Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England news for Germany and Brazil games

Tottenham duo Harry Kane and Harry Winks have withdrawn from the England squad for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil due to injuries.

West Brom midfielder Jake Livermore has been called up as a replacement.

Striker Kane has a knee injury while midfielder Winks has an ankle problem. Club mate Dele Alli had already withdrawn from the original squad.

England host Germany at Wembley on Friday and then play Brazil at the same venue on 14 November.

Comments

• How the hell does Ashley Young get back in the squad

He’s been missing for years, and as soon as he has a run of 5 games, he’s back on the squad. We have such a weak set up of mediocrity at intl level
  • There is no news.
  • Has Lennon been called up yet? Crouch can still do a job etc
  • Only Crouch Lineker and Greaves average a goal less than every two games for England since 1960.
  • cabbles said:

How the hell does Ashley Young get back in the squad

He’s been missing for years, and as soon as he has a run of 5 games, he’s back on the squad. We have such a weak set up of mediocrity at intl level

Well he deserves it more than Jake Livermore...
  • MrOneLung said:

Only Crouch Lineker and Greaves average a goal less than every two games for England since 1960.

What I said ;)
  • cabbles said:

How the hell does Ashley Young get back in the squad

And more importantly, he is shite.
  • Get Ade in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see Pochettino and the Spurs medical team have cottoned on that our boys need to be wrapped in cotton wool and have nice rest before the NLD at the Cameldome next Saturday.
  • Henderson, Sterling and delph have all pulled out.

6 players have now pulled out. Fortunately, I haven't bought tickets for either matches would be even more annoyed than I am already.
  • Complete piss take all round
  • I've bought tickets for both games , thats a fckin joke . Should mean everything to play for England
  • didn't buy tickets for either game as its no longer special to play germany and brazil will just be for neymar which im not that fussed on, also done all home qaulifiers so im sick of the site of the place apart from when charlton lift the fa cup there end of the season.
    hopefully the nations league brings the end of these pointless freindlies.
    also hearing that were wearing the away kit to appease commerical sponsors as we havent worn it enough.
  • MrOneLung said:

Only Crouch Lineker and Greaves average a goal less than every two games for England since 1960.

Harry Kane 12 Goals in 23 :)
  • Southgate must hate Jack Wilshire.
  • MrOneLung said:

Harry Kane 12 Goals in 23 :)
    David Nugent 1 goal in 1 :)
  • Southgate must hate Jack Wilshire.

Not really... Must be difficult wanting to build a Squad around a Group of players and not knowing if one of them can consistently be called upon because they're forever injured...
  • Sponsored links:

• Jack Wilshere is our only player with a bit of creativity and technique about him. The rest are useless. He's not a world beater but we do need him to get back to the top of his game.

Kane, Dele and Wilshere are three players we need in Russia.
  • Wilshere, Lallana and Winks have to go to the WC even if they only play a handful of games before the end of the season.

Agreed. I also think Dier but as a CB.He looks more comfortable there as his midfield game is very limited and Jones is awful.
  • edited November 2017

dizzee said:

Wilshere, Lallana and Winks have to go to the WC even if they only play a handful of games before the end of the season.

Agreed. I also think Dier but as a CB.He looks more comfortable there as his midfield game is very limited and Jones is awful.
    I'll bite on that comment Phil Jones is not awful. He's part of a team which has conceded 5 goals in the league and he wasn't on the pitch for 2 of those goals.

He's keeping, lindelof, a £35 million player out of the Manchester United team.

Phil Jones would get into any premier league team at the moment.

I don't hugely rate him but good point. I disagree with the second bit, I don't think he'd get into the Manchester City or Chelsea teams.
  • dizzee said:

Wilshere, Lallana and Winks have to go to the WC even if they only play a handful of games before the end of the season.

Agreed Dier looks better at CB, although would pick Jones ahead of him. Dont think Jones is as much of a liability these days and that was his biggest problem similar to Stones have the best all round game just they used to make silly mistakes too often.
  • Just noticed on bet365 germany -1 is 11/4 seems a very good price to me

Even germany to win is 11/10
  • Surprised Shelvey has not been called up. At least he knows how to play the ball forward.