Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Options
    De Aston Comprehensive 1983 - 90. Anyone else?
  • Options
    I bumped into my old games teacher, Steve Avery at sparrows lane on Saturday whilst visiting the upbeats. Last spoke to him over 30 years ago but he doesn't look a day older to me. He didn't say the same about me though!
  • Options
    Eltham green 1980-87 was in same year as someone on here but can't remember his username
  • Options
    De Lucy Primary School
    Churchfield Secondary School
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

For all you ex Eaglesfield boys, you can go back to school for your dinner. Sorry if i have written this before, threads too long to look back.

We have been and for 20 quid you get a 4 course meal every Thursday for their fine dining evening. Its cooked by the students, under a head chef's tutelage. Wine is about 10 quid a bottle. 8 of us going back next week, there will be plenty of reminiscing for the ex students.

http://www.shootershill.ac.uk/restaurant

Can a few of us Woolwich Poly boys come ? ;-)
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Eltham green 1980-87 was in same year as someone on here but can't remember his username

Close. 81-88 for me
  • Options
    St Winifreds (Lee) 1974-76
    St Marys (Eltham) 1976-1979
    St Josephs Prep (Blackheath) 1979-1981
    St Josephs Academy (Blackheath) 1981-1987
  • Options

Don't tell me - after school, you went to the University Of St Andrews ;-)
  • Options

Don't tell me - after school, you went to the University Of St Andrews ;-)
    Surprised you don't support the Saints then!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

For all you ex Eaglesfield boys, you can go back to school for your dinner. Sorry if i have written this before, threads too long to look back.

We have been and for 20 quid you get a 4 course meal every Thursday for their fine dining evening. Its cooked by the students, under a head chef's tutelage. Wine is about 10 quid a bottle. 8 of us going back next week, there will be plenty of reminiscing for the ex students.

only if you want the standard shoeing you took every time you lot tried it on , 8)

RedMist said:

GHE

What about

The pish head miss phelps

The Other one the tranny

And then the absolute filth monster miss toms and her pics in razzle
    Mmmmm Miss Toms

Photo's???

Northend primary (now called Pearswood) Slade Green, '79-'83, famous only for the fact that Cass Pennant went there, though before my time.

Hoo middle school/Hundred of Hoo '84-'90.

Yep she had pics in Razzle from her younger more skint student teacher years, Fit as fook , one of the elder lot had selotaped the copy to her desk, after we had all had a butchers of course

and then the music teacher Miss money wow great looking teacher
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

only if you want the standard shoeing you took every time you lot tried it on , 8)

lol not the class of 1980 . We owned you Eaglesfield boys ;-)
    _

• Options
    no poly boy owned the 86 to 90's kids , you mustve come across a poor year 8P
  • Options
    Eaglesfield? Was that the old Shooters Hill GS downgraded when it merged with Bloomfield? :0)
  • Options
    Ahhhhh miss money !!!!!
  • Options

Ahhhhh miss money !!!!!

Don't tell me, she was the perfect excuse to keep rattling your change :0)
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Cough cough...

• Options
    Well fit miss money and wasn't it erol who hid in the ladies ceiling and watched her pee GHE?

Before that loonie langford caught him falling through the tiled roof
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Eaglesfield? Was that the old Shooters Hill GS downgraded when it merged with Bloomfield? :0)

They changed it from a Grammar into a Comprehensive.

It was still a Grammar when I left in 56. Anyone know the year it changed ?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Poly weren't even in our radar, the Somalians and triads *coughs* from Kidbrook were our arch enemies and I remember being chased by ob through Dersly Road playing fields when an organised ruck with Thomas Tallis went sideways one Friday night and half of Brixton turned up.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I think it was 1972. I was due to go to SHGS until we heard it was merging with Bloomfield. By the time my parents rejected the offer of a place there were no other schools available apart from Thomas Tallis. I went there in Sept 71
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

All Inner London Grammar Schools were given the choice to either go Comprehensive or Private in the mid 70's. Colfes went private while schools like SHGS, John Roan, St Joesphs Accademy, and Askes went comp.
    I think the last academic year for the London grammars was 1976/77 but that is just from memory (I seem to remember missing out by one year being able to go to Colfes or Askes as a Grammar school entrant).
  • Options
    Mulgrave 1970-1 - remember very little
    Crescent Rd, Erith 1971-76 remember quite a lot, closed down in 76 and moved to a posher part of Erith
    Chis n Sid 76-83

I don't know anyone from any school I went to anymore. Wasn't into football massively while at school (and had yet to properly formulate my allegiances ;) ) It didn't help that it was all rugby then (not that I would have got into any team).
    And I remember Garth Pinkney, taught me economics. Whenever I hear Will Hutton, well, when he makes sense, I hear Mr Pinkney's words.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Northend primary (now called Pearswood) Slade Green, '79-'83, famous only for the fact that Cass Pennant went there, though before my time.

My brother and sister went to Northend after Crescent Road closed - would have been 76-79/80. Then they went onto Crayford (which was famous for Nicky Crane going there).

• Options
    rananegra said:

Crescent Rd, Erith 1971-76 remember quite a lot, closed down in 76 and moved to a posher part of Erith
    Chis n Sid 76-83

I don't know anyone from any school I went to anymore. Wasn't into football massively while at school (and had yet to properly formulate my allegiances ;) ) It didn't help that it was all rugby then (not that I would have got into any team).
    And I remember Garth Pinkney, taught me economics. Whenever I hear Will Hutton, well, when he makes sense, I hear Mr Pinkney's words.

Airman Brown a year or two above you at C&S.
  • Options
    I was at eagles field 91-96 and Langford was still a nutter and miss mace the science teacher.

One time an older kid came up the school with a knife and the head mr mcarthy chased him round the field and sorted him out
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Who used to give 500 of these reg to anyone that pissed him off

“ In future I promise I will strive to behave at all times in school, should fail in this endeavour, I realise and accept that my punishment for my misdemeanour is acceptable and will carry it out with peace and goodwill in my heart
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Chis n Sid 76-83

Oh yes, Garth Pinkney! I have a huge amount of time for him actually. He taught me economics in a very straightforward manner & was a generally good bloke. He managed to help me win the school prize for Economics & encouraged me to go on & study it further at university.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Poly weren't even in our radar, the Somalians and triads *coughs* from Kidbrook were our arch enemies and I remember being chased by ob through Dersly Road playing fields when an organised ruck with Thomas Tallis went sideways one Friday night and half of Brixton turned up.

No wonder you live in exile in France with that lot still after you BIG ROB .
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

No wonder you live in exile in France with that lot still after you BIG ROB .
    You know me pal, never talk about it.

; )
  • Options
    Morpeth School in Bethnal Green, East London