Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Curry thread.

Comments

• charltonJ said:

Not enjoyed a take away curry for years now. Any recommendations around Dartford?

Green Spice. Green Street Green.
    Love the restaurant, don’t like their takeaway, but as others have said, takeaways are hit and miss, some best of a bad bunch, never the same quality once it’s been put in a foil tray and sweated in the back of a car
  • DA9 said:

charltonJ said:

Not enjoyed a take away curry for years now. Any recommendations around Dartford?

Akash or Polash are quite good
    Radhuny is nice, never had a take away from it.
  • Solidgone said:

Danepak - My advice is to buy a copy of Anjum’s (Anand) New Indian cook book. It’s a great introduction to Indian cooking and nothing like that video.

Oi!
    'That video' is a family recipe!!! Local authentic stuff.
    Haven't had anyone disappointed yet.
    (It is however, the only curry I can cook, along with kofte curry and okra).
  • edited January 2018
    Anyone ever been here:

http://www.indianymca.org/our-restaurant/

Good write up on BBC recently. Chicken curry and rice £5 and authentically cooked.
  • Mogul in Greenwich.

For a luxury Babur, Honor Oak, but I warn you...you won't get out for under £40 - 50 a head.

Don’t think I’ve ever had a good curry in The Mogul. Mind you I’ve never been in there sober.

OK. Been a while since I've been so may have changed. Had a superb curry there but about 5 or 6 years ago. Sorry to hear it may have lost it.
  • charltonJ said:

Don't think I've ever really enjoyed an Indian takeaway. Never tastes anywhere near as good as eating in (sweaty naans being a particular bugbear)
    Stereotyping again I know, but always had you down as a sweaty nan type of guy Dave.
  • charltonJ said:

Don't think I've ever really enjoyed an Indian takeaway. Never tastes anywhere near as good as eating in (sweaty naans being a particular bugbear)
    Stereotyping again I know, but always had you down as a sweaty nan type of guy Dave.
    Only from the millers.
  • Anyone ever been here:

Good write up on BBC recently. Chicken curry and rice £5 and authentically cooked.

Many times / South Indian cuisine. Best in town
  • edited January 2018
    Hawley Kitchen gets my vote, although they have made a couple of mistakes with deliveries before but the food has always been good.
  • Radhuny Express ordered from them a couple of weeks back - bang on and reasonably priced.

maharajah bexley village - nice food but joke service half way through our meal they wanted to move us to make way for a bigger table because they've overbooked and genuinely expected us to pick plates and drinks up and de camp.

think the bill was £35 each 2 bottles beer, main, rice and a bread each poppadom to start
  • Sponsored links:

• Radhuny Express ordered from them a couple of weeks back - bang on and reasonably priced.

maharajah bexley village - nice food but joke service half way through our meal they wanted to move us to make way for a bigger table because they've overbooked and genuinely expected us to pick plates and drinks up and de camp.

think the bill was £35 each 2 bottles beer, main, rice and a bread each poppadom to start

Agree about the service in the Maharajah, they got a bit shitty with us last time as we had an extra person join us last minute. Great food though. The Balteezer opposite is quite good too.

I'm off to the Curry Mahal in Sidcup tonight (diet's going well!)

• Danepak said:

Solidgone said:

Danepak - My advice is to buy a copy of Anjum’s (Anand) New Indian cook book. It’s a great introduction to Indian cooking and nothing like that video.

Oi!
    #Danepak - break free from family recipe and cook an authentic tasting curry. Anjum’s recipes are not complicated. Go on...give it a go. I recommend the Rogan Josh.
  • @DaveMehmet Curry Mahal is very good
  • @DaveMehmet Curry Mahal is very good

I know mate, I was there last Wednesday (told you the diet was going well!)
  • Just got myself one of those Morrison's volcano vindaloos. I bet it isn't as hot as it reckons
  • charltonJ said:

Sher E Bangla in Longfield is decent for a takeaway
  • holyjo said:

Anyone ever been here:

Yes I have! It’s ok nothing special
  • kimbo said:

holyjo said:

Anyone ever been here:

Yes I have! It’s ok nothing special
    For £8 I think it is outstanding value
  • Cooked a fish (cod, salmon, prawn) curry last night at home. I massively over seasoned it, and it was hot as fuck! Had to call my wife and ask her to buy some cream on her way home. It was still hot hot hot though! Unfortunately I cooked such a large quantity of the stuff, which means I'll be eating it tonight and possibly tomorrow too..
  • YTS1978 said:

Cooked a fish (cod, salmon, prawn) curry last night at home. I massively over seasoned it, and it was hot as fuck! Had to call my wife and ask her to buy some cream on her way home. It was still hot hot hot though! Unfortunately I cooked such a large quantity of the stuff, which means I'll be eating it tonight and possibly tomorrow too..

• Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

YTS1978 said:

Cooked a fish (cod, salmon, prawn) curry last night at home. I massively over seasoned it, and it was hot as fuck! Had to call my wife and ask her to buy some cream on her way home. It was still hot hot hot though! Unfortunately I cooked such a large quantity of the stuff, which means I'll be eating it tonight and possibly tomorrow too..

That's actually me right now. That Morrison's curry went through me faster that you can say "Chittagong shitalong"
  • edited January 2018
    I actually take a couple of Loperamide just before I have a curry now. Well worth it. Goodbye fiery squits.
  • Solidgone said:

Danepak said:

Solidgone said:

Oi!
    #Danepak - break free from family recipe and cook an authentic tasting curry. Anjum’s recipes are not complicated. Go on...give it a go. I recommend the Rogan Josh.
    This is an authentic tasting curry.
    Straight out of my Dads birthplace.
    I will however check out Anjum's recipes.
  • I actually take a couple of Loperamide just before I have a curry now. Well worth it. Goodbye fiery squits.

I quite like the ring of fire the following morning. Adds to the experience!
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

YTS1978 said:

That's actually me right now. That Morrison's curry went through me faster that you can say "Chittagong shitalong"
    Did you enjoy it? I have them as a cheap alternative to takeaways, and think they're quite nice for a ready meal. Would like them to be a bit hotter though.
  • Today I’ve been mostly listening to Jonny cash.
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

YTS1978 said:

Did you enjoy it? I have them as a cheap alternative to takeaways, and think they're quite nice for a ready meal. Would like them to be a bit hotter though.
    This one was basically some meat in sauce, pretty spicy actually. It was ok. Never had a great ready meal curry, but ok for a cheap lunch (can get two mains and two sides for £7). When I make curries they have loads of different veg in them for texture and flavour.
  • taste of raj in blackheath, any good? heading there tonight
  • I'm off to The Jalsha in Sidcup tonight (diet's still going well)