Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van Den Hauwe's Elbow

13»

Comments

• Options

My dad is obsessed with the match against Arsenal in 2006 where we lost 2-1. Van Persie tried to stamp all the way down into China via Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink's leg and somehow didn't get sent off for it. He then went on to score both their goals including what people reckon is one of the best Premier League goals ever, as we lost in a match where we'd played well and deserved at least a point. And we had a penalty appeal turned down. Really compounded our crap start under Dowie

With the ref giving him a yellow which meant he saw it. Also compounded that Van Persie went in the crowd after scoring in a time where it was hot on yellow carding people for that supposed offence. Good ole Jose correctly pointed that out after Robben received a 2nd yellow shortly after for the same offence.
  • Options

Few on here who no doubt remember the Wat Tyler well.
    As for the Ferrier, couldn't have asked for a better place to be brought up as a child

Loved that pub. Knew where you stood and a great learning curve for youngsters.
    Bet it was full of real hard men and boys training to be hard men. Must have been pwopa norty...
    Indeed it was. As has been pointed out previously, though, it wasn't a 'Wall pub. Just your normal(ish) mixture of a housing estates roughians, trainspotters included.

You're a pinkie out wine bar man(ish), aren't you? The usual type that shows disdain for your average working man, based on nothing other than generalisations and misconceptions. I say that as it's evidently not through knowledge. Very considerate and understanding of you.

Still, if it gave you a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside then that's all that matters, right?

Hate speech is never a good look, even when dressed up as banter.
    Don't know Leroy myself but think you're very wrong from that assumption based on what he's posted on here over the years.

I think the point he was quipping at is the comedy "tasty geezer" culture that permeates most of the local areas.

Many on here come from working class stock or have parents who certainly did many of whom grew up in far more deprived and impoverished times and areas with more genuine "roughians".

The disdain is not for the average "working man" but rather the football factory thicko types who are grown men feeding their low self esteem and inadequacies by acting like being able to mete out a level of violence against others is some sort of achievement requiring kudos in the relative comfort late 20th and early 21st century Britain. You'll be familiar with the type when you go to Millwall I'm sure and they're at every ground and every local pub.

Most decent working class men of generations of old would have nothing to do with the type of bully boy thugs/ pwopa geezeer.

They were too busy working or even fighting in wars for peace rather than getting coked up, boozed up and dressing like teenagers before terrorising "average working folk" with utter disdain on trains, high streets and elsewhere in the name of football no matter how many books, films or "war stories" amongst "lads" in boozers try and glamourise or romanticise the bull shit.
    Cheers, Rodders. Completely get where Leroy was coming from but thought I'd do what has become a common theme on here of late by completely twisting what he said and playing the 'caring' card to dismiss his post as nothing other than a hate filled, lack of understanding, rant.
  • Options

Few on here who no doubt remember the Wat Tyler well.
    As for the Ferrier, couldn't have asked for a better place to be brought up as a child

Loved that pub. Knew where you stood and a great learning curve for youngsters.
    Bet it was full of real hard men and boys training to be hard men. Must have been pwopa norty...
    Indeed it was. As has been pointed out previously, though, it wasn't a 'Wall pub. Just your normal(ish) mixture of a housing estates roughians, trainspotters included.

You're a pinkie out wine bar man(ish), aren't you? The usual type that shows disdain for your average working man, based on nothing other than generalisations and misconceptions. I say that as it's evidently not through knowledge. Very considerate and understanding of you.

Still, if it gave you a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside then that's all that matters, right?

Hate speech is never a good look, even when dressed up as banter.
    Don't know Leroy myself but think you're very wrong from that assumption based on what he's posted on here over the years.

I think the point he was quipping at is the comedy "tasty geezer" culture that permeates most of the local areas.

Many on here come from working class stock or have parents who certainly did many of whom grew up in far more deprived and impoverished times and areas with more genuine "roughians".

The disdain is not for the average "working man" but rather the football factory thicko types who are grown men feeding their low self esteem and inadequacies by acting like being able to mete out a level of violence against others is some sort of achievement requiring kudos in the relative comfort late 20th and early 21st century Britain. You'll be familiar with the type when you go to Millwall I'm sure and they're at every ground and every local pub.

Most decent working class men of generations of old would have nothing to do with the type of bully boy thugs/ pwopa geezeer.

They were too busy working or even fighting in wars for peace rather than getting coked up, boozed up and dressing like teenagers before terrorising "average working folk" with utter disdain on trains, high streets and elsewhere in the name of football no matter how many books, films or "war stories" amongst "lads" in boozers try and glamourise or romanticise the bull shit.
    Cheers, Rodders. Completely get where Leroy was coming from but thought I'd do what has become a common theme on here of late by completely twisting what he said and playing the 'caring' card to dismiss his post as nothing other than a hate filled, lack of understanding, rant.
    Fuck off back to wall, you c**t

;)
    LOL.....we all knew that was coming!!
  • Options
    Oi oi
  • Options
    ....savaloy