Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Italy v Sweden

Comments

• Italy were absolutely awful. When I saw them play a 4-2-4 against Spain and get demolished I figured "well it's Spain and Spain were brilliant on the night." But Ventura will probably go down as Italy's McClaren.

Gutted for Gigi Buffon.
  • Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
  • Italy will get over it. I have already.
  • No Italy, no Netherlands - recent winners and recent finalists.

That’s crazy.
  • First international match I have watched all the way through for about 2 years. Really enjoyed it apart from the result. Such a contrast to the turgid shit England play.
  • First international match I have watched all the way through for about 2 years. Really enjoyed it apart from the result. Such a contrast to the turgid shit England play.

Really? Because I thought Italy were England-esque in their lack of quality going forward.
  • Fair play Sweden

Feel for Buffon though. One of the all time greats
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve always used to wonder why England didn’t qualify for the World Cup in 1974 and 1978, tonight I’m guessing that was like England in the 70’s, no goalscorer up top.
  • Addickted said:

First international match I have watched all the way through for about 2 years. Really enjoyed it apart from the result. Such a contrast to the turgid shit England play.

Those goals the Italians banged in over both legs made it such an exciting tie.
    Are you an American?
  • Great result.
  • If you don’t score a goal in 180 mins of football you ain’t gonna win and that’s what happened.
  • SDAddick said:

First international match I have watched all the way through for about 2 years. Really enjoyed it apart from the result. Such a contrast to the turgid shit England play.

Really? Because I thought Italy were England-esque in their lack of quality going forward.
    But they played with a lot of pace from the back. Yes, they lacked that top top quality centre forward.
  • No Italy, no Netherlands - recent winners and recent finalists.

The path to the final is opening up for England! :-)
    Just Iceland in our way!
  • Does this mean we'll get to see Ibrahimovic in WC action again?
  • If you don’t score a goal in 180 mins of football you ain’t gonna win and that’s what happened.

Anyone suggest otherwise?
  • stonemuse said:

No Italy, no Netherlands - recent winners and recent finalists.

That’s crazy.
    Nearly Argentina too - could have been 3 of the last 6 finalists.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

The turgid shit that got us into another World Cup finals. Without losing a game. Again.
    Pardon me.....yes, they are obviously one of the most entertaining football teams to play the game over the last two years. If they had been in the same group as Spain they would have still gone through with ease.
  • Anyone suggesting otherwise ?
  • A dark day for Italian football, I imagine there will be some soul searching as to what went wrong

Yes they underperformed, but it's not as if Italy has a vast number of exciting players coming through
  • Shocking result for Italy. Sweden are such a mediocre team but they are a TEAM at least!
  • 1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

The turgid shit that got us into another World Cup finals. Without losing a game. Again.
    Pardon me.....yes, they are obviously one of the most entertaining football teams to play the game over the last two years. If they had been in the same group as Spain they would have still gone through with ease.
    How would you know if we were a turgid or entertaining team if you haven’t watched an international game for 2 years?
    Can you read?
  • Why are you responding to every post with a question?
  • 1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

How would you know if we were a turgid or entertaining team if you haven’t watched an international game for 2 years?
    Can you read?
    I can. Do you only watch the highlights then?
  • First international match I have watched ALL THE WAY THROUGH for about 2 years. Really enjoyed it apart from the result. Such a contrast to the turgid shit England play.

Does that make it easier to read?