Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Must be honest, looked clumsy. Facing the wrong way, no need to dangle a leg in
  • Deffo a pen from my view in the west. Clumsy defending.
  • I’d say so.
  • That's a pen.
  • No need for Kashi to go near him. Their player had his back to goal and a defender behind him.
  • edited November 2017
    Defo contact there but he's thrown himself to the ground. What I would question is why Kashi has stuck a foot in with the fella facing away from our goal. Kashi has been outstanding at times this season but that challenge looks unnecessary and was a bit rash that late in the game. Split second decision making though and hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • Response on Twitter is pretty much fully no penalty, so interesting it's almost polar opposite on here. There looks like there may have been contact but he goes to ground very easily. What irks most is that the ref says no and gives it on the lino's call who is in a much worse position than him. Silly by Kashi though.
  • What a twat! Penalty.
  • Response on Twitter is pretty much fully no penalty, so interesting it's almost polar opposite on here. There looks like there may have been contact but he goes to ground very easily. What irks most is that the ref says no and gives it on the lino's call who is in a much worse position than him. Silly by Kashi though.

Football fans for you. When it happens it's the worst decision , football travesty of all time, watch it on video and then people aren't so sure!
  • Hate to admit but def penalty could not come at a worse time the MK player wanted a Charlton player to clip him so he could make a meal of it and sway the refs decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Hate to admit but def penalty could not come at a worse time the MK player wanted a Charlton player to clip him so he could make a meal of it and sway the refs decision.

They were doing it all game though

Hold on to the ball, wait for a touch, get the foul
  • Six of one and half a dozen of the other. Technically it's a foul. Then their lads makes a meal of it. It's one of those we would have been angry not to get at the other end. It's one of those very grey area ones that different refs or different linos or different VARS (if they ever come in) will all have different opinions over. Some will say pen, others a dive and others wave play on. It is one of those that will never be as clear as mud. But yeah the defender is always skating thin ice in them situations.
  • Looked like contact and the player made the most of it to make sure the officials saw it
  • There was contact but I thought football was a contact sport! He looked for it, lost possession and threw himself down

Contact but no foul
  • Just seen a clip, no way a pen.
  • 60-40 a pen
  • Just as an aside if Solly or Sarr had made that Kashi challenge they would be getting pelters on here from some quarters.
  • Why give the ref a decision to make there? Really amateurish stuff from Kashi
  • Bit of upper body contact too.
    Attacker did make a meal of it though
  • Was on for a £14k, 12 team accumulator before that. Not sure I’ll ever forgive the fella. What a tit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes it was
  • Definate pen. If it was down the other end we'd be screaming blue murder if it wasn't given.
  • I’m quite pissed but it looked like a blatant dive. I find it distasteful that the player who seeks a penalty is rewarded but the guy who tries to stay on his feet loses out. I’m not sure what the solution is but the MKD seemed to make the most of it and got “rewarded”. Let’s hope we can dive and win a few points if that’s the rules.
  • Wasnt a dive. There was contact. Yes he made a meal of it but was still a penalty.
  • Penalty. Made a meal of it as they did all game. What a horrible side to watch.
  • I didn’t think it was a penalty at the time, but it doesn’t really matter, it was given and he scored.

I loved it when the MK guy sliced it in own net, that was a beauty, the look of horror on the keepers face was brilliant.
  • Who cares at this point. Move on and get a win in the next game. (If I hadn’t waited an hour or so after the game to come on here that post would’ve been much different.)
  • But football is a contact sport? Contact doesn’t equal an automatic penalty
  • But football is a contact sport? Contact doesn’t equal an automatic penalty

It does in the right context. Go for a tackle in the box and miss the ball (so clearly), any contact is going to be a penalty if the referee see's it as clear contact. This is a penalty for me. Made a meal of it but needless tackle, pressure him but don't stick in the lazy leg.
  • Looks nailed on to me applying today’s rules