Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Truro City | Sun 05 Nov | 2pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

5 - 1

Early goals make it a walk in park

Jackson gets his last ever Charlton goal.

That sounds about right. Personally I really would rather see Aribo rather than Jacko in central midfield, I'd rather see Jacko come on as a sub further up the pitch. After 70 minutes the Truro players will tire and slow down to Jacko's pace too
  • Options
    Should be an exciting fun game and very much looking forward to it. We surely will be too strong...I hope...1-0 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    I'm sure this thread is about Charlton and Truro not Bromley FFS!
  • Options
    They ain't going to score with Nabby at the back. At least 3-0.
  • Options
    redman said:

SDAddick said:

I would be very disappointed if Jackson starts ahead of Aribo and Dijksteel, and if I were either of them I'd be fuming. This is the perfect chance for either of them to show what they can do. Aribo by all accounts was very good on Wednesday and Dijksteel is our most natural replacement for Kashi. We have kept these youngsters instead of loaning them out, and that means we have to play them. Both of them are too good for U23 football and it wouldn't surprise me if after this week rumors of Dijksteel wanting away resurface.

I'm sure Aribo and Djiksteel have both been promised 90 minutes on Tuesday
    Yes a good point, and it was only after writing my post that I realized we're playing a team on Tuesday night that is three divisions above Truro (though I doubt they'll be at full strength).

That said, I still think there is value in it for those young players getting a run out in an FA Cup game on telly. I understand starting Jacko when the side is otherwise entirely made up of youngsters. I think having that level head in there really helps. But in this situation where it's an experienced team? Especially when you have such a promising player in Dijksteel who desperately needs some time in the first team in his best position? I just don't get it.
  • Options
    This'll be the game Naby makes a mistake and the usuals will return to thinking he's not good enough.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This'll be the game Naby makes a mistake and the usuals will return to thinking he's not good enough.

Even if he scores three terrible own goals we've still seen his skill set and what he's capable of. On his day, he's more than good enough.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Even if he scores three terrible own goals we've still seen his skill set and what he's capable of. On his day, he's more than good enough.
    Oh I agree... some however don’t.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

redman said:

SDAddick said:

I would be very disappointed if Jackson starts ahead of Aribo and Dijksteel, and if I were either of them I'd be fuming. This is the perfect chance for either of them to show what they can do. Aribo by all accounts was very good on Wednesday and Dijksteel is our most natural replacement for Kashi. We have kept these youngsters instead of loaning them out, and that means we have to play them. Both of them are too good for U23 football and it wouldn't surprise me if after this week rumors of Dijksteel wanting away resurface.

I'm sure Aribo and Djiksteel have both been promised 90 minutes on Tuesday
    Yes a good point, and it was only after writing my post that I realized we're playing a team on Tuesday night that is three divisions above Truro (though I doubt they'll be at full strength).

That said, I still think there is value in it for those young players getting a run out in an FA Cup game on telly. I understand starting Jacko when the side is otherwise entirely made up of youngsters. I think having that level head in there really helps. But in this situation where it's an experienced team? Especially when you have such a promising player in Dijksteel who desperately needs some time in the first team in his best position? I just don't get it.
    Pompey might provide stronger opposition (ish), but I'm sure an FA Cup goal would be treasured far more than one scored in the Checktrade trophy

It's a complete non game on Tuesday, but it does seem a bit daft to be playing 2 days after an FA Cup match, when both are meant to be first team fixtures...
  • Options

5 - 1

I am surprised and disappointed he is even playing. Even if Aribo and Dijksteel are needed for Portsmouth surely we have a youngster who would benefit from a game.

I wondered if it could be Jacko's last game (not just last goal) and this will be announced before kick-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With arguably some of the best midfielders in league 1 we should see this game out comfortably. However much will rest on the mental attitude of the players. Get it right and we could be looking at a very comfortable win, get it wrong and its Northwich all over again. Im thinking Karl will gear us up properly for this and get the message across not to be complacent. 5-0.
  • Options
    4-0 or 5-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    Can I have some of what you lot are on. We never win 4 or 5 nil & especially not a cup tie against lower league opposition. If the players go into the game with the attitude that some of you have then there will be an upset on the cards. If Truro score first it will be like Plymoth & Gillingham all over again.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Centre backs need to be consistent and if he does make a series of errors against Truro, it would be pretty concerning !

