Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that disappointed you as a kid.

Comments

• Options
    Len Glover being sold to Leicester.
  • Options

My Grandad lied.

He said he'd take me to the wrestling if he could get away after his Saturday morning shift in the docks. After a certain time it was obvious he'd been detained and I wouldn't be going.

A bit later, to the dulcet tones of Kent Walton it comes on the telly, and there he is sitting in the front row!

It was fun later though, hearing Nan extract what had detained him at work and hearing him literally hang himself in lies and subterfuge.

always thought that the wrestling was recorded rather than live ...if so your Grandad have even more to answer for
  • Options
    lolwray said:

My Grandad lied.

He said he'd take me to the wrestling if he could get away after his Saturday morning shift in the docks. After a certain time it was obvious he'd been detained and I wouldn't be going.

A bit later, to the dulcet tones of Kent Walton it comes on the telly, and there he is sitting in the front row!

It was fun later though, hearing Nan extract what had detained him at work and hearing him literally hang himself in lies and subterfuge.

always thought that the wrestling was recorded rather than live ...if so your Grandad have even more to answer for
    I can assure you it was live. Kent Walton's commentary was wedged between the half time and full time football scores.
  • Options
    The reaction of my parents when I got caught shoplifting at the age of 12.

There's no pleasing some people.
  • Options
    Stuart Leary being sacked and transferred to QPR.
  • Options
    Realising that I was shit at football
  • Options

This one definitely not just once. It was at primary school, middle school and finally secondary school.

I never fully accepted it. Especially seeing some of the shits that are at pro level! (Doesn't help having a few friends playing semi pro level)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This one definitely not just once. It was at primary school, middle school and finally secondary school.

I never fully accepted it. Especially seeing some of the shits that are at pro level! (Doesn't help having a few friends playing semi pro level)
    What the hell is middle school?
  • Options
    scott parker signing for chelsea.

Absolutely gutted me as an 11 year old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When mum wanted to use the phone so I had to come off the internet.

She wouldn't warn me, she would just pick the phone up and start dialling, which made a horrible noise on the dial-up.
  • Options
    Fishing

My dad took me fishing when I was a kid, it bored the shit out of me.

I know some people love fishing, but it really wasn't for me
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

What the hell is middle school?
    expect its in middle earth
  • Options

Having to go to school, when I could think of far better things to do

Now you can just replace the word 'school' with 'work'.
  • Options
    When red non drying paint was put on top of the walls at the Valley.
  • Options
    00:01

Was so disappointed the first time I was knowingly awake as midnight approached. I kept asking ' is it tomorrow yet' and was upset that nothing actually happened as today became tomorrow.
  • Options
    Walking a mile to knock for one of your mates and they are out.
    Kids/Teens don't know how easy they have it nowadays with mobiles and social media.

Having a spectrum when all your mates had a commodore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember being absolutely pissed off when Eddie Firmani went to Italy.
  • Options
    Spotting My big breasted, blonde english teacher from australia out with her boyfriend in bexleyheath, that day before we got relegated from the prem against sheffield wednesday, what a shit weekend that was
  • Options
    That time growing up where you are comfortable with the order of things.
    You are one of the good guys, who hangs out with like-minded intelligent funny guys.
    You know and despise the guys that are arrogant or aggressive or vindictive or thick or bullying.
    And then you see the best looking girls walking out with those wankers :smile:
  • Options
    Virtually every time I bought a game for my 48k zx spectrum. Took ages to load, if it worked at all, and the graphics were normally cack. My mates had c64s as well to compound the pain
  • Options

Fisting

My dad took me fisting when I was a kid, it bored the shit out of me.

I know some people love fisting, but it really wasn't for me

Harsh upbringing mate.
  • Options

When red non drying paint was put on top of the walls at the Valley.

Still on some of my jeans, its a b*****D to get out. ;)
  • Options

Walking a mile to knock for one of your mates and they are out.
    Kids/Teens don't know how easy they have it nowadays with mobiles and social media.

Having a spectrum Binetone when all your mates had a commodore Atari

• Options
    Spending hours slaving over a new conker to get it battle ready only for the primary school to ban conkers the very next day
  • Options
    Having to go indoors before the other kids at night because our mum worked night shift at The Brook Hospital and our old man was nowhere to be seen.

When you got a brand new leather football for Christmas and the painted coating came off after a couple of months and when the ball got wet it weighed a tonne and would almost knock you out if you headed it.

When you heard the ice cream van come down onto the estate but by the time you scrounged some money and went out there you saw the back end of it disappearing down the hill.