Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Truro: Post Match views

Comments

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

Amos was lucky not to get two yellows for time wasting.

If Amos has to waste time in a game like this, then something is very wrong
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thought Truro played quite decently, but job done. Whoever said sign up Harvey, couldn't agree more - he looked a cut above any other striker in the pitch.

Felt a bit for Dodoo, thought the 3 behind him didn't give him a lot to feed off, despite making some decent runs. That said, neither he nor KAG took their chance to impress.

Shaky first half from Sarr, improved a lot in the second but Harvey ran him ragged.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    REACTION | Robinson on Reeves' finishing, Truro City, the FA Cup and a touch of class from Charlton fans

https://t.co/Tm0Tj5AWQJ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN4oUScWAAAHk3B.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    ross1 said:

Crusty54 said:

Amos was lucky not to get two yellows for time wasting.

If Amos has to waste time in a game like this, then something is very wrong
    He always does that though. He is very slow and methodical with his goal kicks when he can't play the ball short. He wants to be the one to set the tempo and I like that about him. And there's a big difference between him doing that an us needing to take it into the corner flag from the 80th minute.

Also, we were winning and we hadn't had any injuries to that point. That's the objective here. Take as long as you like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Flat atmosphere with the only singing from them.

Never felt we'd lose after we scored and we should have scored a lot more.

Amos had a lot of shots to collect but few real saves.

Shows what a difference Magennis makes leading the line.

Well done Truro for having a go but we cruised it.

Nice local away trip please next round

This & more. Felt a bit sorry for Dodoo as he never really got a sniff - nothing found him but if you were harsh you could say sometimes you have to make it yourself, KAG should have passed when he shot & his other shot he hit with the wrong foot (he was on the left at an angle & hit it with his right, meaning that it was always going to be dragged left - needed to go with his left & across the keeper like Reeves did)

Overall we played better than I thought we would, although Truro didn't press enough & left Sarr & Konsa acres of room to bring it out. Some lovely passing & brisk attacks & like Liverpool at W Ham yesterday should have got 2 or 3 more towards the end. Holmes ran the show (as usual) and Da Silva was my MOTM.
  • Options

Less than 4,000 home fans - 22,000 empty seats. Be thankful we are making a fist of it in the league or this might have been nearer the actually attendances for League fixtures (season tickets minus absentees). Let's hope we are drawn away in the second round.

If the draw is made by the Carabao Cup Team we could get Charlton in the next round.
    Or get drawn away to Truro!
  • Options
    Job Done!
  • Options
    Great dream @Hartleypete . United at home. Packed to the rafters and we win
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2017
    Holmes & Fosu (when he came on) trying far too hard to score worldies, when the simple pass would have set up others for clear scoring chances.
    Marshall didn’t seem at the races in the 1st half, got better in the 2nd.
    Reeves was outstanding, Sarr, steady and improving, surprisingly good with his distribution, JFC, solid, Solly, solid, Dasilva solid, KAGs pace was awesome, deserved a goal, Dodoo... no thanks
    Truro were quite handy, specifically Harvey up front and Lamont (no.7), but fitness told in the end as the game opened up, should and could have been 4 or 5 (see Holmes & Fosu comment)
  • Options
    First half we didn't appear too bothered. Much better second half and Marshall and Konsa, who had poor first halves, improved a lot and I was surprised when Marshall was subbed. Second half we upped the pace a bit and could probably have scored more - but Truro never gave up and it could've been a different story. Fosu needs coaching on his decision making - shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot! Da Silva was very good going forward and Reeves had a solid game - he has a touch of class. Hoped to see more of the youth but I guess Robbo wanted to go through - they should will get more playing time on Tuesday.
  • Options
    When you buy season tickets, do tickets for these come as part of the package, or are they separate? If separate, how much?
  • Options

When you buy season tickets, do tickets for these come as part of the package, or are they separate? If separate, how much?

Not included. Today was £10 for adults
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have a dream.

That come January we will draw a Premiership club at home in the FA cup.

