Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manager of the Month

Comments

• Rumours are it's Graeme Jones.
    He was the main man linked when Nathan Jones left in the first place
    Stinks of nepotism.
  • So Luton have appointed a new manager but no name yet, maybe someone who has a contract until the end of season.

Anyone fearing it could be Bows in The Championship
    No
  • So Luton have appointed a new manager but no name yet, maybe someone who has a contract until the end of season.

Anyone fearing it could be Bows in The Championship
    Not at all.

We know that a) Luton already signed this guy to a contract a while back and b) Bowyer has as recently as last week been moaning about a new contract with us.

Not a chance he is going there.
  • So whilst it would be great.. we could have Bowyer as Manager of the month and Taylor player of the Month... we wouldn't want that jinx 

Luton agreed with WBA in February for him to take over Luton at the end of this season
  • Be interesting to watch... Could be in the Les Reed / Sammy Lee mold seeing he's never managed before
  • Be interesting to watch... Could be in the Les Reed / Sammy Lee mold seeing he's never managed before
    Neither had Lee Bowyer...
    He was the main man linked when Nathan Jones left in the first place
    They have a pile of training gear with "Jones" on it, and wanted to reuse it.

Similarly if Lee goes we'll replace him with Gary Bowyer
  • Scoham said:
    We need to pile in and vote for one of the other nominated managers so LB doesn’t attract the curse of the manager of the month award
  • Sponsored links:

• Id honestly give it to Steve Cooper

Was a little cautious when Swansea appointed him as he doesnt have any club management experience - Has had a great start though and hope in a way it continues for him
  • Cooper got more points and beat Leeds so he will get it. I think Taylor should get the player award.
  • Cooper got more points and beat Leeds so he will get it. I think Taylor should get the player award.
    Daniel Johnson has only got one less goal than Lyle... He's also got three assists so wouldnt surprise me if he got it
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    We need to pile in and vote for one of the other nominated managers so LB doesn’t attract the curse of the manager of the month award
    Bowyer won it for the month of April and we still won at Wembley. I wouldn't be too worried, Bowyer is a magician so I'm sure the curse doesn't effect him. 
    It was only Sunderland at Wembley. We gave them a goal start to try and make a game of it and still won.
  • edited September 2019
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Bowyer won it for the month of April and we still won at Wembley. I wouldn't be too worried, Bowyer is a magician so I'm sure the curse doesn't effect him. 
    It was only Sunderland at Wembley. We gave them a goal start to try and make a game of it and still won.
    Rochdale League game plus two Doncaster games were played in May

So three wins and a defeat from the "curse"
    Daniel Johnson has only got one less goal than Lyle... He's also got three assists so wouldnt surprise me if he got it
    Hugill at QPR has 5 goals, none of which were penalties so he'd also be more likely than Taylor.
    Hugill at QPR has 5 goals, none of which were penalties so he'd also be more likely than Taylor.
    Borja Baston is another Id have nominated ahead of Watkins - Exact same return as Taylor yet he'd virtually been forgotten by Swansea after being out on loan for two years

Is impressive as cant have been easy coming back to a team who clearly didnt want him for two years
  • edited September 2019
    Hugill and Borja aren’t nominated so can’t win it. Whether they should’ve been nominated or not is a different story. I believe that Lyle has been selected ahead of both due to his higher profile (penalties going viral etc).

- Daniel Johnson
    - Lyle Taylor
    - Mike van der Hoorn
    - Ollie Watkins

Massive difference between taking over a former PL club still on parachute payments and managing a promoted L1 club with bugger all money to spend, that were favourites for relegation

Cooper has done very well, but Bowyer has been outstanding. We'll have to deal with the curse on Saturday

And by the sound of things the curse has hit Lyle already...
  • Sponsored links:

Massive difference between taking over a former PL club still on parachute payments and managing a promoted L1 club with bugger all money to spend, that were favourites for relegation

Cooper has done very well, but Bowyer has been outstanding. We'll have to deal with the curse on Saturday

True but it's Cooper's first senior management role and Swansea lost their best player (James) plus their top scorer (McBurnie) so he's also done pretty well to be fair. And they won away at Leeds.

True but it's Cooper's first senior management role and Swansea lost their best player (James) plus their top scorer (McBurnie) so he's also done pretty well to be fair. And they won away at Leeds.
    He's done very well, but then up front he's brought in from the cold Borja  and Ayew, both expensive strikers signed in the Premier League and massively out of our price league!

Swansea havent spent anything though

Their transfer fees this summer were only £500k and that player is still to make his debut

Swansea havent spent anything though

Their transfer fees this summer were only £500k and that player is still to make his debut
    True. But we also only spent a tiny amount on Purrington who has featured for us regularly, he was also here last season in League One - never really played at this level before - Bonne doesn't count really as he has only played about 15 minutes in the league for us. This is also a Swansea team who were 9 points off the play-offs last season. Okay they lost James and McBurnie, but Bastón and Andre Ayew have come back from their loans to replace those two leaving, meaning they didn't need to spend that money received.

Personally, with the squad we had only 6 weeks ago, and the general summer we had of turbulence, to go into the first 6 games being unbeaten as a newly promoted side, sitting in the automatic promotion places, I don't know how Bowyer can't win this award. That's not taking anything away from Swansea's achievement so far this season. I just feel in relative terms, they've had a good start but with a solid Championship side beforehand, whereas, we have had an outstanding start with only I would say 4 players who have properly started games for us this season (Solly, Pearce, Pratley, Williams) to have genuine experience of a full campaign in the Championship beforehand. 
  • How on earth did Bowyer not win
  • Strange decision, maybe they wanted to give it to a new name 
  • I wonder when the last August Manager of the Month was given to someone not top of the table
  • Yeah you've got to go back to 2014 to find the last August MoTM winner who wasnt top of the League