Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Co Operative Bank

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

not FSCS registered I see...... but the Swedish equivalent

Yes - and equally good protection.

They are a very successful bank with a very strong balance sheet so very low risk anyway.
    Just going through their latest reports. I can be cautious at times with money :wink:

Their shares might be worth a punt as well.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I've got savings with them and they are fine (although wouldn't keep too much with them as they are far from stable) but not a current account.

Handelsbanken for most of my banking - now that's service.

Never heard of them, their website is pretty awful, what's the deal?
    Pretty much all decisions are made at branch level without having to seek permission from the big corporate bods, all interest rates are negotiable (which is why you don't see too much on their website), brilliant mobile banking app, and I have a personal Individual Account Manager who I can contact pretty much 24/7 - she looks after about 60 accounts! If I need to see her she comes to my office! A significant number of their customers are ex-Coutts!

It's old-fashioned banking how it used to be.
    Reading this confirms I'm not cut out for a customer service/relations job. Someone contacts me 24/7 I'll be at their office alright... Asking which of my hands they want to feel the rough side of first.
    I would never call her outside normal office hours and I doubt any of her clients would. Handelsbanken do have very good telephone banking 24/7/365 - based in Sweden but they all speak perfect English!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

not FSCS registered I see...... but the Swedish equivalent

Yes - and equally good protection.

They are a very successful bank with a very strong balance sheet so very low risk anyway.
    Just going through their latest reports. I can be cautious at times with money :wink:

Their shares might be worth a punt as well.

Yes they are! Decent dividend as well.
  • Options
    Yup, was the divi I was looking at, that’s the bitcoin sales proceeds sorted :smiley:
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I've got savings with them and they are fine (although wouldn't keep too much with them as they are far from stable) but not a current account.

Pretty much all decisions are made at branch level without having to seek permission from the big corporate bods, all interest rates are negotiable (which is why you don't see too much on their website), brilliant mobile banking app, and I have a personal Individual Account Manager who I can contact pretty much 24/7 - she looks after about 60 accounts! If I need to see her she comes to my office! A significant number of their customers are ex-Coutts!

Reading this confirms I'm not cut out for a customer service/relations job. Someone contacts me 24/7 I'll be at their office alright... Asking which of my hands they want to feel the rough side of first.
    I would never call her outside normal office hours and I doubt any of her clients would. Handelsbanken do have very good telephone banking 24/7/365 - based in Sweden but they all speak perfect English!
    If I had a Swedish female Account Manager, i'd be ringing her after hours !
  • Options
    Left the Co Op when these issues arose, moved to First Direct, very happy there, until a better offer comes along
  • Options

bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

If I had a Swedish female Account Manager, i'd be ringing her after hours !
    So would I - but she's not Swedish :(
  • Options

They are good and I have got the no frills peasant account with no overdraft. As someone who is a complete fuck wit with my own money it keeps me in check very nicely.

Got the frilly superior people's account, only difference is you get stuff you don't need. Not the slickest online technology, but my wife will only use telephone banking and has served us well for years. Account got hacked last month using my mobile login details and money nicked but the Co-op replaced it within a few days. Funny thing is I don't have a mobile banking app for the Co-op and have never ever logged in.

Also have experience with NatWest business account - there are no bigger fuckwits on this planet. Opened a Metro business account today, so be interesting to compare.
  • Options
    Another big fan of First Direct. Excellent customer service and online banking. Account I use for my wages and bills etc, but I've never had a real problem like theft that needed dealing with.

I've looked at Co-Op as I would like an account with them to support them, but their products are rubbish. No interest on current accounts, No decent savings rate and not even a monthly saver. As someone that doesn't need a new personal account but has a few different accounts for their benefits, the Co-Op has no incentives.
  • Options
    Text alert: the ‘bank’ message that cost a student £5,400 of her loan money

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/09/text-bank-student-loan-money

Obviously people need to way of fraudsters but the customer service being described here is wanting, even if it isn't strictly speaking their fault.

Anyway be wary of this fraud folks. If you receive any, message from your bank, do not respond, call the number on your card and not the one in the text message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'The ethical bank.'

I do not give telephone numbers to businesses unless I am placed under duress to and have no alternative supplier as a matter of principle.

I know from personal experience how staff at 'the ethical bank' can harass and press for a telephone number.

'The ethical bank' bears some responsibility in my opinion if it employed similar hard sell strategies to extort a telephone number from the victim of this fraud.
  • Options
    Not sure which bank I use, my butler deals with that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    I have Barclays and HSBC accounts, although it is not always clear whether I’m banking with them or they’re banking with me.