Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves

13»

Comments

• Options
    How many career goals does Marshall have (momentarily lazy will ‘search him up’)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    1 in 10 for Bradford, 1 in 25 for us but not completely comparable. 
  • Options
    Maybe not the best choice to start but when he comes on as a sub, he always seems to make an impact. Pops up with a goal here and now which is lovely. Every team needs an impact sub
  • Options
    I was sucked in by his YouTube video which had him banging them in from outside the box for fun playing for MK Dons , proper schoolboy error by me but I’d hoped he’d have been better than has been shown so far .
    saying that I like his positive attitude going forward trying to make things happen and I’m more a yea than nay , I think he’s capable of playing a level up .

As an aside my new Charlton life hate is for something along the lines for a player who’s bang average “we’re in League One what do you expect “ .....well I expect to get out of frigging League One so I want a bit more from our players ! 

In the words of Marlon Brando “ never surrender to the momentum of mediocrity”
  • Options
    He's a Lightweight. (Reeves that is, not Mortimer)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    He's a Lightweight. (Reeves that is, not Mortimer)
    On the drinking front I am a lightweight , on the weight front not so !
  • Options
    Not awake whoooshed or whatever it is with the clever use of Reeves & Mortimer! 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Scoham said:
    Yes, our best midfield is full of missers. You bring in some scorers and the midfield is weaker but our chances of scoring increase. Maybe we are best starting with the best players, then bringing in the scorers as and when required through substitutions.
    To me it looks like Bowyer is probably encouraging them to get in the box more often. With Grant gone we need to find a way of replacing his goals. Aribo and Reeves have both scored recently. Cullen had a couple of shots the other day and he’s not really that type of midfielder.

With both strikers scoring we got away with Aribo being our only goal threat from midfield.

For midfielders it’s often not about whether they’re a misser or not, it’s about getting in the box.

If you rarely get in the box you won’t get many chances so you need to take them when they come along. If a midfielder regularly gets in the box chances will come and they don’t always have to be a great finisher to take them.
    It is true, but missers tend not to make those killer runs and when they are in the box, make the wrong choices. Good players can be missers. Reeves is definitely not a misser, sadly Williams and Cullen are despite being two of our best players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yes, our best midfield is full of missers. You bring in some scorers and the midfield is weaker but our chances of scoring increase. Maybe we are best starting with the best players, then bringing in the scorers as and when required through substitutions.
    To me it looks like Bowyer is probably encouraging them to get in the box more often. With Grant gone we need to find a way of replacing his goals. Aribo and Reeves have both scored recently. Cullen had a couple of shots the other day and he’s not really that type of midfielder.

With both strikers scoring we got away with Aribo being our only goal threat from midfield.

For midfielders it’s often not about whether they’re a misser or not, it’s about getting in the box.

If you rarely get in the box you won’t get many chances so you need to take them when they come along. If a midfielder regularly gets in the box chances will come and they don’t always have to be a great finisher to take them.
    It is true, but missers tend not to make those killer runs and when they are in the box, make the wrong choices. Good players can be missers. Reeves is definitely not a misser, sadly Williams and Cullen are despite being two of our best players.
    Lapslie doesn't seem an instinctive finisher either