So far , he's made no errors this year; long may it continue
  • Options
    What i would like to see is a stong team put out against Truro and no slip ups. Make no mistake this is Truros cup final but i can remember when cup finals went to replays. For us older fans i give you Maidstone at home okay 3rd round but non league 1-1. Dangenham at home non league 1-1 ,we fielded strong teams in both games and came down to earth with a bump.Went through on both games just after areplay.

Truro fans will be up for this match as will Truro, do not make the news headlines for the wrong reasons Charlton. Expect a home win by 2 goals wish i could be at the match today but will have to watch the goals go in on the BBC.

This match is what the FA Cup is all about enjoy the day and see you all in the next round.
  • Options

5 - 1

I am surprised and disappointed he is even playing. Even if Aribo and Dijksteel are needed for Portsmouth surely we have a youngster who would benefit from a game.

I wondered if it could be Jacko's last game (not just last goal) and this will be announced before kick-off.
    I'd be very surprised. He's still regularly making the bench in the league. Jackson will make plenty more appearances this season.
  • Options
    It's Charlton in the cup against lower league opposition. Where have the positive posters been for the last 20 years?
  • Options
    We took the grandkids to a fireworks display last night.
    Mrs Blackpool has recorded about 3 hours of x factor and other such shite that she intends to watch this afternoon.
    Decision made.
    It's Charlton v Truro for me.
  • Options

Mrs Blackpool has recorded about 3 hours of x factor and other such shite that she intends to watch this afternoon.
    Decision made.

and me. It's a lovely day, too nice to sit indoors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What i would like to see is a stong team put out against Truro and no slip ups. Make no mistake this is Truros cup final but i can remember when cup finals went to replays. For us older fans i give you Maidstone at home okay 3rd round but non league 1-1. Dangenham at home non league 1-1 ,we fielded strong teams in both games and came down to earth with a bump.Went through on both games just after areplay.

Truro fans will be up for this match as will Truro, do not make the news headlines for the wrong reasons Charlton. Expect a home win by 2 goals wish i could be at the match today but will have to watch the goals go in on the BBC.

This match is what the FA Cup is all about enjoy the day and see you all in the next round.

Was not the draw against Maidstone the game when Killer and Flanagan got sent of for fighting though? We were 1-0 down and scored with 9 men for the replay which we won.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Is the game actually on a bbc channel today? Can't seem to spot it in the tv listings.
  • Options
    2-0 win, I reckon it will be much harder than we all hope it will be.

Hopefully, we will get an early goal to test their nerve.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Is the game actually on a bbc channel today? Can't seem to spot it in the tv listings.

No, but the goals are meant to be shown as they go in.

Phillips
    Solly Konsa Sarr Dasilva
    Jackson Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Dodoo

Charlton 4-0 Truro
    Holmes
    Jackson
    Marshall
    Sarr
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Was not the draw against Maidstone the game when Killer and Flanagan got sent of for fighting though? We were 1-0 down and scored with 9 men for the replay which we won.
    Correct Hales and Flanagan sent off for fighting one another. In the replay Maidstones floodlights failed with 30 seconds of play remaining and play did not start again for another 25 minutes.
  • Options
    3-0 with two sendings off.
  • Options
    Anyone thinking about going you owe it to Truro to come along , a fantastic day out for them. 5 - 1 Charlton
  • Options

Decision made.

and me. It's a lovely day, too nice to sit indoors.
    This. Just got back from walking the dogs. It’s a perfect day for getting out in the fresh air, having a couple of pints and watching a game of football.
  • Options
    Good thing is RD will not get all the gate money as we have to give some to the FA and some to Truro, unless the rules have changed. I cannot see a big score, but will be happy with 2 or 3-0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!