Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tournament for the non qualifiers

People have been joking about this but it looks like it will actually happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42001722

Probably will be after the world cup has finished, surely this is gonna harm prem teams as players will be on the holidays or going back to training by the time it starts.

Comments

• Options
    That's the real quiz!
  • Options
    Finally, a cup competition the Scotch can play in!
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just old age or increasing cynicism. As a kid, I'd have lapped this up. Now, all I can do is wonder at whether the pernicious grip the money men have on our sport will ever be loosened.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Finally, a cup competition the Scotch can play in!

No guarantee they would even qualify for this.
  • Options
    Failures Altogether Cup or FA Cup for short.
  • Options
    Ridiculous. Can see Alexis Sanchez being given the choice of a losers tournament in the states or a 3 week holiday in Dubai with his missus and kids. Clubs won't want their players playing in some two-bob tournament and surely FIFA won't sanction it to give the national associations power of their parent clubs.
  • Options

The Checkatrade World Cup.

I wonder if they’ll adopt the Checkatrade penalty system for the group games. Oh I can’t wait for England to fail to reach a major tournament just so they can play in such an exciting new idea, thank you FIFA, the gift that keeps on giving, and finding new ways of trying to line their own pockets.
  • Options

Ridiculous. Can see Alexis Sanchez being given the choice of a losers tournament in the states or a 3 week holiday in Dubai with his missus and kids. Clubs won't want their players playing in some two-bob tournament and surely FIFA won't sanction it to give the national associations power of their parent clubs.

Fifa already given their approval as long as it sticks to their official rules and guidelines
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder if they’ll adopt the Checkatrade penalty system for the group games. Oh I can’t wait for England to fail to reach a major tournament just so they can play in such an exciting new idea, thank you FIFA, the gift that keeps on giving, and finding new ways of trying to line their own pockets.
    Nothing to do with fifa, all being set up by USA
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Nothing to do with fifa, all being set up by USA
    Does this mean we can expect the suggestion of the games being played in quarters to get more advertising. My apologies to FIFA. Blimey a lot of money has been lost by the states and one or two tv companies are not looking too clever. I love football, but would I want to watch a tournament after the World Cup?
  • Options

Fifa already given their approval as long as it sticks to their official rules and guidelines
    They can approve it but the clubs must surely hold the power. It's like them instructing national sides they only want their players playing 45 mins in a friendly. It's a ludicrous idea.
  • Options
    Could this mean teams deliberately not qualifying for the Qatar world cup.
    Honestly hope I don't have to explain the reasoning.