to fuck up any coordination in chanting/singing with timing out and even different chants/songs being started and can result in fans giving up in whatever they started singing
  • Don’t see the issue giving them 1400 in the West Upper. We won’t sell more than 12,000.

No we wont,
    The issue arises when Season ticket holders(some of which have probably had the same seat for years)are told to move and compensated with a voucher for 7 chips
    7 chips is apt as it will be about 7 season ticket holders who are displaced.
  • all well and good until out of the said 3/4000 fancy a pop. as every club does have those fans, i think the away end is big enough and if its sold out then that's it.
  • Sponsored links:

• all well and good until out of the said 3/4000 fancy a pop. as every club does have those fans, i think the away end is big enough and if its sold out then that's it.

Exactly, as nice as Pompey fans are generally, I dont think they will be super bothered about it being our back to the valley game.
  • CAFCTrev said:

all well and good until out of the said 3/4000 fancy a pop. as every club does have those fans, i think the away end is big enough and if its sold out then that's it.

Exactly, as nice as Pompey fans are generally, I dont think they will be super bothered about it being our back to the valley game.
    HaHa maybe you're a more recent supporter, there's been trouble whenever we play pompey going back to my first away trip out of London in 1966. Possibly in recent years they've calmed down but somehow i doubt it. While all clubs have the "more boisterous fans ;-)" pompey have always been well up for it.
    Were'nt Charlton fans the home end at that game?
  • Looking at their forum, seems a few have already bought tickets in home end
  • usually as soon as a game sells out away allocation it goes off general sale, i know this is how we used to operate for leeds, but then theres a lot of things we used to do before ratman came.
  • edited November 2017

CAFCTrev said:

all well and good until out of the said 3/4000 fancy a pop. as every club does have those fans, i think the away end is big enough and if its sold out then that's it.

HaHa maybe you're a more recent supporter, there's been trouble whenever we play pompey going back to my first away trip out of London in 1966. Possibly in recent years they've calmed down but somehow i doubt it. While all clubs have the "more boisterous fans ;-)" pompey have always been well up for it.
    Is the 657 crew still active?

(edit: Just checked and all blocks available online - no restrictions. Could prove to be a memorable day...)
  • redbuttle said:

CAFCTrev said:

Were'nt Charlton fans the home end at that game?
    Yes we were, I was only a nipper of course, i don't remember too much trouble to be honest, more minor scuffles than anything as pompey tried & failed to get us out although I think by the time I got there Charlton were already right in the middle of the Fratton End ( I think it was called?) so don't know what had gone on earlier & we won 2-1 can't remember the goalscorers

Thinking back i'm amazed my parents let me go on my own (Lewis coach)

Pretty sure it was the day Scotland beat England 3 - 2 at Wembley to become new World Champions or so they said. haha
  • redbuttle said:

CAFCTrev said:

Were'nt Charlton fans the home end at that game?</blockquote

Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• had issues with leeds before aswell was about 10 of them in north upper a few season back, had to get the stewards to get them out although i think most of north upper would of gladly done it.
  • Back in the early 90’s it kicked off in the lower north where a number of Pompey had got in, got a bit nasty and I still see a chap some games with a crooked nose who took a punch!
  • CatAddick said:

CAFCTrev said:

(edit: Just checked and all blocks available online - no restrictions. Could prove to be a memorable day...)
    Absolutely no idea but if it is they'll probably be able to use their pensioners free pass nowadays
  • Rob7Lee said:

Back in the early 90’s it kicked off in the lower north where a number of Pompey had got in, got a bit nasty and I still see a chap some games with a crooked nose who took a punch!

Lower North ? Yes a bunch walked around the Covered End hitting random people, one of theirs took a random punch that knocked him into the row of seats in front.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Back in the early 90’s it kicked off in the lower north where a number of Pompey had got in, got a bit nasty and I still see a chap some games with a crooked nose who took a punch!

Lower North ? Yes a bunch walked around the Covered End hitting random people, one of theirs took a random punch that knocked him into the row of seats in front.
    Yes lower, was all we had at the time! Before the heavies from block F came along they landed a few punches in block C/D
  • CAFCTrev said:

CatAddick said:

Named after their Wimbledon ticket allocation?
    At the risk of being wooshed; no, but (ironically if it had been a CAFC firm) after a train departure time...
  • Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Yes lower, was all we had at the time! Before the heavies from block F came along they landed a few punches in block C/D
    I'm well aware that was all we had at the time so there was no upper or lower but more it was & is the Covered End
  • Was quite a major row with them outside the Royal Oak one year, they came up across the railway crossing, and I remember some really large firework/ explosive device being thrown at the pub, and leaving a massive burn mark on the car bonnet that it landed on. Anyone else remember this ?
  • Was quite a major row with them outside the Royal Oak one year, they came up across the railway crossing, and I remember some really large firework/ explosive device being thrown at the pub, and leaving a massive burn mark on the car bonnet that it landed on. Anyone else remember this ?

Don't remember that but remember them smashing a couple of windows at the Ship in Norwood, big mistake as it was full of Charlton herberts who stormed out after them.