Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page

Lewis Page now has Achilles problem.
His career at Charlton seems to be jinxed at the moment.

Comments

• It wouldn't be Charlton without one perma-crocked defender
  • Thank god Jamie Mascoll appears to have come through.

Should anything happen to Dasilva would prefer us to play him @ LB than Jackson

I assume Naby Sarr would play at LB, assuming he's not required to play up front!
    True... Forget he's played there
  • Have cover at LB so it's not the end of the world. Wouldn't mind us signing a full back who can play both sides if Konsa leaves in January.
  • edited November 2017
    Lewis Page is still not ready to return to action after suffering another injury setback.

The defender pulled his hamstring towards the end of last season - then again in the summer when had hoped to do a pre-season.

He made a comeback in a game between Charlton players at The Valley last month and was expected to be involved in the Checkatrade Trophy matches against Fulham U21s and then Portsmouth.

He didn't feature in either and boss Karl Robinson explained:

"He has a stiffness in his Achilles, and obviously when you put a load through somebody's body he is asking the body to do something it hasn't done for a long time because he's been out so long so we don't want to push those things.

"Listen, I'm not a medic. I don't have the qualifications or the brains to tell you the full extent of it.

"But the loading pattern he has put through his legs has been very, very high.

"And because of that he has got stiffness in his Achilles which is not worth risking right now."

Karl is misunderstanding the report from the medical staff here i think, based upon a recent physical fitness course I completed around avoiding injuries. (He could also just be lying of course and knows it's mismanagement of the injury)

I'd say it sounds like he hasn't been stretching & rolling after every session and having sports massages after the more intensive training,

I'd also query whether he has used the FITT principles in order to progress on his return from injury.

It sounds to me like he has inflamed his achilles tendon by over working and under managing his hamstring return and rushing back.
  • Naby Sarr a John Hewie for the 21st Century
  • LenGlover said:

Naby Sarr a John Hewie for the 21st Century

Wash your mouth out Len.

How could you even think about such a comparison
  • LenGlover said:

Wash your mouth out Len.

Tongue firmly in cheek
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Wash your mouth out Len.

Tongue firmly in cheek
    Glad to hear it : - )
  • Would have worried me a month or 2 ago but having seen Naby play at LB and heard the reports of how Mascoll played I'm happy enough with the cover there. As long as it's not Jacko at LB I'm fine.

Sorry skip still love ya but never a left back!
  • @KR

Is that a polite way of saying he has put on a bit of weight? Must remember for own future reference.
  • I've seen Jamie Mascoll play in the last 2 Checkatrade games. Based on those 2 games he is a better player than Lewis Page and Johnnie Jackson (at left back).

I wasn't overimpressed with Lewis in the 5 minutes he played for us.
  • The photo of him playing in that inter squad friendly thing did look like he had put on a bit of timber
  • Beardface said:

Dazzler21 said:

Lewis Page is still not ready to return to action after suffering another injury setback.

The defender pulled his hamstring towards the end of last season - then again in the summer when had hoped to do a pre-season.

He made a comeback in a game between Charlton players at The Valley last month and was expected to be involved in the Checkatrade Trophy matches against Fulham U21s and then Portsmouth.

"He has a stiffness in his Achilles, and obviously when you put a load through somebody's body he is asking the body to do something it hasn't done for a long time because he's been out so long so we don't want to push those things.

"Listen, I'm not a medic. I don't have the qualifications or the brains to tell you the full extent of it.

"And because of that he has got stiffness in his Achilles which is not worth risking right now."

Karl is misunderstanding the report from the medical staff here i think, based upon a recent physical fitness course I completed around avoiding injuries. (He could also just be lying of course and knows it's mismanagement of the injury)

I'd say it sounds like he hasn't been stretching & rolling after every session and having sports massages after the more intensive training,

I'd also query whether he has used the FITT principles in order to progress on his return from injury.

It sounds to me like he has inflamed his achilles tendon by over working and under managing his hamstring return and rushing back.
    @Dazzler21 I love how you've quoted Karl Robinson as if he posts on Charlton life. Bravo!
    Perhaps he does post on Charlton Life. You know, subtle stuff like 'He's a great bloke old Karl, and right up there with Curbs, Sir Chris and Jimmy Seed'. We'd never spot it.

Have players ever posted in here to anyone's knowledge, anonymously or otherwise? Makes you wonder...
  • JamesSeed said:

Beardface said:

Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 I love how you've quoted Karl Robinson as if he posts on Charlton life. Bravo!
    Perhaps he does post on Charlton Life. You know, subtle stuff like 'He's a great bloke old Karl, and right up there with Curbs, Sir Chris and Jimmy Seed'. We'd never spot it.

Have players ever posted in here to anyone's knowledge, anonymously or otherwise? Makes you wonder...
    Leon Cort and Steve Jones have.

• Sponsored links:

• I still have nightmares about his cameo appearances for Charlton, he'll need to make Naby Sarr's transformation seem like a lot of fuss about nothing to even begin to look like a pro footballer.
  • Cory Gibbs mk2
  • From this picture of Lewis Page at a hospital visit today, he won't be back playing anytime soon...

• Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't know which one Page is in that pic. Guessing not in blue.
  • Keeping that thing on his left peg if he ever makes a comeback might improve his first touch. Won't be holding my breath mind
  • From this picture of Lewis Page at a hospital visit today, he won't be back playing anytime soon...

Did someone drop a can of fosters on his foot?

Who is the fella in the back row, 2nd from the left, looks like he’s having a kip!