Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manager of the Month

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Strange decision, maybe they wanted to give it to a new name 
    Swansea are top of the table with more points than us, scored more goals than us and conceded less. And they won away at title favourites Leeds. It's not really strange at all.
    Understand that, but Bowyer with all the limitations against him has built a team promoted from league one via playoffs,we are or were everyone’s favourites to be relegated (maybe still are) yet we sit at the top end of table unbeaten ourselves,that’s why it seems strange...mind doubt it would be bothering our Bows..
  • Options
    They generally give it to the manager who has gained the most points. A spectatuclar result may change that, but Swansea got one of those away to Leeds. I do think Bowyer's achievement has been the greater one, but the decision isn't surprising by any means. 
  • Options
    Swansea are top of the table with more points than us, scored more goals than us and conceded less. And they won away at title favourites Leeds. It's not really strange at all.
    Understand that, but Bowyer with all the limitations against him has built a team promoted from league one via playoffs,we are or were everyone’s favourites to be relegated (maybe still are) yet we sit at the top end of table unbeaten ourselves,that’s why it seems strange...mind doubt it would be bothering our Bows..
    Agreed, you have to look at the resources and where the club has come from as well

Cooper deserves the award, but Bowyer deserves it even more when you look at their playing squads
  • Options
    Agreed, you have to look at the resources and where the club has come from as well

Cooper deserves the award, but Bowyer deserves it even more when you look at their playing squads
    Don't worry about the award.

In a few weeks' time Lord Bowyer can say to Cooper's face: "you can stick yer Manager of the Monf award up yer ahhrse" after we've given them a tonking at The Valley ...

;)
  • Options
    What is surprising is that Hugill didn't even make the list and scores quite a lot?
  • Options
    Give it to Paul Cook, not because of any curse but because he bloody well deserves it under the circumstances!!
  • Options
    Give it to Paul Cook, not because of any curse but because he bloody well deserves it under the circumstances!!
    He does, but they should award it to Cook on the morning we play them to make sure the curse strikes them in that game...
  • Options
    Hmm tough one... Ignoring the curse, I think I'd genuinely give it to Skubala the Lincoln Manager

He's done wonders with them the last few months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think NJ is worthy of being nominated, but I don't think he's won enough games in our unbeaten run to clinch it. 
  • Options
    It’s strange as to me, this feels like the most underwhelming 12 match unbeaten run I have known. 

Obviously needs to be put into context as it was on back of 15/16 game winless run, but it just feels bit strange to me for some reason 
  • Options
    Ambivalent.
    The unbeaten run is both underwhelming yet a good thing to hang on to.
    Certainly last night at 1-2 I wanted us to equalise, even if that wouldn’t develop into a win. Losing would have been a big bummer.
  • Options
    edited April 10
    seth plum said:
    Ambivalent.
    Certainly last night at 1-2 I wanted us to equalise, even if that wouldn’t develop into a win. Losing would have been a big bummer.
    This. Losing wouldn’t have been the end of the world for this season but if you want to build a winning team then every game counts so winning is the aim and not-losing is a priority 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Ambivalent.
    I have been so despondent for too long. And now I am looking forward to next season already when this one hasn't even finished! NJ just came in too late this season - calculate where we'd be with the same points ratio for a whole season, plus his influence in the close season