Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuck on you - Documentary on Football Stickers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the documentary, really interesting. Loved the Merlin ones as a kid so glad it was the good guys who founded it.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Does anyone remember The Sun Soccer Stamps book?

I’ve got these ones (not sure if it’s a full set)

If people don't mind me posting my own site, there's also this collection of football cards featuring Charlton back to 1922. Not as well laid out as the excellent cafcprogs site but there are some good old ones on there, including the very rare squad page produced by FKS in the 1970s. http://www.doingthe92.com/display_card_team.asp?Step=431&ID=5

I’ve got a big collection of Charlton cards, including most of those and these that aren’t in there

• Options
    edited November 2017

Gentlemen, Ladies, I see your Stuart Rennie, David Moyes and Jo Allon and I raise you the late Trifon Ivanov.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Gentlemen, Ladies, I see your Stuart Rennie, David Moyes and Jo Allon and I raise you the late Trifon Ivanov.

Footballer by day, but on a full moon

• Options
    Panini. Football 78 album.

One empty square......Martin Peters.....Norwich City.

Wanker. That is all!
  • Options
    never really done sticker books, completed quite a few of the coin sets from sainsburys.
  • Options

Wanker. That is all!

I had this situation in 1987. I needed Kevin Ratcliffe, and I wasn’t going to stop at any measures to get him. Shamelessly I cut him out of a friends sticker album and stuck him in mine.
    That's outrageous :naughty:

One thing which wasn't asked on that documentary, is how they decide how many of each player to produce, and which players to "hold back".

"This year, Vinny Samways will be rare, bur we'll flood the market with Paul Cooper" etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if only there was some way you could have written in and requesed any missing ones....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

if only there was some way you could have written in and requesed any missing ones....

Going back to the 80's you could do exactly that.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

It’s much easier to carve up somebody else’s album.
  • Options

Wanker. That is all!

I had this situation in 1987. I needed Kevin Ratcliffe, and I wasn’t going to stop at any measures to get him. Shamelessly I cut him out of a friends sticker album and stuck him in mine.
    That's outrageous :naughty:

One thing which wasn't asked on that documentary, is how they decide how many of each player to produce, and which players to "hold back".

"This year, Vinny Samways will be rare, bur we'll flood the market with Paul Cooper" etc
    I know mate, I still fill a bit guilty now. I think I might take a picture of the page with Ratcliffe on and send to my mate with a caption “I’ve been hiding from you for 30 years, love Kevin”
  • Options
    A memorable day at my school was when a boy brought in 3 full boxes of unopened stickers. We took his answer of "my mum just got them for me" without question and opened them like savages. The fact that he wasn't a collector, didn't have an album and didn't even like football was of no concern.
  • Options

Think this was my first.

Seem to remember a few things.... There was always a cartoon style 'funnies' feature, the shitty Scottish teams had 2 players per sticker. And there were usually some shinies of the cups
  • Options
    Is that an Action Man doll going up for the header with Andy Gray?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    My memory is that in nearly every pack of 6 all my mates and myself kept getting Alex Elder of Stoke city
  • Options

It’s actually the bloke I cut out of the Album - Kevin Ratcliffe
  • Options
    '78 was the year. I had so many f***g Paul McStay's it was unbeleivable. My neighbour had as many too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks like Simon Cowell so could be
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can watch this? Not on ITV hub or youtube.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

It was on ITV last night at 11.55, am sure it will be uploaded / repeated soon
  • Options

buckshee said:

It was on ITV last night at 11.55, am sure it will be uploaded / repeated soon
    Noticed that , watching it on flawless catchup now and they wonder why people go with Kodi.