Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Murray

Comments

• Set down and a break down in the second set against Kyle Edmund at Eastbourne.
  • Edmund wins 6-4 6-4
  • Is he going to play Wimbledon?
  • Is he going to play Wimbledon?

Sounds like it going by the below yet will make his decision prior to the draw tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/44637924
  • Pulled out

Two-time champion Andy Murray has withdrawn from #Wimbledon on the eve of the tournament.

More: https://t.co/Ngi3D5UZQF https://t.co/iuWR8Q8iKY
  • Probably the correct decision
  • Correct decision I think. Too soon for 5 set matches.
  • As was expected.
  • Murray wants to focus on enjoying watching England win the World Cup! :)

In his press conference yesterday he was joking about how annoyed he was to miss the France Argentina match, so watching the World Cup would certainly be a consolation!

A shame for Murray, but the timing this year was all wrong for Wimbledon
  • Sponsored links:

• Gonna miss his sunny disposition around the game.
  • Back to the good old days of no British players in the 3rd round. Can't wait.
  • I'm sorry the Scottish tennis player Andy Murray has withdrawn from Wimbledon.
    I have invested so many hours in watching The British tennis player win match after match I will miss him.
  • Murray wants to focus on enjoying watching England win the World Cup! :)

For all in England, it is the last 16 of the World Cup sudden death game with Columbia.

For all those in Scotland,

it is a Tuesday.
  • Watching a old WILTY and heard this
    Not sure if its been posted on here before

https://youtu.be/8xT74EJ8vbw

Andys part of the rap

During Wimbledon it really gets crazy,
    my hand cramps up and my mind gets hazy.
    I sign and sign but the line doesn’t end,
    wake me up tomorrow and let’s do it again.
    Autograph.
  • Now ranked 839th in the world.
  • edited July 2018
    He's just lost 360 of his points from last year's Wimbledon so not a massive surprise that he plummeted. He only has 20 points left to his name, that was from winning in the first round at Eastbourne this year.

Due to play in the States in a couple of weeks time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Now ranked 839th in the world.

More embarrassingly - Britain's No. 23! I think my Nan is Britain's 24th highest ranked men's tennis player and she is both dead and a woman!
    What's surprising is that there are 22 other male British players in the tennis rankings above 839. I wouldn't like to name them all!
  • Shame, but expected. Hopefully he can recover fully in the next few years and challenge again for the majors.
  • Bet apart from Kyle Edmund he could still probably easily beat the other 21 Brits in his path
  • Bet apart from Kyle Edmund he could still probably easily beat the other 21 Brits in his path

And 830 odd of those ahead in the world rankings
  • Out of curiousity whats the difference between Andy Murray who hasnt played in the last year and Serena Williams and others who have had protected ranking when they've been out for a long period?
  • Out of curiousity whats the difference between Andy Murray who hasnt played in the last year and Serena Williams and others who have had protected ranking when they've been out for a long period?

The fact that Serena Williams had a baby and was off the circuit for about a year may be why she had the protected ranking.

The fact that Serena Williams had a baby and was off the circuit for about a year may be why she had the protected ranking.
    I don't think Serena had a protected ranking although she has been lobbying for such. She has played a lot more WTA events than Murray did ATP over the last year. She did ok at the French and reached the Wimbledon final. The All England Club did seed her in the Ladies Singles as they are the only Slam that do their own rankings as opposed to the official ones.
  • Riviera said:

Out of curiousity whats the difference between Andy Murray who hasnt played in the last year and Serena Williams and others who have had protected ranking when they've been out for a long period?

I don't think Serena had a protected ranking although she has been lobbying for such. She has played a lot more WTA events than Murray did ATP over the last year. She did ok at the French and reached the Wimbledon final. The All England Club did seed her in the Ladies Singles as they are the only Slam that do their own rankings as opposed to the official ones.
    In retrospect I bet they're very glad they did seed her. It would have been embarrassing if Serena had ended up in the final unseeded
  • edited July 2018

Riviera said:

Now ranked 839th in the world.

More embarrassingly - Britain's No. 23! I think my Nan is Britain's 24th highest ranked men's tennis player and she is both dead and a woman!
    What's surprising is that there are 22 other male British players in the tennis rankings above 839. I wouldn't like to name them all!
    Jeremy Bates and Tim Henman must still be in the top 20 British players
  • Riviera said:

Out of curiousity whats the difference between Andy Murray who hasnt played in the last year and Serena Williams and others who have had protected ranking when they've been out for a long period?

In retrospect I bet they're very glad they did seed her. It would have been embarrassing if Serena had ended up in the final unseeded
    I thought her husband seeded her?