Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester (and Surrounding Areas) Addicks

edited November 3 in General Charlton
Hello everyone

After reading @Henry Irving report of the Bromley Addicks meeting with Karl and Lee, it got me thinking:

How many Charlton Fans are there in Manchester and the surrounding areas?
Is there already a group set up like Bromley Addicks (if so please let me know as i'd like to join)?
How many lifers are based in Manchester and surrounding areas (aka the NORTH)?

Would be interesting to see
Maybe if there is enough of us, we can arrange a meet up this side of Christmas? perhaps all meet up at a game (Blackburn and Wigan spring to mind)

«13

Comments

  • Me and BaldybonceJNR were in Manchester last week. As we passed a shop being fitted out one of the builders called Bb JNR over (he had his Charlton shirt on) gave him a thumbs up and said he was Charlton.
    So yes, there is someone up there.
  • Me and BaldybonceJNR were in Manchester last week. As we passed a shop being fitted out one of the builders called Bb JNR over (he had his Charlton shirt on) gave him a thumbs up and said he was Charlton.
    So yes, there is someone up there.

    We're not alone! huzzah!
  • Nice idea, i'm at Uni up in Manchester so would be interested.
  • If you need any help or advice inbox me
  • If you need any help or advice inbox me

    Do you know any Manchester (and surrounding area) Based Addicks at all?
  • cafcwill said:

    If you need any help or advice inbox me

    Do you know any Manchester (and surrounding area) Based Addicks at all?
    @lancashire lad

    @altrinchamaddick

    @stockportaddick

    All sound like possibilities

  • What about the black guy who in a very old votv came from Manchester and supported Charlton as when young he misread a local sign for Chorlton?

    Did see him at Brighton away in recent times. Pork pie hat.
  • There's a couple of Valley diehards now in Preston and another in Leeds that I know of...
  • edited November 3
    @cafcwill, albeit @The Red Robin is from the other side of the Pennines, he did suggest the setting up of a Northern Addicks group some while ago but this didn't seem to get off the ground.

    Lancashire Lad and his Lass have now moved back down South but @bobmunro @CheshireAddick ? @ChesterAddick ? and myself are not a million miles away :wink: .
  • yep, count me in on anything going on :-)
  • Sponsored links:


  • What a great night we can have in Manchester when the Belgiums roll out of town!!!!!!
  • RedChaser said:

    @cafcwill, albeit @The Red Robin is from the other side of the Pennines, he did suggest the setting up of a Northern Addicks group some while ago but this didn't seem to get off the ground.

    Lancashire Lad and his Lass have now moved back down South but @bobmunro @CheshireAddick ? @ChesterAddick ? and myself are not a million miles away :wink: .

    Yes you can count me in - based in Cheshire.
  • edited November 3
    RedChaser said:

    @cafcwill, albeit @The Red Robin is from the other side of the Pennines, he did suggest the setting up of a Northern Addicks group some while ago but this didn't seem to get off the ground.

    Lancashire Lad and his Lass have now moved back down South but @bobmunro @CheshireAddick ? @ChesterAddick ? and myself are not a million miles away :wink: .

    I did get a decent amount of responses actually but life has got in the way a bit. I'm definitely up for meeting up at Blackburn or Wigan and going from there. With enough of us across the north we can make it work.
  • I'd be up for this.
  • Live and work in Leeds, struggle to get to weekend games ATM but would be well up for a session.

    Used to do some "supporters club" stuff back in a previous life so have a bit of an idea.
  • Would deffo be up for this too
  • Loving the response to this. We will party when Roland sells. Next tv game we should all meet up at a pub, they'll have to show the match if we all turn up
  • Your on !! it's a date (so to speak) :-). This could be bigger than the Bromley Addicks secret society :-). In fact move the club up and attendances could actually increase :-)
  • Sponsored links:


  • I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!
  • Saulc23 said:

    I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

    I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

    Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
  • Would deffo be up for this too

    Which part of Stockport?
  • NEWSFLASH: Charlton Athletic Football Club relocate up t’north.
  • cafcwill said:

    Saulc23 said:

    I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

    I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

    Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
    I’m in Bramhall so not too far, I know what you mean I always get the old “someone has to support them” line.
  • Saulc23 said:

    cafcwill said:

    Saulc23 said:

    I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

    I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

    Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
    I’m in Bramhall so not too far, I know what you mean I always get the old “someone has to support them” line.
    Very nice golf course there. Flaming roadworks near Handforth Dean a pain in the rear end though, seem to have been going on forever and no bugger ever working :rage:
  • Saulc23 said:

    cafcwill said:

    Saulc23 said:

    I’m living in Stockport. Would love to meet up with a few others who are local. Happy to help with arranging stuff if needed? Can be quite lonely being the only Charlton fan people know!

    I used to say I was the only Charlton fan above the Midlands. It seems I was very very wrong

    Which part of Stockport? I live in Reddish
    I’m in Bramhall so not too far, I know what you mean I always get the old “someone has to support them” line.
    I think we can narrow this down to 'which road' do you live on.

    I'm in Bramhall as well lol
  • edited November 4

    Will we have own special signal or handshake :-)

    Good idea. When in a packed pub full of football supporters hold out your clenched fist with the back of the hand facing them, shout ‘Oi’ very loudly to get their attention and extend the middle finger. Only your fellow Addicks will recognise this as the secret signal.
  • Amongst the general bonhomie of this thread, can we all just agree that it's grim up north? ;-)
Sign In or Register to comment.