Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON 3 FULHAM U23 2 - 1st November 2017 (Checkatrade)

CHARLTON 3 (Reeves 30, Dodoo 88, Aribo 90) FULHAM 2 (Thornsteinsson 4, Thompson 63)

Attendance 741(67 Fulham)

Charlton Phillips, Barnes, Dijksteel, Cummings, Mascoll, Jackson (c) (Maloney, 75), Aribo, Marshall (Hackett-Fairchild, 68), Reeves (Lapslie, 68), Ahearne-Grant, Dodoo.

Fulham Norman, O’Riley, Atkinson, Kait, Davies (c), Thorsteinsson, Adebayo (Elstone, 78), Harris, Kwietniewski (Thompson, h/t), Jenz, Spence.

Summary

Silly competition. Charlton made 11 changes with Mascoll and Cummings making their first team debuts. Charlton were looking at a defeat until two late goals to turn the tie around. No one really cares though.

Post Match comments

Robinson: ""I’m fuming, I had a right good go at them because whenever we did what we said, we got a chance. The back four being too deep, disconnection, too many backwards passes, people not driving into spaces. They showed great desire at the end but our job is to install a quality. That’s not acceptable for us, that not acceptable at all. We were harsh on them in there, maybe, but maybe it’s all part their learning. It’s a ruthless industry."

Cmmings: “I want to thank the gaffer for giving me the opportunity. Also, Steve Avory and Jason Euell and everyone for putting us in the gaffer’s eyes – if it’s not for them then things like this don’t happen. It took two goals to get us in gear and that is something we’ll learn from. We’ll need to be better in the next game, for sure. That is what the gaffer said at half-time; we needed to have more character and bottle. We showed it in the last five minutes and the most important thing was that the boys dug in and we got the goals to reach the next round of the competition.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Mascoll = 7.39
Aribo = 7.00
Phillips = 6.78
Marshall = 6.56
Reeves = 6.28
Djiksteel = 6.06
Ahearne-Grant = 6.00
Cumnmings = 5.89
Jackson = 5.72
Dodoo = 5.50
Barnes = 5.39