Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

Karlan Ahearne-Grant helped Crawley Town make it five home wins on the spin after they beat fellow play-off hopefuls Lincoln City 3-1 on Saturday.

The striker, who is on loan at the League Two club until the end of the season, could not add to the three goals he had scored since arriving but still played his part in the victory.

Charlton’s Academy manager Steve Avory believes the 20-year-old is benefitting from playing regular first-team football, something he needs at this point in his career.

He said: “It is important and obviously Karl Robinson felt that having had Karlan in and around the first team in the first half of the season, he wasn't able to give him that regular starting slot every week.

“I do feel he has built up important experience this season under Karl but clearly playing regularly is what he now needs. He needs to be starting every week and - from what we can see so far at Crawley - it has gone very well, particularly with him scoring goals.”

Brandon Hanlan played the full 90 minutes for Bromley in their 1-0 loss at Tranmere at the weekend.

The forward showed his pace and strength to fashion a chance early in the second half but fired his shot straight at Scott Davies.

Archie Edwards played the full 90 minutes and was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet as Eastbourne Borough beat Poole Town 4-0 on Saturday.

George Lapslie was not involved in Chelmsford City’s 3-3 draw against Hemel Hempstead Town on Saturday. The midfielder will be aiming to be involved when Chelmsford travel to Oxford City on Tuesday.
  • He's was finding the net for us, so we should have stuck with him.
    However, the loan is working out well for Karlan.
  • 93rd minute equaliser yesterday

I'm sooooo glad we brought in Kaikai & let KAG go out on loan. Can you get KR back to Bromley Mr Irving so we can congratulate him on such wonderful transfer dealings in late January.
    KR's transfer dealings have been generally good though. Letting KAG go out on loan was something I would have been happy with until January. Not been his biggest fan but letting him go when he started hitting form was baffling.

Don't think it was Kaikai or KAG though, I think he was always going to come in to replace Holmes, it was letting go of an inform Karlan for an unfit Zyro that was his biggest mistake.
  • What I liked about his goal on Saturday was the simplicity of it!!

It wasn't anything special, wont be remembered for years to come and was the most simple of tap ins which saw Karlan anticipate where the ball would go (long before the LOW cross was made), allowing him the time to get into position.

Had he been in that position for Charlton then Marshall would probably have had a stand off with the Defender for a few minutes (with them both just staring at the ball), before putting in a HIGH cross - KAG would then make an effort to jump and head the ball yet because he's terrible at heading, we wouldnt have scored.

Of course had that Crawley player been playing for us on Saturday, the low cross would likely have been played into the box with the Charlton player (in KAG's position) either passing it to another player on the edge of the box, tamely passing to the Goalkeeper or they'd have waited so long, it would have given the Defender a chance to get a block in!!
  • Karlan would work for all the short sharp stuff we play, you know when we look okay... Then we start punting long to Mag and it all falls apart. It's precisely why we need a 4-4-2 as a bare minimum.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Karlan would work for all the short sharp stuff we play, you know when we look okay... Then we start punting long to Mag and it all falls apart. It's precisely why we need a 4-4-2 as a bare minimum.

We need 5-5-2 as a bare minimum.
  • edited March 2018
    KAG has scored again for Crawley
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be 5 goals he's scored for Crawley now.

8 for the season.

• And now scores again!

• Now 6 goals in 7 games for Crawley.

• Well done KAG.

Shame he isn't doing it for us.
  • Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Well done KAG.

Shame he isn't doing it for us.

He wouldn't get the chance, Len.
    Exactly, he'd occasionally come off the bench and probably played on the left wing.
  • Really glad for him that it's going well for him at Crawley Town
  • If KAG played 46 games in the championship, I reckon he'd score more than the strikers that we are currently using. He would also create space for others . I am not saying he is great but replacing him in the squad with Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi ( yes, useful when fit) hasn't worked out well.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

If KAG played 46 games in the championship, I reckon he'd score more than the strikers that we are currently using. He would also create space for others . I am not saying he is great but replacing him in the squad with Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi ( yes, useful when fit) hasn't worked out well.

Hindsight and all that.

But I agree regarding Kaikai and Zyro
  • Hanlan had a great game for a Bromley today also in the semi final of FA Trophy.

He scored.

U have gotta laugh if they get through after a 3-2 win today going into the second leg.

Bromley FC gets to a Wembley before CAFC.....
  • edited March 2018
    wmcf123 said:

If KAG played 46 games in the championship, I reckon he'd score more than the strikers that we are currently using. He would also create space for others . I am not saying he is great but replacing him in the squad with Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi ( yes, useful when fit) hasn't worked out well.

Let's be fair, we have absolutely no idea how he would fare if he was played regularly. What we know is that he can score goals at League Two level. We also know that he isn't much of a substitute player because despite a number of sub appearances he hasn't found the net much at either League One or Championship level (2 league goals in 52 appearances). Any other conclusions drawn about KAG amounts to sheer guesswork.

If you go back to January and ask most fans who would they rather farm out on loan, KAG or Magennis, the vast majority would have said KAG. He is doing well to be scoring for Crawley, and it's great for his confidence, but there's no guarantee that he could come back and do it for us at this level of with the formation and tactics that Robinson uses.

I'd rather he was at Crawley playing and developing rather than being here with a few sub appearances in a formation that doesn't suit him or constantly being played out of position.
  • Currently we're a mid table L1 side who can't score goals. KAG is not the next Messi but he scored 3 goals? in a run of games before we loaned him out.
  • One really nice finish from KAG today proving that he's not just a poacher of a Striker

The second was extremely lucky yet just confirms the form and confidence he's in at the moment
  • Sage said:

Well KAG has got 6 in 7 for Crawley, whereas we have scored 5 in our last 7.

Fantastic for KAG and awful by us.

So bringing on Kaikai & loaning out KAG worked well then. Robinson is a shite manager & needs to go NOW,
  • wmcf123 said:

Let's be fair, we have absolutely no idea how he would fare if he was played regularly. What we know is that he can score goals at League Two level. We also know that he isn't much of a substitute player because despite a number of sub appearances he hasn't found the net much at either League One or Championship level (2 league goals in 52 appearances). Any other conclusions drawn about KAG amounts to sheer guesswork.

If you go back to January and ask most fans who would they rather farm out on loan, KAG or Magennis, the vast majority would have said KAG. He is doing well to be scoring for Crawley, and it's great for his confidence, but there's no guarantee that he could come back and do it for us at this level of with the formation and tactics that Robinson uses.

I'd rather he was at Crawley playing and developing rather than being here with a few sub appearances in a formation that doesn't suit him or constantly being played out of position.
    Then I humbly suggest that we should have played him in a position that he was suited to then. Are you saying that if we had Harry Kane we would loan him out as he would be no good on the wing ?? KAG may not be that good, but he has shown that he can score if you play him regularly & in his rightful position. I have no idea where he is playing for Crawley but obviously it is working.......and before you say that he is playing in a league below us please remember that Zyro is playing in a league below his parent club & KaiKai 2 leagues lower.
  • One really nice finish from KAG today proving that he's not just a poacher of a Striker

The second was extremely lucky yet just confirms the form and confidence he's in at the moment

6 in 7 I beliebe. Good lad. Proving me wrong at league 2 level at least.