Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester (and Surrounding Areas) Addicks

13»

Comments

• Ok here goes. First time poster after years of being a reader. No idea if this bloody thing'll work. 24 years in Blackburn having lived in London for 35. Couldn't go back financially and better quality of life up ere. oh and missus and family up here. I go to a few games each year. Minimum Fleetwood, Bury, Doncaster this year. Not up for coffee and chat. Piss ups...count me in. Charlton till I die.100% Roland out!

Great opening post
  • johnny73 said:

Lytham St Annes looked very nice, when we had a "nose" after a Blackpool away game a few years back.

No10. Ale house very nice and like to go to the Zen now and then for food.
    Find this very weird. Both are 1 minute from my house. A regular in Zen.
    I'm in Hutton mate so get over the river now and then. Comfort myself that I'm still south of the river of course!

• Saulc23 said:

Ok here goes. First time poster after years of being a reader. No idea if this bloody thing'll work. 24 years in Blackburn having lived in London for 35. Couldn't go back financially and better quality of life up ere. oh and missus and family up here. I go to a few games each year. Minimum Fleetwood, Bury, Doncaster this year. Not up for coffee and chat. Piss ups...count me in. Charlton till I die.100% Roland out!

Were you at Fleetwood this season? I was chatting to a bloke who travelled from Blackburn, I was stood with my girlfriend
    Yep that was me.
  • RedChaser said:

Amongst the general bonhomie of this thread, can we all just agree that it's grim up north? ;-)

Don't knock it until you've tried it :wink:
    I tried it (Leeds for 2 years), and can confirm 'its grim oop North'.
  • It's a lovely sunny day in Manchester today.
  • Saulc23 said:
    Unfortunately not. Money's been a bit tight so me and dad had a choice between this game or Wigan one. We decided Wigan

My uncle is traveling up from Hythe though. Apparently he has managed to rangle tickets in the board room seats. But didn't think to see if me or dad wanted to go. Oh well that's my uncle for you.

What will happen first Takeover or Wigan match?
  • edited December 2017
    Saulc23 said:
    I'll be there and don't forget @stockportaddick , @johnny73 or & @theeenorth
  • Who will be manning the coal mine if you boys are all at the match?!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    I'm working today. Not down a pit though. I'm on an allotment site.
  • just noticed this thread

we deserted Lancashire a year ago and now live in Dorset, less rain more cider :wink:

can't say I miss Ewood Park but did enjoy a lot of the other grounds in the NW
  • Saulc23 said:
    Sorry, in sunny lanzarote Will be at the Wigan game if anyone wants to meet up.
    Last night I got chatting to a Belgium bloke, he had heard of Duchaelet, he asked how I knew him so gave it to him with both barrels. I told him to tell him to 'sell the club and fuck off'', hopefully that will do it!!! :-).
  • I'm in North Wales today so can't make it but my son is definitely going. First time I've missed us at Ewood in donkeys years so we'll probably hammer them...
  • I don't know, you're all dropping like flies and not doing the hardened northerner image any good chaps :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

I don't know, you're all dropping like flies and not doing the hardened northerner image any good chaps :wink:

My son just text me, he got on the train to Preston, Charlton shirt on full view and the train was rammed with Sheff Utd en route to Deepdale. He said it has been an interesting journey lol
  • Saulc23 said:
    Am on works do this evening, pub then beirkeller manchester. Is going to be messy enough within me turning up pissed, so have swerved the game today. Usually go. Fingers very crossed for an unlikely win. Coyr!
  • Saulc23 said:
    Am on works do this evening, pub then beirkeller manchester. Is going to be messy enough within me turning up pissed, so have swerved the game today. Usually go. Fingers very crossed for an unlikely win. Coyr!
    Seriously you live in Blackburn and aren't going? Poor effort.
  • How many doing the Wigan game on Friday?
  • cafcwill said:

How many doing the Wigan game on Friday?

I'l be there.

• Sponsored links:

• Soooooo
    After today's news, who is going to Wigan?
    Surely a piss up is required now?!
  • Normally reside in Preston, but am with family back in the homeland for Christmas and New Year, so won't be going.

Am looking forward to many more away days in the near future now though given the very welcome news that we have received today!
  • Me and dad will be there tonight. We're going for a pint in the (I think) Fayre and square pub just behind the ground, If anyone fancies it
  • I’ll be there on my ones. Trains looking difficult though back to Stockport but I can worry about that closer to the time. Looking forward to what should be a joyous atmosphere from the travelling through
  • cafcwill said:

Me and dad will be there tonight. We're going for a pint in the (I think) Fayre and square pub just behind the ground, If anyone fancies it

Pub is called the Red Robin if anyone interested
  • Bury?

Anyone going?
  • I went. Good beer in social club next to ground. good second half. Not top six quality. Just sell the club!
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2018
    Carter said:

@pork_pie is the most northern of them all

Thought Chorlton were Charlton and has been incredibly loyal ever since. I personally love him he is a great bloke and gets around the northern outposts we've been infecting for the last few years

Abs lives on the Wirral now, tried to meet up with him a while ago as I have friends in Upton & Woodchurch, didn’t happen in the end, last saw him at Northampton away last season.
  • Any Northern addicks heading to the Shrewsbury game tomorrow?