Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fashion Advice

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Talal said:
    Just watching sky sports news. Some serious ankle swingers going on...

Yeah you’re definitely not meant to wear socks with ankle fit trousers
    You definitely can wear socks with cropped trousers especially if it's a suit.  
    If you want everyone to take the piss, crack on.
    To be fair people take the piss out of others wearing those trousers socks or no socks.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    All these comments mean diddly squat until the CL fashion guru TLC chips in. 
    *Lurking* 
    like a spanners fan at a job centre. ;)
    Lol, I just realised I referred to you as TLC  :o
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    Talal said:

To be fair people take the piss out of others wearing those trousers socks or no socks.
    Looks stupid if you're going as formal as he is. Just looks like a bad fit. 

If you're going a bit more casual and got some color going on, bit of interesting sock popping out is a winner. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    All these comments mean diddly squat until the CL fashion guru TLC chips in. 
    *Lurking* 
    like a spanners fan at a job centre. ;)
    ...Or [spanners] waiting for Pompey 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The way his trousers are bunching up the knees, I reckon they've just ridden up when he was sitting down and he didn't know, which is a frankly boring way of saying, I don't think he meant them to be that short.
  • Options
     bobmunro said:
    Walk around the bars in Canary Wharf and every c*** under the age of 30 has trousers on that fit like that.  I don't get it, why the f*** would I want to see your socks you colossal cockwomble!  

Not a fan then?
    I can take it or leave it.   :#
  • Options
    Talal said:

Cropped trousers with or without socks deserve piss taking... Honestly they look pathetic.
  • Options
    I don't think any bloke over 40 should wear white trainers unless they have gone beige.
  • Options
    I don't think any bloke over 40 should wear white trainers unless they have gone beige.

Sorry no one over 30 should wear any trainer unless engaged in sporting activity. This is why the deck shoe was invented ! 
  • Options
    I don't think any bloke should wear white trainers unless they are in prison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing at all wrong with white trainers 

Socks should be worn with ankle swingers in my opinion but decent socks and interesting ones with some colour not ones with homer Simpson on or argyle pattern 

Cant go wrong with brogue boots or a decent pair of trainers (air force one, Adidas gazelle or stan Smith) Jean's and a plain t shirt or a fitted fred Perry or Ben Sherman shirt. 

• Options
    Carter said:

Socks should be worn with ankle swingers in my opinion but decent socks and interesting ones with some colour not ones with homer Simpson on or argyle pattern 

Cant go wrong with brogue boots or a decent pair of trainers (air force one, Adidas gazelle or stan Smith) Jean's and a plain t shirt or a fitted fred Perry or Ben Sherman shirt. 

There's no such thing as a decent pair of trainers unless worn whilst engaged in sporting activity and looking sufficiently scuffed to indicate the plonker wearing them isn’t doing so for the very first time
  • Options
    Carter said:

There's no such thing as a decent pair of trainers unless worn whilst engaged in sporting activity and looking sufficiently scuffed to indicate the plonker wearing them isn’t doing so for the very first time
    And this is the beauty of the world isn't it, for me trainers can be things of beauty. Who doesn't like a good pair of shoes/boots however they are reserved for evenings and more formal occasions. 

A pair of gazelles or samba go with near enough anything
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

And this is the beauty of the world isn't it, for me trainers can be things of beauty. Who doesn't like a good pair of shoes/boots however they are reserved for evenings and more formal occasions. 

Things of beauty ? They make people just look like pillocks and everybody knows their feet and the trainers will stink when they take them off.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Do plimsolls count?

(asking for a friend)
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Things of beauty ? They make people just look like pillocks and everybody knows their feet and the trainers will stink when they take them off.
    Not if you wash your feet :-)
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

You should try showering.
  • Options
    Just bought a pair of plain white trainers and I'm 40. Does this now qualify as a mid-life crisis?
  • Options
    Just bought a pair of plain white trainers and I'm 40. Does this now qualify as a mid-life crisis?

Quite possibly - but somewhat cheaper than a sports car!
  • Options
    The ‘you should only wear trainers when doing sports’ thing has been brought up before on here. If that’s how you feel then fair enough, but just out of interest, what do those people wear when popping over to a mate’s house, popping to the shops or in fact going anywhere where you just want your feet to feel comfortable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    The ‘you should only wear trainers when doing sports’ thing has been brought up before on here. If that’s how you feel then fair enough, but just out of interest, what do those people wear when popping over to a mate’s house, popping to the shops or in fact going anywhere where you just want your feet to feel comfortable?

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I think the earlier suggestion was deck shoes, which somehow look more ridiculous than crocs.

Where's @Plaaayer when you need him.
  • Options
    Regardless of how they look, deck shoes are not comfortable for long periods of time.
  • Options
    Give me a shout when you've all sorted what I should be wearing Gents and I'll adjust my wardrobe accordingly!  ;)

• Options
    And can only be worn on a boat/ship which limits the amount of times you can wear them.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Sporting activity ie: walking the dogs?
    As someone that wears out a pair of trainers in 2 months, just wanted to know if I qualify?  ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Carter said:

As someone that wears out a pair of trainers in 2 months, just wanted to know if I qualify?  ;)
    Yes, a sturdy pair of Timberland shoes or equivilant is required. You are unfortunately a Fashion victim ! 
  • Options
    People not wearing socks with trousers look like total Essex wannabe bellends in my opinion. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    T_C_E said:
    Carter said:

Walking the dogs while wearing trainers ??? Surely everyone knows you should have a decent pair of English made shoes or boots for that. Check out Crocket and Jones, you won’t need to break them in because they will sell you a pair that actually fits and they will last.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

What on earth are you talking about?