Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR on our new striker Naby Sarr

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

A good striker is someone who knows how to kick lumps out of the opposition players and get away with it. They are not afraid of getting stuck in or getting hurt, they know how to read the ball and make space for themselves and if the defender retaliates they get penalties.

Lineker was a great striker but never kicked anyone. Ian Rush too.
    Derek Hales was a great striker and kicked everyone.

I do remember Keith Peacock being very devious at corners the one time I saw him play when supporting Halifax Town many years ago. Of course I never see such things now I'm following Charlton.
  • Did Sarr have any moments where he caused problems for their defence?
  • Did Sarr have any moments where he caused problems for their defence?

He slid in and turned a cross over the bar in the last minute. He should have scored.
    However, he got in there unlike Dodoo & KAG.
  • I remember Gary Doherty going up front for Spurs in that FA cup match when we were 2-0 up (I think)......totally changed the game.

What an awful night that was. Pretty sure it was the first time a club was given the whole Jimmy Seed Stand.

I’m might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Leeds were the first team to be given the whole end in the 92/93 cup replay.
  • I might be in the minority here but I think it’s actually a decent idea. Of course we never should be in this position thinking of playing a centre back up front but we are and right now I think he’d be a much better option than Dodoo and how KAG is playing at the moment.

Sarr is a massive unit, he’s strong, he’s not slow, in fact quite quick for his height, he’s great in the air, got good technique and weirdly, him being left footed is another bonus.

We have to remember that we are in League One, all players have their limitations, but a type of lump up front who is going to possibly bully defenders in this league, usually works exceptionally well. If he was to play up front at all, we should be looking to put in as many crosses as possible as Sarr could really attack them and score.

With Dodoo being dodoo, KAG playing poor and Best not signed yet, what have we got to lose if Magennis is out or desperately needs a rest?
  • Sage said:

I might be in the minority here but I think it’s actually a decent idea. Of course we never should be in this position thinking of playing a centre back up front but we are and right now I think he’d be a much better option than Dodoo and how KAG is playing at the moment.

Sarr is a massive unit, he’s strong, he’s not slow, in fact quite quick for his height, he’s great in the air, got good technique and weirdly, him being left footed is another bonus.

We have to remember that we are in League One, all players have their limitations, but a type of lump up front who is going to possibly bully defenders in this league, usually works exceptionally well. If he was to play up front at all, we should be looking to put in as many crosses as possible as Sarr could really attack them and score.

With Dodoo being dodoo, KAG playing poor and Best not signed yet, what have we got to lose if Magennis is out or desperately needs a rest?

He could get the knock downs for our nippy little wingers too.
  • I think we can put this one to bed now.

• Sarr is also proving to be a capable LeftBack when needed - again last night, DaSilva taken off late when we were being flooded with high balls into the box.

Extra height at the back, yet with a good tackle, ability to run with the ball and pass.

• Sponsored links:

• Just look at that west stand? They couldn’t get out fast enough.
  • Not seeing the CF in him, but what an improvement overall.
  • Not seeing the CF in him, but what an improvement overall.

Lovely little cushioned lay off for JFC's first goal.....
  • Good header down last night too.

Don't quite get the "cult hero in the making" tag, but glad he's doing well.

Here's a song for him, based on "Wandrin' Star"....

He’s a giant, he is called Naby Sarr
    He's a giant, he is called Naby Sarr

His head is made for heading
    His feet are made to kick

He's getting better at football
    But he is still better with his.......

• 2 assists from attacking positions now...maybe KR was right.
  • Davo55 said:

Good header down last night too.

Don't quite get the "cult hero in the making" tag, but glad he's doing well.

Here's a song for him, based on "Wandrin' Star"....

He’s a giant, he is called Naby Sarr
    He's a giant, he is called Naby Sarr

His head is made for heading
    His feet are made to kick

He's getting better at football
    But he is still better with his.......

Prefer a Bowie version...

He's a sarrman waiting in the sky
    He'd like to come and meet us
    Driesden thinks he'd blow our minds
    There's a sarrman waiting in the sky
    We've told him not to blow it
    Cause he knows Charlton's worthwhile
    He told me:
    Let the owners lose it
    Let the owners use it
    Let the owners lose money
  • He used to be shite,
    But now he's alright.
    Walking in a Naby wonderland.
  • I randomly played against a player on Fifa Utimate team who had a list of star players and then Naby Sarr at left centre back in a 3. Own up, who's team was it?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

I randomly played against a player on Fifa Utimate team who had a list of star players and then Naby Sarr at left centre back in a 3. Own up, who's team was it?

Does Driesen post on here then? :wink:
  • I randomly played against a player on Fifa Utimate team who had a list of star players and then Naby Sarr at left centre back in a 3. Own up, who's team was it?

Probably Naby Sarr :wink:

@Leuth - nailed on FACT.
  • If he does that again this season i’ll Have his name tattooed on my knob.

Nabby or just Nab?
  • Nobby...
  • Gobbo the genius? lol nice goal that
  • If he does that again this season i’ll Have his name tattooed on my knob.

Bet you never said that about Reza Ghoochannejhad