Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON 3 TRURO CITY 1 - 5th November 2017 (FA Cup Round 1)

CHARLTON 3 (Reeves 10, 70, Marshall 53) TRURO CITY 1 (Harvey 60)

Attendance 4,494 (996 Truro)

Charlton Amos, Solly, Konsa, Sarr, Dasilva, Forster-Caskey, Jackson (c), Marshall (Fosu, 62), Reeves (Clarke, 80), Holmes, Dodoo (Ahearne-Grant, 70)

Truro McHale (c), Palfrey, Riley-Lowe, Palmer, Gerring, Richards, Lamont (Yetton, 84), Keats, Cooke (Allen, 71), Harding (Neal, 71), Harvey.

Summary

Charlton did enough to move into the 2nd round of the cup after proving too strong for a spirited Truro side. Charlton eased in front with goals from Reeves and Marshall, but Turo hopes after scoring a header were dashed after Reeves wrapped up the win halfway through the 2nd half with a strike from the edge of the box.

Post Match comments

Robinson: "We could have scored a lot more. We were a bit poor at the back. The easier the game became, we came a bit more open and a bit more disjointed. It’s a good performance, it’s a win and you move on. Thank you to all the people who came and supported us. For us today it was about getting through to the next round and getting through with no injuries. When you see Reevesy's first goal back, the movement was outstanding and the ball from Jay Dasilva. Reevesy is an unreal finisher. He’s a goalscorer, he very rarely misses the target whether that be on his left foot or right foot, he’s got an amazing knack of hitting the net. It was pleasing for him to get more goals."

Reeves: "The main thing was for me to find my feet a little bit in these games. Obviously, it’s been a disappointing start to the season but hopefully now I can kick and this is just the start of it. It’ll be nice if I can keep this tally up by the most important thing for us is the results in the league. If that means I’m involved then brilliant and if we are still getting results but I am not involved then that is brilliant as well. I’ll be fighting to force my way in and I’m sure the rest of the boys will too. The main thing is, we stick together and do it as a team.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Reeves = 7.45
Dasilva = 7.16
Holmes = 6.69
Forster-Caskey = 6.48
Amos = 6.34
Konsa = 6.34
Solly = 6.32
Sarr = 6.16
Jackson = 5.90
Marshall = 5.74
Fosu-Henry = 5.63