Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    Out of the big clubs left, i'd like Spurs to win it.

Will be an absolute disaster for the FA, for tv and for anyone that hates Man u, if Sheff Weds, Man U, Leicester and Wigan come through the quarters.
  • Options

And Shearer, after watching all the replays, still claims it was not a red card.

Wonder if he would say the same if it was him or a Newcastle player that had been tackled like like that or he hadn't been commentating for the BBC who collectively sounded imo like they were a tad disappointed Man City had been beaten
  • Options

And Shearer, after watching all the replays, still claims it was not a red card.

Wonder if he would say the same if it was him or a Newcastle player that had been tackled like like that or he hadn't been commentating for the BBC who collectively sounded imo like they were a tad disappointed Man City had been beaten
    Unlike the Sky boys who are all rooting for a semi-final line up of Rochdale, Wigan, Brighton and Leicester... :lol:
  • Options
    only downside for wigan is promotion i would put as a higher priority than a cup run and with 3 games already in hand on leaders shrewsbury puts the pressure on, have to say wigan when they played us at home looked very good and should of won about 6-0
  • Options

Unlike the Sky boys who are all rooting for a semi-final line up of Rochdale, Wigan, Brighton and Leicester... :lol:
    Sky couldn't give a toss, they don't have the FA Cup.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Riviera said:

Ah - good point. well made. Let's say BT then...
  • Options
    Well, its certainly opened up now hasn't it?
  • Options

Guardiola made himself look a right nob last night

Absolutely. The FA should be throwing the book at him too. Bet he gets away with it.
    Funnily enough, listening to Neil Warnock on TalkSport this morning with Brazil and Parlour and he pretty much said the same thing, saying that if that was him, he would have been up in front of the FA on a charge with a big fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Guardiola made himself look a right nob last night

Absolutely. The FA should be throwing the book at him too. Bet he gets away with it.
    Funnily enough, listening to Neil Warnock on TalkSport this morning with Brazil and Parlour and he pretty much said the same thing, saying that if that was him, he would have been up in front of the FA on a charge with a big fine.
    I remember in the first minute a Wigan player literally passed the ball to his own player and Aguero got in the guys way and the ref some how gave city a free kick. Sums the fa up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1) Definite red. The speed, recklessness, and the fact that he could've ended a guy's career. Studs showing and off the floor - even if you're on the floor by the time you fly into someone - is a red! I think the ref gets a word in his ear from his linesman re the card change - Wigan players were really ungentlemanly though. Then City players the same. Jeez. Ugly.

2) Great goal.

3) Guardiola's a tit. Very, very bitter when things don't go his way. There is a real sense of entitlement that I think will ultimately lead to his downfall - but not with a squad as brilliant as the one he's built this season.

4) The Aguero incident seems like a fan spat in his face, then made as if he was gonna swing at him, so he pre-empted that by shoving him out the way. Also he didn't react to any of the other Wigan fans so it's not unreasonable to conclude that that guy in particular was a prick.

5) Good news in that Wigan can be faced with more fixture congestion. Well played to them.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    at the time didn't look like Wigan were doing a lot, but having seen some of the footage today a small number of them were acting like Bellends, So whatever punishment comes there way will be welcomed, if you wanna have a pop at away fans do it after the game where there isn't an army of coppers standing between you and them.
  • Options
    Walker, Stones and Delph are not good enough if City want to be one of the all time best teams. They are more than a sum of their parts. Silva, De Bruyne and Sane are their only real quality players.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    fa cup 1/4 final details.

saturday 17th march 2018

sheff weds/swansea vs spurs/rochdale 3pm
    wigan vs southampton 3pm
    man utd vs brighton 7.45pm bt

sunday 18th march

leicster vs chelsea 4pm bbc

what a fucking shambles the fa are

tv wins again and as usual and puts fans last as any brighton fan heading to the game on train will have to stop over night, as the last train leaving manchester is 8.35pm,

fans can get club arranged coaches at £38.00 a head and a match ticket is £45.00 for adults £10.00 for under 16s, allocation of 5,5000

i remember when football was for fans, i hope brighton knock them out, and that smug arrogant cnut morinho gets sacked.

from the mail;

The TV selections are also controversial as they ignore League One Wigan Athletic's home tie against top tier Southampton. The Latics stunned Manchester City in round five to make it to this stage.

Instead the BBC and BT have chosen the bigger clubs. Manchester United are back on TV having had 58 matches shown live in a row over 12 years - until the third round this season, when their game against Derby was not broadcast live.

The Brighton game is the second to be shown in the Saturday 7.45pm slot by BT Sport, in a precursor to the Premier League introducing weekend evening kick-offs for the 2019-20 season.

The first saw West Brom win 3-2 at Liverpool in the fourth round, with Baggies fans facing a significantly shorter trip than their Seagulls counterparts.

Manchester United v Brighton, a repeat of the 1983 final, also represents the first time Albion have reached the last eight since 1986, and therefore many fans will have been hoping to make the journey for the game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5426129/Brighton-FA-Cup-nightmare-Man-Utd-game-Saturday-night.html#ixzz57vn947IG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    Am I wrong in thinking that all the 1/4 finals have been on TV for the last few years? If so, why the change?
  • Options
    I thought that all 4 of the Quarter Finals would be televised.

They certainly were in 2014 when we played Sheffield United at midday on the Sunday.
  • Options
    that 19:45 KO time on a Saturday is a pisstake
  • Options
    Croydon said:

that 19:45 KO time on a Saturday is a pisstake

because bt are already showing watford vs liverpool at 5.30pm
  • Options
    Yeah thats really surprised me.

Lovely of them to not televise the League One side who caused one of the biggest upsets in recent history - Just an insult if that happens

Can only hope that Policing etc. has surely yet to be decided for the other two, Sheff Wednesday v Rochdale wouldnt be a bad game to watch... Swansea v Spurs would be better than those choices!!

Really hope we end up with an all League One Final with the Semi Final line up of:

Rochdale
    Wigan
    Brighton
    Leicester

Would be two fingers up at BT and BBC who are only caring about the tv figures now!!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Surely the point being made was that SKY (who don't have the rights), would be laughing if all the big clubs didn't make it through
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they got through, Wednesday vs Spurs would be a decent match for TV I'd have thought, but maybe the BBC/BT didn't fancy the prospect of dealing with Katrien :smile:
  • Options
    Be lovely to see Queen Katrien gracing the National Stadium!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Surely the point being made was that SKY (who don't have the rights), would be laughing if all the big clubs didn't make it through
    In all honesty, that wasn't what I meant. I wish I had thought of that as an excuse though... :lol:
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43173117

All 4 ties will be televised, but it hasn't been decided who will cover the other 2. I imagine they're waiting to see who gets through the replays
  • Options
    I think people have been discussing the Charlton Twitter Account the last few days...

Just been checking the Swansea account to see if tonight's FA Cup game has been cancelled at all, nothing as yet but this is quite a good feature from them - If Charlton do decide to stream their own version of iFollow from next season, it'll be good for them to do something similar for the overseas Addicks to easily work out when to watch the games...

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43225939

Wigan vs Soton will be on BBC (1:30 Sunday game). Presumably the final match will be on BT
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    More VAR issues

Spurs have a goal unluckily disallowed, score, and now the players are standing around in the freezing snow while they decide whether it's a penalty or not! The penalty is scored and then disallowed, so still 1-0!

• Options
    Why didn’t they close the roof
  • Options
    Absolutely ridiculous. It's almost making the game unwatchable.
  • Options

Why didn’t they close the roof

Wembley doesn't have a closeable roof!