Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany (Joe Gomez comes on) (friendly Nov 2017)

Comments

• Options
    Yellow card for Gomez just before half time.
  • Options
    Decent half, Loftus Cheek looks good
  • Options
    Maguire looks a decent player.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If we don’t play 3 at the back in Russia we are mugs

If we play Henderson then we're mugs... Id probably swap Abraham / Gomez / Livermore for Kane / Jones (If fit) / Winks and thats it

Alli and Sterling can then work for their appearances in Russia
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Macronate said:

Maguire looks a decent player.

Maguire is slow, doesn't move the ball quick enough and got caught ball watching once.

Apart from that....
  • Options
    Looks like a typical bad England team.

German team are walking around and England still don't look better than them.
  • Options
    Much better to watch than the usual first choice 11.
  • Options
    This is so much better than the shite served up against Slovenia and Lithuania recently. Should play the kids more often, Henderson et al are never going to achieve anything for England, the kids just might
  • Options
    I understand wanting defenders who are comfortable on the ball, but we still need to defend and are Maguire and Gomez good enough defensively at the moment, especially against the best teams?
  • Options
    I have enjoyed the game but the Germans look dangerous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I understand wanting defenders who are comfortable on the ball, but we still need to defend and are Maguire and Gomez good enough defensively at the moment, especially against the best teams?

Gomez and Maguire are currently doing fine against Germany.... GERMANY.
  • Options
    Was watching on ITV hub but the stream has died :disappointed:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

An under strength Germany, not playing at full tilt...
  • Options
    Who is Pickford ???
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Was watching on ITV hub but the stream has died :disappointed:

Not had any problems here.
  • Options
    Great to see Pickford having a good game.
  • Options

Who is Pickford ???

Everton goalie. Bought him for 30 odd million in the summer off Sunderland.
  • Options

Who is Pickford ???

Van hire bloke.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If you think this is the same Germany that play in competitive games you're dreaming.

They look like they're having a stroll today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017

Dazzler21 said:

An under strength Germany, not playing at full tilt...
    I should imagine more of the German starting 11 will start for them in Russia than the England 11 that will start for us.
  • Options
    It’s a shame he’s on loan at Palace. Loftus-Cheek has been like a Rolls Royce tonight
  • Options
    I'm optimistic about our kids coming through. I think we'll be fine for years now. May take a couple of years for it to have an impact but I'm more optimistic now about our future than I have been for years.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

It’s a shame he’s on loan at Palace. Loftus-Cheek has been like a Rolls Royce tonight

Unlike Henderson who’s been playing like a Robin reliant in the last few games
  • Options

This is so much better than the shite served up against Slovenia and Lithuania recently. Should play the kids more often, Henderson et al are never going to achieve anything for England, the kids just might

But the big difference is Germany have come out and attacked and left space in behind. It's why I don't really understand these friendlies against big teams (jk, it's money). England's problem is breaking down teams who sit deep and don't allow space in behind. Slovakia, Slovenia, Scotland, Wales, Russia, Iceland. That's not to say that they'll beat better teams, but they're far better suited to sitting deep and hitting teams with pace and power on the counter. Remember Vardy's appearances in the Euros? Yeah, me neither because he came on against packed defenses and he's not good against those. Harry Kane? Yup, same there (though he has the tools to do better).

It remains to be seen if 3-5-2/3-4-3 is the answer to that. I don't think it's a terrible shout to at least give it a try. But would it have helped break down Russia, Wales, Slovakia, and Iceland? I'm not convinced.
  • Options
    Surely that was a backpass from Gomez then?
  • Options

Surely that was a backpass from Gomez then?

Can only assume Sane got a faint touch as nobody appealed for a back pass
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

I'm optimistic about our kids coming through. I think we'll be fine for years now. May take a couple of years for it to have an impact but I'm more optimistic now about our future than I have been for years.

And it should be noted that the core of the England first team is still quite young. I think they were the youngest or second youngest team at the Euros.

You have:
    Butland (24)
    Pickford (23)
    Stones (23)
    Keane (24)
    Dier (23)
    Lingard (24)
    Sterling (22 FFS!)
    Alli (21 FFS)

Ox (24)
    Kane (24)
    Rashford (20)

And that's not including players who are coming through the successful youth teams, or even the likes of Loftus-Cheek, who is a real prospect, Gomez, Abraham, etc.
  • Options
    Pickford looks an excellent keeper

And RLC is a proper player!!!