That come that day we will be top of the table.

And that we will have new owners who have genuine ambition.

I have a dream.

Amen to that Pete.

First time I’ve seen Dodoo. Decent touch, good pace, got himself into some decent positions - but very clear he is not a proper striker. And the other players obviously lack confidence in him, electing other options even when he was in space.

Sarr very shaky first half but improved a lot in the second.

Reeves is a quality player. Always finding space, great touch and can shoot. Not so strong defensively - he put in a very powder puff challenge in the build up to their goal.

We won with plenty left in the tank. Job done. Hope for a good draw and then in with the Premier League boys when the cup really starts.
  • Options
    Be great to get a new pin in the next round
  • Options
    We did make it awkward for ourselves; however, pretty comfortable in the end.
    Naby Sarr was a bit shaky to start with and then showed his quality. He has the potential to be a very fine player.
    Well done KR for doing your homework on him.
  • Options
    Attendance? How many from Truro? looks like 2,000 plus of them
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Sat in the lower west and the bloke sat behind me was so negative he was giving me a headache. He booed the team off at halftime and shouted rubbish a few times at the players walking off. Then came out with a classic “Derek Hales would have scored 15 by now” and I started wondering if I was stuck in front of Viewfinder. Was tempted to ask if this was his regular seat so I would ensure that i never sit on that part of the ground again. Tyler Harvey was their best player by a mile working tirelessly up front and getting rewarded with a decent header that left Amos cemented to the line as he nodded it inside the post. Holmes, Fosu, Reeves and Dasilva stood out for me and Marshall took a while to get into the game. Both Reeves goals came about after some lovely passing and Marshall got lucky with a wicked deflection off their number 4. We should have had a few more goals from KAG, JFC, Holmes and Fosu were it not for a mixture of decent keeping and poor finishing.

Quite a lot of their Number 4 to deflect off so probably not that lucky.

I wouldn't get to excited about Tyler Harvey - had 60 games for Plymouth in League 2 before he started drifting down to his current level. You see so many young players who have the occasional good game but lack the application to be consistent.
  • Options

4494 attendance in total. 996 from Truro just read on another link.
  • Options

Hahaha
    1k max
  • Options
    Not the most exciting game, but a good result. Thought Truro did themselves credit and had they played the Addicks of 12 months ago might have got something.
    Sarr had a good game, a few mistakes here and there but kept going and they couldn't get past him that much. Marshall was anonytmous in first half and his goal was a bit lucky, though he did seem to be getting better in the 2nd half when he was subbed. Dodoo, as others have mentioned, didn't seem to inspire confidence in his team mates as he kept on making himself available and not receiving the ball. Neither he nor KAG are the answer, though. Thankfully Reeves had his shooting boots on.
    Jacko was bypassed quite a bit, but added leadership.
  • Options
    sm said:

1StevieG said:

Sat in the lower west and the bloke sat behind me was so negative he was giving me a headache. He booed the team off at halftime and shouted rubbish a few times at the players walking off. Then came out with a classic “Derek Hales would have scored 15 by now” and I started wondering if I was stuck in front of Viewfinder. Was tempted to ask if this was his regular seat so I would ensure that i never sit on that part of the ground again. Tyler Harvey was their best player by a mile working tirelessly up front and getting rewarded with a decent header that left Amos cemented to the line as he nodded it inside the post. Holmes, Fosu, Reeves and Dasilva stood out for me and Marshall took a while to get into the game. Both Reeves goals came about after some lovely passing and Marshall got lucky with a wicked deflection off their number 4. We should have had a few more goals from KAG, JFC, Holmes and Fosu were it not for a mixture of decent keeping and poor finishing.

Quite a lot of their Number 4 to deflect off so probably not that lucky.

I wouldn't get to excited about Tyler Harvey - had 60 games for Plymouth in League 2 before he started drifting down to his current level. You see so many young players who have the occasional good game but lack the application to be consistent.
    I was surprised how nimble their centre back was on his feet considering the timber he was carrying.