Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR on our new striker Naby Sarr

Comments

• If he does that again this season i’ll Have his name tattooed on my knob.

Could you fit his full name and it still be readable?

Mouhamadou-Naby Sarr

Dont you mean his first initial :wink:

Bet you never said that about Reza Ghoochannejhad
    That’s on the first half.

I've always wondered about knob tattoos.
    Do you have it done erect or flaccid?
    How does the tattoist gauge the size?
    I must admit it's not a problem I'll ever have but......
  • Lovely move and goal albeit was against their youth team as they'd made 8 subs.
  • He’s big
    He’s black
    He’s our back up centre back
    It’s Naby Sarr
  • He’s big
    He’s black
    It’s Naby Sarr

Steady, he’s now ahead of you in the striker pecking order Josh!
  • He’s big
    He’s black
    It’s Naby Sarr

Think mentioning his colour might be an issue
  • Hi! I'm here!

As long as it's a positive chant full of respect and goodwill for the great man I don't mind ;)
  • Finish tonight was top drawer.

I’m convinced he’s in the wrong position
  • Sponsored links:

• Finish tonight was top drawer.

I’m convinced he’s in the wrong position

Holding midfielder - Alou Diarra style
  • He’s big
    He’s black
    It’s Naby Sarr

Think mentioning his colour might be an issue
    How about “We all dream of a team of Naby Sarrs”?
  • He's big
    He's French
    He's finishing's well dench
    Naby Sarr, Naby Sarr...
  • Only just saw that.
    Looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. Like 2 Messi's on top of each other (after recent holiday )
  • He’s big
    He’s cack
    It’s Naby Sarr

• Perhaps he's wasted at centre back. That is not the movement, touch and finish of a central defender.
  • edited July 2018
    There are a lot of accepted facts in football, many are around height. There is a lot of compelling evidence to show that the height of keepers is not as important as coaches in this country especially think for instance. Sarr is possibly a player who is a centre half because of his height rather than the way he plays. Maybe somebody needs to take a step back. Tall players tend to lack touch, but he is above average there. Playing him in midfield - or at least working on that with him, allows you to have extra height in the team which helps with set pieces too. I don't think it is something football is good at - just some enlightened coaches scattered around.
  • YTS1978 said:

Scoham said:
    Pure class! Where did that come from?!
    Always said he's the messiah.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Wikipedia his dad was a striker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarr_Boubacar
  • Scoham said:

According to Wikipedia his dad was a striker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarr_Boubacar

And quite a prolific one at that too...
  • He is such a strange player, he has all the potential to play at the top level.
  • There are a lot of accepted facts in football, many are around height. There is a lot of compelling evidence to show that the height of keepers is not as important as coaches in this country especially think for instance. Sarr is possibly a player who is a centre half because of his height rather than the way he plays. Maybe somebody needs to take a step back. Tall players tend to lack touch, but he is above average there. Playing him in midfield - or at least working on that with him, allows you to have extra height in the team which helps with set pieces too. I don't think it is something football is good at - just some enlightened coaches scattered around.

I definitely do think he is in the wrong position. Yes he has all the attributes to be a top centre half if he works on his weaknesses and as Bowyer said, becomes more nasty/aggressive. But he does have the ability to move further forward.

However, what that would require is a lot of coaching and a lot of fitness work as he would be running so much more in midfield for example than he would at centre half.

It would need time to get used to, but he would remind me in a way of Kerkar, an unorthodox type of player, but put him up front and he would beat most defenders in this league in the air, he is better than many with his feet, and isn’t slow when he gets going. I genuinely think he could be an option, especially if we needed to be more direct. Get players close to him and he would cause problems.

And if he can continue to finish like he did last night, well, I know where my money is going on top goalscorer :wink:
  • The player he reminds me the most is Madjid Bougherra
  • JamesSeed said:

YTS1978 said:

Scoham said:
    Pure class! Where did that come from?!
    Always said he's the messiah.
    No he's not, he's just a very naughty boy
  • edited July 2018
    Sage said:

There are a lot of accepted facts in football, many are around height. There is a lot of compelling evidence to show that the height of keepers is not as important as coaches in this country especially think for instance. Sarr is possibly a player who is a centre half because of his height rather than the way he plays. Maybe somebody needs to take a step back. Tall players tend to lack touch, but he is above average there. Playing him in midfield - or at least working on that with him, allows you to have extra height in the team which helps with set pieces too. I don't think it is something football is good at - just some enlightened coaches scattered around.

I definitely do think he is in the wrong position. Yes he has all the attributes to be a top centre half if he works on his weaknesses and as Bowyer said, becomes more nasty/aggressive. But he does have the ability to move further forward.

However, what that would require is a lot of coaching and a lot of fitness work as he would be running so much more in midfield for example than he would at centre half.

It would need time to get used to, but he would remind me in a way of Kerkar, an unorthodox type of player, but put him up front and he would beat most defenders in this league in the air, he is better than many with his feet, and isn’t slow when he gets going. I genuinely think he could be an option, especially if we needed to be more direct. Get players close to him and he would cause problems.

And if he can continue to finish like he did last night, well, I know where my money is going on top goalscorer :wink:
    Yes, you would have to work with the player. And some players are open and some are not. Marshall for me could be a great wing back at this level and Sarr a great midfielder - but only if they want it and are willing to work towards it. I would want to see fitness and strength in Sarr's game, alongside his comfort on the ball. Those are things that you can add easier than talent IMO.
  • The player he reminds me the most is Madjid Bougherra

I can see where you are coming from with that comparison. Bougherra was well known for running with the ball, occasionally at our cost, and I guess people thought he could play midfield.

Sarr's best attribute is his passing. Even in his first difficult season he was passing out to the left wing with ease. Last season he also showed good touches in the oppo's box and laid a goal on for someone at The Valley with a very deft touch.
  • There are times when Sarr looks really composed but he always seems liable to switch off. I'm not really sure on his best position....
  • clive said:
    Bowyer talking complete sense again. I still can't get my head around one fan saying he's out of his depth.