Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BRADFORD 0 CHARLTON 1 - 21st October 2017

edited November 2017 in General Charlton

BRADFORD 0 CHARLTON 1 (Forster-Caskey 74)

Attendance 20,066 (624 Charlton)

Bradford Doyle, Reeves, Kigallon (c), Law, Dieng, Wyke, Field, Gillead, Hendrie, Knight-Percival, Patrick.

Charlton Amos, Solly (c), Bauer, Konsa, Sarr, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes, Magennis.

Summary

Big statement win for the Addicks away to third-placed Bradford. Forster-Caskey secured the vital goal by following up a Fosu-Henry volley, but the win was very much down to the brilliance of Amos in the Charlton goal, who pulled off a number of exceptional saves in his best performance in a Charlton shirt so far.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “We dug deep and we relied on our ‘cat’ to get us out of trouble. That [the Kilgallon save] is one of the best things I have ever seen live from a goalkeeper; the way he clawed the ball away from behind him. As well as that, how he then did an overhead kick to get it out of play and stop their player from having a tap-in. The save he made in the first half and the save he made just prior to that too was brilliant. Our goalkeeper was magnificent and so were the rest of our players. Every one of our players that took to the field was brilliant. Our fans behind the goal were brilliant and the players on the pitch matched their efforts. The way we moved the ball; there were a lot of components to our game that were ok but we can’t always play the fluent football that we know we can. We weren’t miles the better team – that was never the case. What I can say is that I thought we looked disciplined and tactically the players took everything on board that we said to them.”

Amos:“We knew how Bradford would approach the game but we aren’t worried about any team. We know that if we approach games correctly and we do what we can do then we can come to places like this and get results. Bradford had some changes to their team but they played really well and probably handled the conditions a bit better than we did. Second half, the wind was blowing towards my goal, which made it very hard for us to get out and get in behind them. It’s always a great feeling to grind a win out when maybe you don’t deserve it. In previous games, we have only tended to get results when we have played well. If you are going to do anything special in the league you can’t afford to do that. You need to grind results out and win games when you don’t deserve it. The save from header was my favourite. The other two were pleasing and it’s not so much the save but the decision to go and close the angle. It’s nice to contribute and it was a big win for us to come here and take all three points. Not many teams will do it."

STATBANK Player Marks

Amos = 9.00
Forster-Caskey = 8.00
Sarr = 7.88
Kashi = 7.88
Konsa = 7.80
Solly = 7.65
Bauer = 7.45
Fosu-Henry = 7.20
Holmes = 7.03
Clarke = 6.93
Magennis = 6.55

Team Average = 7.58

Matchday Links

Preview
Match Thread
Post Match Views
Player Marks Thread
Statbank

Return to 2017/18 fixtures HERE

Comments

• lovely job but it gives me the opportunity to suggest a correction - Summary 2nd line "in the Charlton" ? :smiley:
  • amended, ta
  • lovely job but it gives me the opportunity to suggest a correction - Summary 2nd line "in the Charlton" ? :smiley:

What a polite way of saying "Oi, AFKA, you have made a mistake son, sort it or I will tell cabbles"
  • @lancashire lad knows winter is coming and if he riles me too much I'll vindictively turn the heating off in Statbank Suite at CL Towers
  • Wait... Brentford can get 20k, we can't?

Oh KATRIEN MEIRE DO YOU SEE THAT!
  • @lancashire lad knows winter is coming and if he riles me too much I'll vindictively turn the heating off in Statbank Suite at CL Towers

oh don't believe him, heating? YMBJ, it was just lovely to correct him after I got 3 corrections on the statbank this afternoon, just shows the smaller they are..................................... :wink: