Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Office Xmas party ideas

I've been tasked with the duty of coming up with some 'fun and games' for the office Xmas party this year. We'll be in a pub, and the games will be intermittently spread throughout the afternoon, preferably.

Has anyone ever done anything they would recommend?

Stuff like, 'name the team-member from their baby picture' or a quiz on how well you know the team... I dunno... I am stumped for ideas on this one. At my old office we used to just get drunk.

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler2l where are you?
  • Options
    get drunk, pee on toilet floor, puke in flower bed, miss last train, sleep on park bench. First home next morning wins.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, get the stationery cupboard cleared out, and give the photocopier glass a polish.
  • Options
    Spoof - first person out chooses the drink, second person out the mixer, penultimate person out buys the drink and last person drinks it.

Baileys and tonic anyone ?
  • Options
    Russian routlette with a bag of revels for the person with the peanut allegy is not consider appropriate anymore by snowflake 'elf and safety nazis anymore so cross that off your list.

Others not worth trying:

Guess who got a bigger bonus that anyone else this Christmas

Sweepstake on who Gary in sales will try to get off with first.

You could try

The heads and tails game. £1 each or more if you like (or boss puts up a prize)

Everyone has to put two hands on their head or two on their backside and you toss two coins If it's a head all the tails people sit down.

people choose heads or tails again and repeat to one person left who gets the prize.
  • Options
    Beer Pong
  • Options
    "Get girls there, not these girls, nicer girls".
    Big Keith.
  • Options
    Split into teams and get them to name the logos used to make up this seasonal greeting

• Options
    @Henry Irving 21 i got just as a quick glance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have a list of words, items etc. you can't say, everytime someone says one of those words they have to down their drink or if it's empty/they don't have one, swap an item of clothing with the nearest person. You can make the game as easy or hard as you like, banning things like the word 'like', people's names, words associated with your field of work and names of drinks really up the difficulty, and catching people out is fun
  • Options

Split into teams and get them to name the logos used to make up this seasonal greeting

Thanks Henry, that's decent. Do you know if the answers are available anywhere!?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Thanks Henry, that's decent. Do you know if the answers are available anywhere!?
    Nah - that's the fun of it. You just let them do it and leave it there.
  • Options
    Barchery.

Like darts but bigger. I'm sure that drunk people with bows and arrows would work out fine.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

As it it called 'Hayes Xmas Card Game' I reckon he might be able to give you them.
  • Options
    I won't take credit but a quick online hunt..

Guess Who's Job..
    Got a work story you’re dying to share? This office party game’s for you. It’s also a fun way for people to learn about your job.

Each person writes out two job-related facts on to slips of paper.

Shuffle the papers, with everyone taking two. Players take it in turn to read theirs, leaving everyone to guess their owners. The funnier the stories, the better.

• Options
    what if you all work on the same team....
  • Options
    We always used to spend the afternoon in bangers and then go to Spearmint Rhino in the evening.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Somewhere. My father in law did it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My lot are going to hipster shoreditch to play indoor golf.
    Good luck.
    A few of my close lot are going to the afternoon/evening meeting at Kempton on 20 December and don't plan on returning.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to TheOrganiser!?
  • Options
    Abdicate.
  • Options
    what about the one from The Fast Show where they had to put a vegetable (in order) after every word. So " what drink can I get you" becomes "what potato drink apple can carrot I cauliflower get pea you "............but only really works when the boss comes in telling one of the group that his wife's just died.

• Options

what about the one from The Fast Show where they had to put a vegetable (in order) after every word. So " what drink can I get you" becomes "what potato drink apple can carrot I cauliflower get pea you "............but only really works when the boss comes in telling one of the group that his wife's just died.

I think that was my favourite Fast Show sketch
  • Options
    Start talking about your history of self harming early in the evening, be seen sitting on your own near the toilets then suddenly leave.

Return 15 minutes later in a Santa Claus hat with mascara on your cheeks and tell everyone you are fine.

Might as well get it over with early doors.
  • Options
    A great yet simple game is Left Right Centre, its a 3 dice game, google it, guaranteed to get people obliterated if you have a forfeit fu thor throwing 3 blobs, everyone puts a £1 coin in and last person standing takes the cash.
  • Options
    We used to have an awards ceremony at ours, where we'd email the organisers with suggestions for awards categories and nominations a couple of weeks before the dinner itself based on the stuff that had happened over the course of the year, and they'd get a silly little prizes based on what the award was for. So the guy who got "Best work related accident" (and was still in a sling by the time of the dinner) got given a kids' toy first aid kit, for example.
  • Options
    Go for the ugly ones early before the late rush?
  • Options
    Where are you based @JiMMy 85 we had a great night out a few weeks ago at the flight club just down from old street.