Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ridiculous Pub Name quiz

http://play.bbc.co.uk/play/pen/gdnxxw8jnq

This may prove tricky for the tea total lot that most lifers surely are. Scrapped 8/13, pure guess work

Comments

• Should all be able to get 1 out of 13.

My other 8 were guesses mind
  • 11 out of 13. Some great names there!!
  • 9/13 all guess though apart from one.
  • 11/13 with a local pub thrown in.
  • 8/13

I still maintain though that The Glue Pot in Lowestoft is the weirdest name for a pub.....
  • Two that I have been in so annoyed at a paltry 8.
  • 10/13 but must admit that I was looking at the sign (The Old Goat) for the first one and wondered why it came up again in the 2nd!! :smile:
  • TelMc32 said:

10/13 but must admit that I was looking at the sign (The Old Goat) for the first one and wondered why it came up again in the 2nd!! :smile:

Same, but got both right, so all is good.
  • Onlyme said:

11 out of 13. Some great names there!!

Not only you, I git 11 as well. I'v only ever been in one of them though; you'll never guess which.
  • Sponsored links:

• 8/13

I still maintain though that The Glue Pot in Lowestoft is the weirdest name for a pub.....

Long gone I am afraid mate, there is one called that in Swindon though.

8/13 for me. I actually did this theme as a round in my quiz about five years ago. I shall use this new info to do a new version...
  • Nine out of 13. Not bad.
  • 11/13 was on for full marks after 11
  • 8/13 for me. Never heard of any apart from one.
  • 10 and want to add I was in the Hark to Bounty in Slaidburn yesterday. Which is a daft pub name.
  • near here a boozer is called"The Cat and the Custard pot" its in Puddlesworth and the origin of the name has something to do the local WW2 pilots from the Hawkinge base
  • near here a boozer is called"The Cat and the Custard pot" its in Puddlesworth and the origin of the name has something to do the local WW2 pilots from the Hawkinge base

Believe it or not there is another pub called The Cat and Custard Pot in Gloucestershire, GH.
  • I don't know if it is still there, but the Old Kent Road years ago had a boozer called 'The world turned upside down'.
  • I really miss Brighton’s The ungry ears G thering lace
  • A satisfactory 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Another 11 out of 13 here, and was spot on until the last two.
  • The Bleeding Wolf is another unusual one.
  • couple in dublin that always seem strange;

the bleeding horse
    the hairy lemon
  • 11/13.pure luck.
  • couple in dublin that always seem strange;

the bleeding horse
    the hairy lemon

The Windsor on the Old Kent Rd was once called The Hairy Lemon.
  • 7/13 - I did get the Antigallican one though - would be a fool not to.
  • Surprised myself, managed 10/13 got wrong numbers 4, 8 and 13
  • Dazzler21 said:

7/13 - I did get the Antigallican one though - would be a fool not to.

And yet you still got it.
  • 11-13, most were lucky