Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comments

• Options
    Came back just to say WOW! again. What an achievement...
  • Options

I usually get to see Aberdeen a couple of times a season and, certainly since we have been out of the Premiership, they look like they would wallop us. A couple of mates who come down to see us play invariably say the same as politely as possible. Pub league is patronising in the extreme however far ahead Celtic might be.

I was at Rangers v Partick Thistle yesterday and I'm fairly confident Charlton would beat either of them.
  • Options
    The Scotch Prem is about on the same level as mid table Championship imo.
  • Options

Aberdeen currently the 2nd best side, last season had an average annual wage of 134k per player.

Celtics was 717k.

Over 5 times the budget of the 2nd place side.

In comparison to Celtic's 717k, the entire rest of the league combined was 926k.
  • Options
    Back today just to say WOW! again. What a fantastic achievement in such a difficult league...
  • Options

Aberdeen currently the 2nd best side, last season had an average annual wage of 134k per player.

Celtics was 717k.

In comparison to Celtic's 717k, the entire rest of the league combined was 926k.
    The constant Champions League appearances, regardless of the results, just put them financially miles ahead.

And they now have a decent manager.
  • Options
    Yeah to be fair Rodger's has made the difference. Just wonder how long he'll stay before he gets bored and wants to get back to the premier league.
  • Options

Yeah to be fair Rodger's has made the difference. Just wonder how long he'll stay before he gets bored and wants to get back to the premier league.

Hopefully in less than 3 seasons!
  • Options

I usually get to see Aberdeen a couple of times a season and, certainly since we have been out of the Premiership, they look like they would wallop us. A couple of mates who come down to see us play invariably say the same as politely as possible. Pub league is patronising in the extreme however far ahead Celtic might be.

Simon Church disproves this theory
  • Options
    Put Chelsea in Div. 2 for two years and they would be unbeaten in 92 games. Scottish football is Shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Celtics was 717k.

The constant Champions League appearances, regardless of the results, just put them financially miles ahead.

And they now have a decent manager.
    Another quality Champions League performance tonight. Thought there would be a hatful of goals after Dembele scored in the first minute. The game didn't fail to deliver.

• Options
    Shows what a pub League it is. And they think they can play in the Prem.
  • Options
    Aren't Kilmarnock, Josh Magennis' old team, midtable in the Scottish Premier League?

If I'm right then most teams are probably our level or thereabouts.
  • Options

I thought it was the number of cardigans you had.

• Options
    I think it's a shame they officially have that record now.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

They held the record 62 games before they broke it recently for over 100 years.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

They held the record 62 games before they broke it recently for over 100 years.
    Sure, maybe I mis-phrased it - I think it's a shame they have the record as it currently stands. I don't know what Scottish football was like 100 years ago, but I'd like to think it was a worthy record, at least compared to this one.
  • Options

Scotch is a drink. Think you mean Scot's.
  • Options
    Talking of drinks lots of 7 up and Irish Wine downed in Paris last night.
  • Options
    Celtic aside the Scottish premier league is no better than league one in England.

Even if Celtic go 100 games unbeaten in Scotland last night just reinforces how shit their league is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

We know. Just like saying Scotch as it normally gets a rise.

My mate mad jock stews over it but he's mad of course!
  • Options
    Perhaps the Gooners could go and play in Scotland after their great displays against Bayern Munich last season!

BM didn't have a £500M forward line to be fair.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Scot’s what? What does he possess?!
  • Options
    69 game unbeaten run about to come to an end. Currently Hearts 4 – 0 Celtic with 4 minutes to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

69 game unbeaten run about to come to an end. Currently Hearts 4 – 0 Celtic with 4 minutes to go.

Soixante neuf indeed certainly ended that run in style :open_mouth:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Soixante neuf indeed certainly ended that run in style :open_mouth:
    Nice round number
  • Options

Beat the record held for 100 years by you know who.

It actually didn't as Scottish football is deemed 'not real football' and thus any records set or apparently broken up there, don't count.
  • Options
    Won a £3.50 bet that they wouldn't go unbeaten this season. That's recovered the hurt from the cricket.
  • Options
    Shame they lost, I was looking forward to them in a head to head with Huddersfield for the Champions of Champions play-off.