Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Always Charlton
  • Options
    Hard to say for sure, I live and breath Charlton but these days only get excited about England during tournaments (so that last about a week every two years), however I would probably say a World cup.
  • Options
    Love England to do well, but Charlton always comes first
  • Options
    I am a bit indifferent, however if i had to choose would be England just. Dont really enjoy England as much as Charlton but the fact all your mates/ family are all going to be rooting for it, its at a larger scale then even if Charlton won the Premiership.
  • Options
    World cup 02 was the last time I cared about England.
  • Options
    I feel no connection with the national team whatsoever.

Would prefer Charlton to beat MK Dons next weekend than England win the 2018 World Cup.
  • Options
    Charlton to win anything for me.

England winning world cup would be great but I just do not care anywhere near as much.
  • Options
    I'd rather cut my foot off than see England win the World Cup!

Seriously though country before club for me.
  • Options
    in order of preference
    england winning the world cup.
    charlton winning the fa cup
    england winning the euros
    charlton back to prem
  • Options
    Charlton - need some payback for all the pain I've endured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

in order of preference
    charlton back to prem

I'd much rather be back in the premier league than win the FA cup tbh
  • Options

in order of preference
    charlton back to prem

WTF?
  • Options
    My son got upset when we went out on penalties against Germany.
    To try and ease his dissapointment; I said would you have swapped an England win for our play off win.
    He had to think hard about that, which left me unimpressed. Charlton all day long unless it was a meaningless three points; then I may concede.
  • Options
    Charlton all day long. Whilst I am patriotic I would not cross the road to watch England play with the current state of International football..
  • Options
    Since I fell out of love with football I'd say that I could be confident of naming about 3 or 4 Charlton players but only 1 or 2 England ones. So on that basis I'd say that getting rid of Duchatelet and Meire is more important than getting rid of the self-serving suits at the FA.
  • Options
    I think I would prefer England to win the world cup than get promotion in 2018.

That being said, I would prefer England to lose every game 10-0 this summer if it meant Roland and Meire were no longer here.
  • Options

in order of preference
    charlton back to prem

WTF?
    Wigan won the FA cup very recently, no one gives shit and they are in league 1, I’d rather be Newcastle than Wigan for example
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    You choose your club, you're born into your nationality.

So England win or lose - I just don't care as much as I used to.

Charlton I have invested time, money and effort in enjoying. I want them to win as a feel good repayment.

I also would take a return to the Premier League over an FA cup win right now.

It's all that matters and is the most important thing to bring fans back and to ave the Valley rocking in full voice again.

(As an aside I work through my remaining bloodline during world/euro tournies. England, Italy, Romania and finally Canada)
  • Options
    World Cup for me.

If Charlton win, celebrate with 1 or 2 mates.
    If England won WC - celebrate with everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A tough choice, but overall I'd pick the World Cup. Not specifically 2018 as it's not going to happen, but in general

Recent England teams may have been a bit rubbish, but imagine the national feeling if we got together a really good team, of great characters like in 66 and won it.
  • Options

A tough choice, but overall I'd pick the World Cup. Not specifically 2018 as it's not going to happen, but in general

Leicester won the premier league when many put money on their relegation... Just saying.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Leicester won the premier league when many put money on their relegation... Just saying.
    An amazing achievement, but one massively helped by most of the big clubs massively underachieving

For England to win, we'd need Brazil, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain etc to similarly flop...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You choose your club, you're born into your nationality.

So England win or lose - I just don't care as much as I used to.

Charlton I have invested time, money and effort in enjoying. I want them to win as a feel good repayment.

I also would take a return to the Premier League over an FA cup win right now.

It's all that matters and is the most important thing to bring fans back and to ave the Valley rocking in full voice again.

(As an aside I work through my remaining bloodline during world/euro tournies. England, Italy, Romania and finally Canada)

Absolute scenes when Canada finally win the big one!
  • Options
    England for me
  • Options
    For me - to see England win the World Cup would be a once in a lifetime thing and I just hope I get to see it before the day I die. Although I won't hold my breath!
  • Options

in order of preference
    charlton back to prem

WTF?
    Wigan won the FA cup very recently, no one gives shit and they are in league 1, I’d rather be Newcastle than Wigan for example
    :neutral:

No one gives a shit that they won the cup? How far this go, is it better to be Bournmouth than two time European Cup winners Forest for example? Do you prefer to take photographs of a leading premiership player taking a corner than a cup final day out at Wembley?
  • Options
    Would those saying England swap our play-off final win in 98 for England winning a tournament?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Would those saying England swap our play-off final win in 98 for England winning a tournament?

Yes. For all the reasons stated above.
  • Options
    I used to have a work login that included 1947. Every time I was on holiday I'd get a text from the girl I worked with asking for the password for my email. When I told her she'd always go "oh yeah, the year Charlton won the World Cup" haha! I explained the difference between club and country many times, but she never got it